Opinions on ozone please

• Thread starter bass ackwards
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bass ackwards

I have been looking around for a good ozone generator to put into my ducting as it exhausts to the outside and I came upon a model made by Uvonair and I wonder what your opinions are on this model.

If anybody has any suggestions or experience with different models I would be happy to hear what your opinions are.

Those of you who feel ozone has no place in the grow environment feel free to comment as well. I will listen to your reasoning as well.

Respect bass

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Be careful venting ozone, it has an unmistakable smell and is well known as a masking agent. You're better off with a good carbon filter.

J

Jalisco Kid

I agree with the above post that a scrubber is the better way to go. Though ozone really gets rid of smell,perfume masks smell. Most people do not mix the ozone well. I use a ozone generator as an emergency backup or during harvest. I run it through a baffled box then through a long curvy ducting. I also have mine on a sail sw so if there is no air movement the generator can not come on. The stuff is powerful and can harm you. It all depends on the application. I would never run it where people would be in contact with it. Suerte JK

T

todgerdelburro

Ditto, plus... there are problems with it generating acid I believe ?

O3 works well if you can vent into a room, there give it O3 then exhaust somewhere nobody is going to breathe the air, it may work well keeping the odour down in outdoor gardens, someone told me yesterday they could smell their 2008 Cheese [exodus cut] plant 200m away.....

B

bass ackwards

hererisssh,That is sound advice,and I will definitely give the exhaust special attention. As I am replying to your suggestion I have to admit that I am not sure wether I can modulate the output of the generator I am interested in. I will have to look into that,Thank you!

J K,Actually I will be using a scrubber in each of my flowering rooms. I will exhaust from the flower rooms into an empty room from which I plan to exhaust that air which has already been scrubbed into the furnace exhaust. It will be in this ducting that I intend to put the ozone generator. It is my hope that the ozone will mix with the exhaust within the ducting as it exits the building through the chimney. And as you say I would definitely need it during late flower and harvest. By the way I will not have it running constantly, just when the exhaust fans from the flower rooms are on.

TB,You must have been reading my mind, What you are suggesting is exactly what I am planning to do. It makes me feel as though I am on the right track when others are thinking along the same lines as I.

Thank you all for your input and I would like to encourage others for their input as well.

Respect bass

T

todgerdelburro

Hi Bass,

Well... a friend works in a shop and talks to everybody, gets feedback... a few years ago everybody was getting O3 machines and they were happy, odours killed, next time I saw him and had a chat... it was all carbon filters and how Phat were the best..... O3 was history and that is when i heard of the issues & how to fix them best ... that is as i remember it, i have been looking into them a bit recently as a newbie friend i help got to the 'i foud this...' stage and i could not remember why 'we' stopped using O3 .so looked into it again.

lots of people selling & telling lies about them at spannabis recently, [x] naughty.

B

bass ackwards

todgerdelburro,"spannabis", isn't that Spain's equivalent of the "Cannabis Cup"? Werw you there? How was it? Anything new or different?

Anyway I did a little research on that unit I mentioned and it turns out that although it does allow for some modulation of it's output (it has a high and low setting), I would prefer it to have more adaptability. Right now it is the best I can come up with but I will keep looking. If anyone reading this can point me in the right direction, please do so.

Respect bass

M

mato

use ozone with extreme caution, it REALLY is unhealthy for humans and animals in the quantities generated. I have a smaller size unit and it runs for no more than a minute every hour.
I don't think using them in ventilation is smart because it doesn't allow proper uniform mixture and you've got to have it running constantly which wastes electricity and burns out the bulbs sooner. Plus if you're pumping out ozone with your exhaust 24/7 I imagine that in itself might be a security concern. At first when I got my generator we tried it at a friends apartment complex, and you could clearly smell the ozone in the complex.

plus what if the ozone generator ever fails.........that's why I go with carbon......its nice to not have that worry......

T

todgerdelburro

todgerdelburro,"spannabis", isn't that Spain's equivalent of the "Cannabis Cup"? Werw you there? How was it? Anything new or different?

Nothing new or exciting on the ozone front as far as i could see, there were several shops happily trying to sell them, the indoor scene here is pretty new and most shops/owners are of little real help.

There is a cup going on there somehow missed it again, it is not shoved in yer face.

J

Jeffman

been using one for 3 years at the minimal settings, if ya turn it off 20mn before entering the flowering room, ya shouldn t have any problem....and it really takes out any smell, it doesn t smell ozone in my room it smells nothing at all...i live in a building with other tenants and ya can t smell anything in front of my door, even inside the apt !! be cautious if ya use one.....otherwise it s a great tool if ya growin stinky strains
peace
jeffman

B

bass ackwards

Jeffman,Are you using your unit in your flower room? Doesn't that detract from the smell of your dried bud? What are your on/off cycle times? Do you have the ability to adjust the intensity of it's output? Please tell me the unit name and manufacturer so I can look at it. From everything I have heard running the unit in your flower room is not recommended,but you seem to be doing so. How large is your room? The unit I am considering is a "CD" unit and intended strictly for exhaust ventilation due to it's output.I need to run ozone only when my exhaust fans are on,and intend it to be a secondary measure for odor control as I explained in earlier posts. I am thinking that the unit I provided the link to may be much more than I require and I am interested in looking at others that people here are using and can recommend as you have done.

Top Bottom