Opinions on Pulse Pro (CO2/PAR/PPFD)

• Thread starter Tommy_Green
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tommy_Green

Tommy_Green

I just noticed that that Pulse have released a new product. Pulse Pro.

Currently I just use a temp and humidity sensor, with a vpd chart but looking at the pro unit it also has a bunch of sensors in it now, which I don't have and seems to be good value to be able to dial a room in. Being able to test the par and co2 levels would help greatly and I've been wanting to get these two sensors to see where I'm at.

Wondering if anyone knows the tech side of these sensors and whether this Pulse pro will give me pretty accurate readings. I assume the Co2 will be pretty good but the the par readings? Considering a par meter is about the same price, the product packs some value.

At first look without using a pulse and wanting to have an all round reading device it seems like it pretty good value if all the sensors are pretty accurate.

Cheers for feedback.

PulsePeet

PulsePeet

Supporter
Hey @Tommy_Green

Our CO2 is dead on. It uses one of the best sensors available, and is reliable over a long period of time.

As far as the par readings (ppfd), we're pretty damn good for the money. We're within 2% of the $550 apogee quantum meter on most lights. The worst i've seen is within 10% for some light spectrums. I'm working on improving the sensor performance via firmware updates, so the performance will continue getting better.

I just put up some specs here: https://support.pulsegrow.com/en/articles/4945104-pulse-pro-user-guide

Also, keep in mind the Pulse Pro can generate a spectral output for you like this:

1badcell

1badcell

Hey @Tommy_Green

Our CO2 is dead on. It uses one of the best sensors available, and is reliable over a long period of time.

As far as the par readings (ppfd), we're pretty damn good for the money. We're within 2% of the $550 apogee quantum meter on most lights. The worst i've seen is within 10% for some light spectrums. I'm working on improving the sensor performance via firmware updates, so the performance will continue getting better.

I just put up some specs here: https://support.pulsegrow.com/en/articles/4945104-pulse-pro-user-guide

Also, keep in mind the Pulse Pro can generate a spectral output for you like this:

View attachment 1096562
this looks like a tool all of us would benefit from.

Tommy_Green

Tommy_Green

Hey @Tommy_Green

View attachment 1096562
Boom! I'm in.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Well shit...im going to buy one of these.My old ladys gonna kill me.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
That definitely looks/sounds the business 😎
@PulsePeet .... Any chance of a few test units for some forum members to try out and hopefully recommend it 🙃
A bit cheeky to ask I know, but since you joined in here why... Why not 🙂

PulsePeet

PulsePeet

Supporter
Seems like Tommy's going to buy one and test it out.

PulsePeet

PulsePeet

Supporter
That definitely looks/sounds the business 😎
@PulsePeet .... Any chance of a few test units for some forum members to try out and hopefully recommend it 🙃
A bit cheeky to ask I know, but since you joined in here why... Why not 🙂

Can't just give these away! But doesn't hurt to ask haha

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
If we do, I'll keep you in mind.
Just keep the forum in mind, not me personally :-)
I would of course love to try one but I have zero need for owning one until I expand to more/bigger tents so it would be a bit wasted on me.

Regards

Tommy_Green

Tommy_Green

Have to say it's been awesome having the pulse! I want more! The pro is very good value. Still pricey for hobby med grow but I didn't have co2 or par reader, so the value is there.

When can we start adding them into the automation line? I've heard that it's on the cards now and api available for pro's (i can't code anyway) but just wanna simply send data to smart home devices.

I've got cheap home automation temp/humidity sensors to trigger shit that I use but they can vary so much to what the pulse gives, which means I'm constantly tweaking automatons to find the sweet spot.

Top Bottom