Opinion on how to mix

• Thread starter Ruki3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ruki3

Ruki3

I’m about to transfer over seedlings to a 5 gallon pot and I’ve been using happy frog soil and ocean forest. I plan on mixing the soil 50/50 but should I add perlite to this as well? If so how much? Any other organic mixes that I should mix along with it?

High onFire

High onFire

Do you plan on using it as a water only soil? If so, I would add quality compost about a 1/3rd of your overall mix. I recommend Coast of Maine's Lobster Compost. I would also add. some Pumice it wont float like perlite and breaks down to minerals your plants will uptake after the reuse of soil many times. If you need the soil quickly I would add to many amendments as it will take some time to cook. You cant go wrong with Castings or Quality Compost.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I’m about to transfer over seedlings to a 5 gallon pot and I’ve been using happy frog soil and ocean forest. I plan on mixing the soil 50/50 but should I add perlite to this as well? If so how much? Any other organic mixes that I should mix along with it?
I use FFOF soil as a base. In a 5 gal fabric bag I’ll combine about 3.5 gal soil, 1 gal perlite, 1/2 gal EWC. I throw in a handful of alfalfa pellets and mycos. I wet it all down with a light dose of Recharge or Mammoth P and let it break down for 6-8 weeks, while the plants go from seedling to veg in a smaller bag. I’ll lightly spray it with a little bit of RO water to keep the critters alive and working in the soil. I supplement during late veg/early flower with a top dress of Dr.Earth flower girl (3.9.4) and/or the general 2.2.2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom