Opinions on nutrients...

• Thread starter beanz240
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

beanz240

Ok folks im making the trip to the grow store this weekend and would love some advice as to which nutrients people use and love. I've been on the search for a few years trying to find one that i love, i like the AN line but sooooo overpriced in my opinion, so if i could get some info on what you all like that would be awesome. I'm using soil and would love a fully organic round but it's ok if not. So what do you use?

steveedg

steveedg

you cant go wrong with canna i drift away to other brands but always end up back with canna. i just grabbed 10l bottles of coco a + b so im gonna be usin it 4 a while

lol same here i have just done a grow with the canadian xpress range and couldn't wait to get back with the canna coco

B

beanz240

I have been wondering about canna and thought it was more for coco.....i'm on to reading......AGAIN

F

FastForward

Just switch to coco with Canna nutes and you'll be loving life. If a nub like me can turn out good weed then it's definitely the nutes and not me!! I'd go Canna nutes for your core feeding regimen with some extras added in as you feel fit (e.g. superthrive in veg, silicon if pm is a prob). Also Canna do a few organic products in their BioCanna range, but not core nutes for coco afaik.....

Or just go Canna Terra the whole way....but coco is the greatest....just do it :)

B

beanz240

LOL damn you FF i've been wanting to switch to coco for a little while now. Maybe i'll do one plant in the coco just to see the hype and take that from there...I was just looking at some of the Biocanna line.

B

beanz240

Ouch iv'e been looking for some canna retailers around me and couldn't find one.....Soooo i would have to have it shipped to me and with a bag of coco the shipping cost is more than the product cost....Hmmmm back on to the search. Another one i have been interested in is Dutch Master i believe. Any feedback from them?

B

beanz240

How about "Monsta bud" from Ozi Magic? Anyone know anything about this? It's real cheap, enough for a try?

B

beanz240

Old Age Organics............

Ok i'm on their page and checking them out, is this what you use? Good/bad? Anything you wouldn't mind adding?

Ooops....i was on the Age old organics page....

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I used AN for years, pertty much since it was available in my area. Used the entire line, over time figured out what worked and what was a waste of money (for me). I didn't have to pay for it at first, maybe that's what motivated me to not use the whole line..haha. I switched to PBP about 6 months ago and haven't looked back. WAY cheaper than AN. And from what i've seen so far, the plants like it better. Maybe not QUITE the growth rates, but i'll take happier, healthier, stress-free plants over fast plants any day. But ultimately, it boils down to what works for YOU, in YOUR system. So take any and all recommendations with a grain of salt. ;) Good luck on your search mane.

B

beanz240

I hear ya with taking these with a grain of salt, i just want to hear personal experiences with some. 10 million Elvis fans cant be wrong. Now the PBP, is that the Botanicare line?

P.S. the name....It cracks me up every time i read it

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
PBP for my main line. I am in coco also, but I used PBP in soil also with no complaints. If I switch back to soil I wont need new nutes. ROOT

L

LandraceQuest

Yop :character0035:

If you search some organic nutes , why don't you try bio-sevia from GHE ?!? I never used it but i heard some good comments on that line of organic nutes and it can be used in Hydroponic systems too...

Canna Coco is a great idea too...when i finished my tripack , i switch to Canna coco immediatly or maybe House&Garden coco...dunno

Lot of coco fans here , Cool !!! :lock:

-LQ-

I

ismokepot

My mistake...... it is Age Old Organics. It also works great. I think everything listed above will turn out a great product. Compare pricing to help make your decisions.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I have used PBP line for many years on soil. I still do.. My outdoor crop will be hit with PBP.. It is the Ultimate one part stand alone nutrient..Cal Mag is a must in conjunction. Both are by Botanicare.. Just awesome for soil grows..

For hydro I am big fan of the GH 3 part series..That some CAL MAG and a lil Flora Blend, No shit fella's this is the shit. IMVO only the best use it.. Here is the Ultimate GH 3 part Recipe.. By my talented hydro buddy Useless

So OK - feeding schedule week by week. This is the GH weekly feeding program, slightly tweaked. I will only call out the volume of each part per gallon of water in the following manner: grow, micro, bloom, ppm range. Example - 5-2.5-2.5-400/800 would mean 5 ml grow, 2.5 ml micro, 2.5 ml bloom and a ppm of 400-880. Remember it's per gallon. You Euro's can easily convert to liters. 4 liters is just a little bit over 1 gallon. It should also be noted that I use the hardwater micro due to my tapwater. I suggest using the hardwater micro in place of the regular micro if your tap water is over 200 ppm total or you have over 70 ppm Ca. RO water users should use the regular micro.
Veg -
week 1 5-2.5-2.5-400/600
week 2 10-5-3- 600/800
week 3 12-6-3 800/1000 (continue week 3 formula if additional veg time is required.)

