Opinion on who would harvest and who would wait

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

This is my second grow ever so I'm still learning the right color and amber percentage as to when to harvest. Let me preface that prior to harvest, I put my plants in a dark room for 5 days.
So my question is in learning to determine a good time to harvest or atleast get my plants into my dark room. I'm on day 89 of my last 2 Bruce Banner Auto. I'll attach the best pictures I could take of what my trichomes look like, and I would like opinions as to who would wait and how long or if they are ready to go into dark room. There are Amber's throughout tye plant but not at 20% (I have bad tremors so taking pictures is tough so it's the best I can do)

Opinion on who would harvest and who would wait
Opinion on who would harvest and who would wait 2
Opinion on who would harvest and who would wait 3
Opinion on who would harvest and who would wait 4
Opinion on who would harvest and who would wait 5
Opinion on who would harvest and who would wait 6
Opinion on who would harvest and who would wait 7
Opinion on who would harvest and who would wait 8
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

You should get a loop from a hobby store or a small microscope. It’s hard to see trichomes in the pictures. Also it’s definitely a personal preference when it comes to chop timing. This photo should help, it’s been said the more amber the more couch lock more milky more head high/energetic. But takes practice to find what you like best.
8A7F150C 481D 453F 9FE0 B584BEB4EE32

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

This is my second grow ever so I'm still learning the right color and amber percentage as to when to harvest. Let me preface that prior to harvest, I put my plants in a dark room for 5 days.
So my question is in learning to determine a good time to harvest or atleast get my plants into my dark room. I'm on day 89 of my last 2 Bruce Banner Auto. I'll attach the best pictures I could take of what my trichomes look like, and I would like opinions as to who would wait and how long or if they are ready to go into dark room. There are Amber's throughout tye plant but not at 20% (I have bad tremors so taking pictures is tough so it's the best I can do)
You also should check trichomes on the calyx (the bud) not on the sugar leaves.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I have a few loop and microscopes. And my wife got me one With a 7 inch screen. I can see them way clearer with my loupes and they are all cloudy for sure. My Gelato I let go to 40 percent amber cause I wanted a little couch lock. I want the most minimal couch lock on the Bruce Banners. The main thing that has confused me is when I see tricomes that are clear but with amber heads. It's that the way amber ones are? Thanks as always for the help guys

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

In picture that's about the best I can do with a calyx picture. Wish my hands didn't shake so bad.

20220123 235416 capture
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Looks like a lot of clear and milky trichomes but it’s hard to say. I would wait another week at least. It’s good to go by when you think they are done wait another week.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

That's exactly what I had timed. Around 100 days. Thanks for you're patience. This is my second grow. And my first came out so beautiful and delicious (gelato) but now realize I harvested it way too early out of lack of knowledge and excitement and it could have been that much better. I have plenty of herb now so I can be patient thus time lol

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Update: pulled one of my Bruce Banner Auto and put it Un dark for 5 days and it's been now hanging to dry whole (on day 6 of drying). I'm doing a slow long drying process this time at low Temps and 48% RH. I pulled the smallest branch off of it which was about 10" tall and trimmed a few Buds out of boredom. Got 11 plus grams of one tiny little branch and the Buds look so pretty and have such a unique delicious smell. Can't wait to smoke it lol

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

In very general terms the longer you wait the more prevalent the minor cannabinoids. Do yourself a favor and package the best colas separately so you can compare to the lower branches later. Generally what I find is lower buds are less potent but improved with additional ripening time. Just don’t eliminate nitrogen as much as most bottles tell you and they will keep getting better. You can even harvest just the tops now as a personal test.
How’s the smell?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Ps figure about 2.2 finish weight on those buds in the vid. Look impressive

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

The smell is VERY unique. Hints of fruit and minor sweet and early. The best way my wife describes it is it smells like fresh brewed tea.
I have these few Buds Un a larger mason jar with a humidity reader and the humidity is WAY too high (72%) as to be expected with an early trim and the plant still holding alot of water weight.
I am kind of doing what you said and chopping it not all at once and expirmenting with many different factors. The 5 days in Darkness prior to chop, and ice old water 2 days before cutting, made a significant difference in trichome appearance atleast from my perspective. I have enough plants between my tent, hanging to dry or in the dark room still potted to play around with different things. Anything I notice, I'll update. Thanks for the good info.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Is the smell really strong?

