Opinions On Cloning.

• Thread starter ZombiePlague
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ZombiePlague

ZombiePlague

Always just cloned in a soilless medium with very little to no perilite with decent success. Would it be better to use peat disks,straight perilite or a mix of soilless/perilite.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

lots of people use them "root riot" cubes
they look similar to peat disks
can't say I have any experience using those disks though or root riots

coco, rockwool cubes, or aero/bubble cloner are better options

ZombiePlague

ZombiePlague

Don't want to have to fiddle around with rockwool. Was thinking the increased perilite would promote easier rooting.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I clone in "rapid rooters" that get placed in a solo cup of 50/50 soil/perlite. With great success.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Nope. If ur cloning into coco better it stays as moist as possible. Once rooted Def get it into a perlite or other aeration coco mix but if we r talking just cloning less perlite is better all day. Cloned that way with great success for a long time. No way I've found is better but using bennies and root riots is easier. Want to be clear I've found it easier and less messy to clone in root riots but it isn't any better of a method than cloning in straight coco. If it ain't broke don't fix it brother. Best advice I can ever give u. Good luck!

Melvan

Melvan

I spend about $80 a year on cloning supplies using Oasis Grow Medium Wedges and a $4 cannister of GardenSense Rooting Powder.

Here's a tutorial on how they work

Good luck.

Melvan

Melvan

Zombie you can buy them in 2 different ways. Just the refill box, which is what I buy. Or you can get them already in trays made just for them the first time around. You get fewer wedges to start, but in the future you can just buy the refill box and reuse the trays.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Soilless is a sphag peatmoss mix made by Promix.
Ok. I never used peat to clone. Well not out the bag peat. Only coco out the bag. In saying that root riots r peat based so I guess it's pretty much the same. Equual success But like I said the plugs r just way easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom