Opinion on how much longer until ready?

• Thread starter TONKAMAN77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

Those are from red assed Stems. Is that normal growing indoors? Just curious.
🤷 I wondered the same because only those 2 are red like that. I think it's the place the seeds came from. Growers Choice has so so ratings. My others are from ILGM and Seedsman. Have a few seeds coming from NASC also.

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

Will do. Thanks for checking them out and for the advice. How much souks I top them? Like 1 node?
If the blueberry autos are at week 8 and you don't see any pistils,its almost guaranteed they are actually photoperiods. Usually autos will show some flowers in the 3rd to 5th week,
I don't think there are any auto strains that take 8 weeks or more to show sex.

If you want to keep all the plants and have the time and space in the tent. I would keep running things the way they are and see if the blueberry happen to start flowering in the next couple weeks,if they don't....start training or topping them and keep them in veg until your Skywalker autos have decent buds on them....then switch to 12/12.
Running autos with 12/12 will decrease yield,so thats why you let them grow as much as possible before flipping lights so that your blueberries will start flowering too.

I've grown a couple autos and photos together,the autos went half their life with 20/4 lighting and the final half with 12/12....I still got alright yields
Them

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

Those are from red assed Stems. Is that normal growing indoors? Just curious.
Not to my knowledge. I can't figure that out. I've tried everything. Ph going in is good, pH coming from run off is good too. That one with red stem has been grown identical as the others that don't have a red stem. This plant also seems to look droopier than any other plant. I'm not over watering it. It's only that 1 plant. I'm thinking it's genetics. I'm also thinking it's a photo and not an autoflower. It's a Pacific Seed/Growers Choice Bank seed. I got it from a buddy of mine. I won't be purchasing any seeds from them in the future.

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

Will do. Thanks for checking them out and for the advice. How much souks I top them? Like 1 node?

Them
Its recommended to top them around the 4th to 6th node. After topping, two main stems should start growing and you can top those again if you wish. You could also train them instead of topping,if the stems are still fairly flexible. Bend the main stem down and the other branches so that they are all relatively the same height and tie them into place. Training will be easier on your plant than topping ,they will grow faster and it will branch out alot and become bushy.

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

Its recommended to top them around the 4th to 6th node. After topping, two main stems should start growing and you can top those again if you wish. You could also train them instead of topping,if the stems are still fairly flexible. Bend the main stem down and the other branches so that they are all relatively the same height and tie them into place. Training will be easier on your plant than topping ,they will grow faster and it will branch out alot and become bushy.
Thanks. Although it doesn't look like they are but they are LST trained. I first tied it down sideways/parallel with the ground and it started growing up again, then I bent back the other way sideways and it started growing up again as well. There Stems look like a not as defined figure 'S'. I've also heard of mainline training which sounds similar to your method of training as well. I'll check out the plants and maybe give a light topping and see how that works out. Thanks again for the opinion and advice. Appreciate

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah I think red stems to the fans can be normal on some Strains. But red stalks might want to look into. I think I read something sometime ago about maybe a possible phosphorus or potassium deficiency. But I am is far from an expert as you can get. You’ll figure it out and good job so far. Growers choice is not going to get a chance to fuck me over again. There are too many other avenues.

thejack

thejack

This is a 9 week blueberry auto. My first seed so lots of trial and error. My others are much bigger and younger. a dwarf for sure. How much longer would you say she has to go? Any educated guesses?
Squeeze it hard. Does it drip? Hey, I'm just kidding, man. I never know peak harvest day. I have the scopes & all but I'm never sure. Too much advice out there. But hell, smoking it and keeping records-- over time--will pan out for you .Fucking hard workunless you like that sort of thing. I do not!

the rrock

the rrock

This is a 9 week blueberry auto. My first seed so lots of trial and error. My others are much bigger and younger. a dwarf for sure. How much longer would you say she has to go? Any educated guesses?
i would start over with better strain and lights,your just wasting your time for a couple joints,why autos?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Tell me about your soil.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Allegedly

Allegedly

It better be the best packing I've ever had with the time and effort I put into this little guy. It was a first so it was informative at least.
switch to femenized seeds until you get the hang of things. just my advice :) but like 4 weeks id say

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

Yeah I think red stems to the fans can be normal on some Strains. But red stalks might want to look into. I think I read something sometime ago about maybe a possible phosphorus or potassium deficiency. But I am is far from an expert as you can get. You’ll figure it out and good job so far. Growers choice is not going to get a chance to fuck me over again. There are too many other avenues.
I agree. The red stem I read could be a lack from potassium or phosphorus but I'm giving nutes with both in it so I don't think it's that. I'm really stumped because like I mentioned it's been growing exactly like it's twin with same everything and the other plant doesn't have that issue. Nor does it have the slight drooping. I imagine those 2 things are connected. It's still growing and the leaves are pretty green so I don't know. Another thing I've read is either stress or just "sun burn" but I tend to cancel that at as well because none of the other plants are responding that way. I'm leaning towards genetics.