there is a test I was going to do at my next harvest similar to your dark period. Supposed to increase terpenoids. Never tried cold roots either. Worth it? I guess time will tell.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I really appreciate it. It's my second time ever growing but I dump allt of tike in them. I've only done autos on both grows. Last time with 5 small but dense Grandaddy Purp Autos I got 9 ounces of quality bud and around 6 ounces if killer trim for oils and butter. These plants look much denser too. My goal is to be between 12 and 15 ounces based on the efforts I've put and the fact they are just small autos.
I just got my Durban Poison seeds in today for my next grow. It will be my first attempt at photoperiods so wish me luck lol.
P.S. the gelato from this grow has been absolutely delicious from the small branch I trimmed off of one plant.

I'll attach a picture side by side of gelato and bruce banner. Side not, Bruce banner stayed in the dark 5 days and watered with ice cold water 2 days before chop. The gelato went straight from tent to being chopped and hung. Aim sure genetics plays a big roll in this, but the Bruce Banner by far is sooooo much more frostier. Also that particular gelato never got any special attention because u nearly killed it lol by week 4 and gave up on it and just watered. So lucky have anything from it. The B.Banner did receive all my TLC and "Flower Fuel" which I noticed within a week made a very noticeable difference in density and size of Buds. I am a firm believer of the product after seeing a side by side of plants that got it vs ones that didnt.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I really appreciate it. It's my second time ever growing but I dump allt of tike in them. I've only done autos on both grows. Last time with 5 small but dense Grandaddy Purp Autos I got 9 ounces of quality bud and around 6 ounces if killer trim for oils and butter. These plants look much denser too. My goal is to be between 12 and 15 ounces based on the efforts I've put and the fact they are just small autos.
I just got my Durban Poison seeds in today for my next grow. It will be my first attempt at photoperiods so wish me luck lol.
P.S. the gelato from this grow has been absolutely delicious from the small branch I trimmed off of one plant.

I'll attach a picture side by side of gelato and bruce banner. Side not, Bruce banner stayed in the dark 5 days and watered with ice cold water 2 days before chop. The gelato went straight from tent to being chopped and hung. Aim sure genetics plays a big roll in this, but the Bruce Banner by far is sooooo much more frostier. Also that particular gelato never got any special attention because u nearly killed it lol by week 4 and gave up on it and just watered. So lucky have anything from it. The B.Banner did receive all my TLC and "Flower Fuel" which I noticed within a week made a very noticeable difference in density and size of Buds. I am a firm believer of the product after seeing a side by side of plants that got it vs ones that didnt.didn't.

***AND YESS COMBINATION OF DARK AND COLD WATER/ROOTS MADE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE TO THE EYE NOT JUST A MICROSCOPE*** Regarding smell, I'm not sure if it was gelato or Bruce banner but BY far a VERY stinky grow even with a powerful 6 inch carbon filter exhaust. But I have to filter air into the same room unfortunately and not out to an attic or outside.
Attached a picture of my last 2 plants left (Bruce banner). My filter pad needs to be swapped out BAD. It's super dusty and dirty just from past 90 days which could be a reason it stinks so bad lol

20220125 181718
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Picture isSide by side of Gelato and Bruce Banner autos difference in what genetics can do genetics, show plant that got Flower Fuel (Bruce banner) vs not, plant that was in dark for 5 days and freezing water 2 days before (Bruce Banner).
NONE OF THIS IS ADVICE. I'm a complete noobie on a second grow who is fortunate to have to time to try many different things from what I read and watch.
Firm observations ATLEAST FOR ME:
1. Plants that "Flower Fuel" got much denser and heavier
2. Plants that sat in dark still potted, at 61° to 64° max really got much frostier in appearance atleast
3. Plants that got the cold water also seemed much frostier

In a few weeks after some different curing ideas, I'll try and come up with my own personal conclusion for ideas for the future for a good beggining to end

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Update: Trimmed first Bruce Banner Auto. Total of 83 days in tent, plus 5 days in dark still Planted and 6 days to dry. Total of 94 days from seed to jar got a total of 40 95 GRAMS of quality bud and 20 ounces of trim. I was aiming for 2 ounces per plant and tgis was my smallest plant so I will gladly take it thanks for all the help along the way
GridArt 20220127 235232209

Top Bottom