Opinions on my water quality

• Thread starter Jerry_Va
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jerry_Va

Jerry_Va

I've lived in the mountains all my life and have always had great water to work with. I moved to the city about 5 months ago and have been bringing in about 25 gallons of spring water a week. It's getting old. I got a pamphlet in the mail a few days ago basically claiming we have pretty good water. Tastes like shit if you ask me. Do you think I would have any issues using this if I bubbled it for a day or two before use? I get around 50 ppm on my tds which I believe is the 500 scale.
Opinions on my water quality

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I would filter the water. Its a simple step that costs almost nothing but removes all kinds of things that might create issues.
We always filter our water.

Ponky

Ponky

That waters is fine right out if the tap. Plants like a little chlorine. But yeah. Little aeration and that water should be perfect. May be a not low on buffering.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
yeah, you'll water to add something for buffering though if you're running soilless or hydro. there's nothing in that water to keep the pH stable.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I've lived in the mountains all my life and have always had great water to work with. I moved to the city about 5 months ago and have been bringing in about 25 gallons of spring water a week. It's getting old. I got a pamphlet in the mail a few days ago basically claiming we have pretty good water. Tastes like shit if you ask me. Do you think I would have any issues using this if I bubbled it for a day or two before use? I get around 50 ppm on my tds which I believe is the 500 scale.
View attachment 1143726
Fairfax water always tastes like shit.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Jerry_Va

Jerry_Va

I've been intending to look into RO but was hoping I could get away without it. Glad I checked. At least I don't feel but so stupid for hauling all this water every week now. Thanks for all the info!

freezeland2

freezeland2

I've been intending to look into RO but was hoping I could get away without it. Glad I checked. At least I don't feel but so stupid for hauling all this water every week now. Thanks for all the info!
Come back to the mountains.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I wish. Got tired of driving 3 hours a day. I would much rather be outside city limits but couldn't pass up the deal.
Got to do what you got to do. I couldn’t do it. Enjoy down there.

Jerry_Va

Jerry_Va

Ok did some checking. Your copper is like 85% of a lethal dose to plants. So reverse osmosis or charcoal that water.
Where did you see this?
interesting, learned something new! i saw the 27ppb, and assumed it was insignificant. Thanks for providing reading material!
My comprehension skills suck but what I've found to read about it does make it sound insignificant. If most plants already contain 10 to 20 ppm than water with 27 ppb doesn't seem like much at all.
Got to do what you got to do. I couldn’t do it. Enjoy down there.
I'm only 30 min from the parkway and I guess technically still in the mountains. I just hate looking out my door and seeing houses where trees are supposed to be.

Ponky

Ponky

Where did you see this?

My comprehension skills suck but what I've found to read about it does make it sound insignificant. If most plants already contain 10 to 20 ppm than water with 27 ppb doesn't seem like much at all.

I'm only 30 min from the parkway and I guess technically still in the mountains. I just hate looking out my door and seeing houses where trees are supposed to be.
Oh sorry. I read it wrong. I was too high. I read the upper limit reading as your actual reading. My bad.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Where did you see this?

Trees and cows here, and a helluva view down the blueridge Lol

Jerry_Va

Jerry_Va

Oh sorry. I read it wrong. I was too high. I read the upper limit reading as your actual reading. My bad.
I still appreciate your input. I suck at research. Any idea if the ro or carbon filter will make it taste better?

Top Bottom