You mentioned Growers Choice Fucking you.... have you had a negative experience with them too? My buddy that gave me these seeds doesn't have anything good to say about them either and I've read others on threads say the same. The only positive thing I found when checking their web site was they have decent prices. What good is that when you don't know what the fuck you are getting? It's like paying for something out of a grab bag with type, genetics, etc. Also read that they take a while to ship and many people who don't pay for the shipping insurance seem to not get their package and they blame that it must have gotten intercepted by the Post Office. That's BS because it's legal in many states and with the lack of workers they don't have time to check. Plus seed companies would be shut down.

Thanks again for the input and the advice and opinions etc. Since this thread is going, I'll continue to keep updating the blueberry auto that's well into flowering, the 2 other blueberry "autos" that are 8 weeks and not flowing, as well as the 2 week Skywalker OG Auto. I slightly topped the 2 that are not flowering, and started LST on the 2 week old Skywalker. The baby is by far the biggest at the 2 week stage and the healthiest looking at that stage as well. Likely due to the research, advice from this community, trial and error with the others, experience with the other older plants, and by just having more PATIENCE. These 4 plants are all my first grows. I think of them as #1 (the flowering dwarf auto), #2 (healthier blueberry "auto" that has yet to flower), #3 (blueberry 'auto' not flowering w/red stems/droopier), and #4 (skywalker og auto).

After these plants and however long they take I have 2 more Skywalker OG Auto seeds, 5 Bubblegum Auto seeds, and 3 Zkittles OG seeds, and 1 Unknown Auto freebie seed to go. I was thinking more along the lines that these first 4 were going to be my "getting experience" grows and to learn the do's and dont's hoping that I will have more knowledge for the next ones. Right now they are in closet with good airflow/vent surrounded by Mylar boards and 2 450watt lights. Might be investing in a tent in the near future but trying to figure out where it will go. Lol.
I will likely have more questions and advice seeking so feel free to check in. The more the merrier. Sorry for the long post. Nothing but time over here. 😉😁

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

switch to femenized seeds until you get the hang of things. just my advice :) but like 4 weeks id say
You think feminized seeds are easier for a novice like me than autos? I've heard that as well but also people swear by starting with autos to start. I choose auto because of just that...... they auto flower and I thought it would reduce the decision making with when to flip etc being my first time getting into this. I figured why not. I like plants, people say my thumb is green, VA just went legal a few months ago, and I'm now working from home every day due to the pandemic therefore "why not"? It's fun and good learning experience, but much more of a challenge than I thought it would be....... but hey.......I take challenges exactly as that.....a challenge. It's like a game now and I want to beat it. Lol

Allegedly

Allegedly

You think feminized seeds are easier for a novice like me than autos? I've heard that as well but also people swear by starting with autos to start. I choose auto because of just that...... they auto flower and I thought it would reduce the decision making with when to flip etc being my first time getting into this. I figured why not. I like plants, people say my thumb is green, VA just went legal a few months ago, and I'm now working from home every day due to the pandemic therefore "why not"? It's fun and good learning experience, but much more of a challenge than I thought it would be....... but hey.......I take challenges exactly as that.....a challenge. It's like a game now and I want to beat it. Lol
you lose the ability to correct a mistake at any point before 12/12 with autos. With a photoperiod, if you see a problem you have a chance to make adjustments and then flower when the problem is corrected. its your yield, grow how you like; but if you mess up in veg with an auto you get what you got.
I would also like to add, Get proven quality auto genetics if you just have to grow them. Mephisto is a known quality breeder, and ive heard nothing but great things from gas reaper.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We use Fems because we simply don't have the space and resources to do our own cloning and breeding, and we would rather not have to worry about males at this point.
If we did, you can bet we will run Regular seeds because that is the most stable of the genetics. They are also the easiest in my mind with the slight exception of the males.

Allegedly

Allegedly

We use Fems because we simply don't have the space and resources to do our own cloning and breeding, and we would rather not have to worry about males at this point.
If we did, you can bet we will run Regular seeds because that is the most stable of the genetics. They are also the easiest in my mind with the slight exception of the males.
yeah, really sucks to get a few males. ive ran regs a few times. if youre on a plant count just go fem and quit stressing yourself out.

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

Here is my skywalker OG auto. She's 3 weeks old yesterday. Only wish I had her in a bigger pot because she's really thriving. She's the first 2 pictures. My dwarf blueberry auto is in its last couple weeks max flowering. She's small but starting to plump up. She's the 3rd picture. My 2 other blueberry "autos" are in the closet. They are much bigger than the dwarf. And still haven't flowered at about 11 weeks old. Going to flip them to a 12/12 to see if I can induce flowering after the Skywalker OG is finished. No other choice because I only have 1 room. Brought these 2 pants outside to get some real sun. I've been doing that for the Skywalker since sprout so maybe that's why she is thriving so well?

20211017 120206
20211017 120159
20211017 120214

Latest posts

Top Bottom