Opinions on the spider farmer SF 4000

• Thread starter Steve705
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

I can't comment or speculate about leds as i have not tried yet. But heres a dude running 2 sf4000 and a hlg 550.

I gotta say, it looks decent to me. That is 3 plants.

Last edited:
AbundanceTHC

AbundanceTHC

I'm currently running mh/hps 1000s but pulling the trigger on 2x SF4000s. I liked the coverage I had when running dual 600s vs the 1000s, so do you think I would be better off handing 4x sf2000 vs 2x SF4000s in a 4x8 tent?

I'm always hearing about the Ali lights but have never been given a direct response on which model to grab?

Any input on the best options to fill a 4x8 tent with 8 plants topped and trained to fill the space would be awesome! :)

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I can't comment or speculate about leds as i have not tried yet. But heres a dude running 2 sf4000 and a hlg 550.

I gotta say, it looks decent to me. That is 3 plants.
That’s a nice canopy for three plants.. buds look fat. Happy grows all.
Burnz

Hashrosindabs

Hashrosindabs

I'm currently running mh/hps 1000s but pulling the trigger on 2x SF4000s. I liked the coverage I had when running dual 600s vs the 1000s, so do you think I would be better off handing 4x sf2000 vs 2x SF4000s in a 4x8 tent?

I'm always hearing about the Ali lights but have never been given a direct response on which model to grab?

Any input on the best options to fill a 4x8 tent with 8 plants topped and trained to fill the space would be awesome! :)

I was just wondering how you guys are dealing with the heat from the SF4000... I have a 4x8 with a SF4000 and FC6500, with a 8” inline fan to exhaust the heat out.. and yet my temperatures are hitting mid to high 90s with both lights on at 100%.
I was hoping to seal off my tent and supplement co2, but I don’t see that being possible without an AC unit... without exhausting any of the heat, I can hit 100 in the tent, and that’s with my lights running at night too...
Is anyone else having issues with heat using the SF4000 in a 4x4 or 4x8 grow tent?

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Move the starters outside the tent if you can do so.I just ran a two hour back to back test of my Leds with the starters both in and out of the tent.They are what were generating heat in mine.

Hashrosindabs

Hashrosindabs

Move the starters outside the tent if you can do so.I just ran a two hour back to back test of my Leds with the starters both in and out of the tent.They are what were generating heat in mine.

@Grownsince95
Any tutorials or videos of how to take off the starters? I’ve noticed it puts out a lot of heat... but I’m not handy enough to take them off without help 😂

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
My starters are removable and have six foot cords to put them and the dimmer boxes outside the tent.They came that way.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I keep my lung room at 70degrees, push the hot air outside. Tent never gets above 80 with the lights on.

Mr. G

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
@Grownsince95
Any tutorials or videos of how to take off the starters? I’ve noticed it puts out a lot of heat... but I’m not handy enough to take them off without help 😂
It's beyond simple. Buy an appropriate sized extension cord and splice it between the driver and the light. You will also need 4 caps and some tape to make the connections.
Screenshot 20210120 075201 Chrome
Screenshot 20210120 075306 Chrome

goinghigh

goinghigh

Price went up $50on the SF4000 in past two days. Have the SF1000 & SF2000 but price is getting a little high for the SF4000. Thinking of going with the PhotonTek X 465W or 600W PRO LED. Anyone running PhotonTek?

Spike8910

Spike8910

I can't wait to upgrade from hps to led I will definitely be going the spider farmer route just not sure which one to get yet

Top Bottom