Bloom
week 1 6-6-10- 800/1200
week 2 3-7-12 - 1000/1400
week 3 3-8-14 - 1000/1400
week 4 3-8-16 - 1000/1400
week 5 (discussed in detail below*)
week 6 0-7-20 - 1000/1400
week 7 0-6-20 (see bleow**)
* During week 5 if not using a booster like Superbud, Bushmaster Kabloom etc. run 2.5-7-18. I use MOAB (Mother of All Blooms) or BushMaster at 50% of recommended strength, and use 1.25-3.5-9 for the fert base.
**If running an 8, week strain you should only run the ferts during week 7 for a maximum of 3-4 days. This gives you 10 days for flushing. If you are running a 10+ week strain hit your Crop with the MOAB or your Bud booster during week 7 to see Results..:bong2:

The ppms work out almost exactly. I tend to lean toward the lower side of the range, unless I have a really heavy feeder that I know can handle it.

At every ressy change out I add in 5 drops per gallon of 35% food grade H2O2. During flush use ph adjusted water at 5.5-6.0
I will add epsom salt at week 1 of bloom if the plants are heavy feeders AND I see signs of an Mg def. Otherwise I won't use it. The only time I have ever had Mg def is during transition. The GH 3 part is a little low on Mg, but the PBP and Canna nutes are way lower.

Now- how to control your PH...
There are a couple factors that cause your PH to drift. The most common is running the nute solution too strong or too weak. If it's too strong, your PH drops. If it's too weak the PH rises. You have to find the balance point. If you find that the formula above is say, a little strong, and say you have a 20 gallon ressy, mix the nutes for 18 gallons. If it's a little weak, mix it for 22 gallons. You follow?
The other common mistake is mixing your nutrient solution and trying to adjust the PH right away. You have to allow time for the ph buffers in the nutrient solution to do their job. Mix the nutes up, and bubble or circulate for 12 hours before even looking at your PH. You will find the PH to be almost right on target.
I use little or no ph adjusters. (Except during flush). I use tap water, with a starting PPM of 300-400 and a starting PH of 7.4-9.0 (Thats crazy you say! The water is too hard, you will never get stable PH and you will have too much Ca, causing a lockout of Mg!) Bollocks I say.
Every week, on Friday I drain the ressy and fill with plain water. I let that run overnight giving the plants a little flush. This also allows the chlorine and ammonia to evap. On Saturday morning, I mix the nutes into the ressy. I DO NOT adjust ph at this time. Let that run as is overnight. On Sunday morning, I check ph and adjust if needed. Usually don't have to.
Doing things this way has saved me from constant PH drifts, and using about 150 ml of ph down every ressy change, and a little here and there throughout the week to keep it in the desired range. Now, the most I ever have to use is about 30 ml.if any at all. (I have a 35 gallon ressy btw) My Ph stays at a constant 5.5-5.8.

Now I have splurged and bought myself a RO unit. Now I have 0 PPM water.. No need for my weekly lil flush with water anymore..
Well, that's how I do it. Bring on any questions, happy answer them for you.

The Joker

The Joker

Interesting...I had a serious ph problem last run. I have been adding the same amount of Ph down for three years. But this time, my ph was way low and I had nute lock out.

My tap ppm is 170. I tried hard water micro but actually it didn't work as well.

I've been using Highgrades formula. 3-2-1, 2-2-2, 1-2-3

1= 5 ml. per 3 gallons , so for 21 gallons you would need

105 grow, 70 micro, 35 bloom and so on.

It give me a ppm of 600, I'll check what the ec is.

I bump it up 200 ppm every two weeks when I change the nutes. I peak the ppms in week 5-6. I've been using Koolbloom and Floralicious. But I substituted Budswell for Floralicious. I just bought Diamond Nectar to try.

I haven't tried Bushmaster or Superbud. Did you see a big difference? I've used Koolbloom at half strength, but can't say it's more effective than a longer veg.

I'm always trying to improve yields.

C

cali2

Botanicare rocks. I use the pbb, liqiud karma , calmag and the berry sweet. Im currently useing the foxfarm opensesame, beastiebloom and chaching in conjuction with the botanicare line. In the past ive uesd advanced big bud, witch put out some fatties. I use these nutes with coco, dwc and soil. for dwc I leave out the liquid Karma. Easy mix with great results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom