Optic 6 cob led or philizon 3000 watt 6 cob

Ok so I've bought the philizon 3000 watt cob led.
It has 6xcob led. And a pile of other epistar led chips.
It's almost identicly to the optic 6 but costs less than half the price.
Although it says 3000 watt it pulls 650 watts from the wall is roughly equivalent to a 1000plus hid light in terms of par readings.

The chart below doesnt make sense to me. What it seems to be telling me is it has no par readings outside of two square feet (which cant be right at all because the optic six has the same hardware and almost identical wattage so readings should look the same no when it hits the par chart in terms of coverage.
Im putting this 3000 watt philizon (sorry I know it's not the wattage but that's what they call it)
In a 3x3 tent. I know its gonna be super powerful for that space and par readings will increase with the reflective material of tent. But I guess Its just bothering me about the one chart philizon has about coverage.
Here's a link to philizon 3000

And here's a link to optic 6

Here's the philzon 3000 watt cob led charts given to me by their amazing customer service
I'm
Screenshot_20190516-200803_Chrome.jpg
COB-3000W-1 (1).jpg

And here's the optic 6 charts
Screenshot_20190516-090554_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190516-090612_Chrome.jpg

In terms of spectrum their almost identical because of the chips inside them cobs etc......but your telling me the philzon doesnt have any par readings outside 2 feet? Its driving me.nuts trying to figure it out

To answer: The lenses,
Does not provide even light spread, cheap fixture= inflated numbers, copy/pasted BS spectrum's and lies about wattage/efficiency, reduced life etc etc etc.

You don't build cheap stuff that compares to quality lab tested equipment.

On the bright side it will still grow plants.

To answer: The lenses,
Does not provide even light spread, cheap fixture= inflated numbers, copy/pasted BS spectrum's and lies about wattage/efficiency, reduced life etc etc etc.

You don't build cheap stuff that compares to quality lab tested equipment.

On the bright side it will still grow plants.

Before this goes any further you are wrong on all fronts. And since u didnt actually read up on philizon and their products and hardware they use your reply is just an uniformed bunch of nonsense that only pertains to cheap blurple LEDs that cost 100bucks.

Please dont answer questions with information you know nothing about. Its misleading to people trying to learn.

1. This is a serious company which can produce serious numbers and have the same technology.
2. They have a huge research and development team. And a customer service representative online at all times to answer questions and provide many ways to get in touch with people.
3. Philizon has the exact same 90 degree lenses.
If u actually read up on each light youd realize they use the exact same cree cobs and epi led chips as optic does
(Those are what providing the spectrum and par. Not the company who makes them. The white light from the cree cobs and the spectrum from the blurple make those readings. THEY USE THE SAME HARDWARE)
4. Philizon doesnt lie about wattage, they tell you actual draw from the wall and and say what their equivalent too in hid lights based on the umols of the light (exactly like optic does)(they only call it 3000 watt so idiots will buy it because they dont do research before hand)
5.As for philizon as a company being cheap bullshit with cheap made up numbers. Their product numbers are in their webpage under each product they sell and their customer service is more than willing to help out.
They also have patents and safety listings and amazing reviews on Amazon.

Why dont u actually do some research on them before just talking nonsense. Not trying to be negative but come on man.

Here's another in depth review on the 2000 watt cree cob who actually bashes another one of their blurple.lghts but raves about the cob.

Last edited:
They are literally the same damn light. Same power draw. The optic 6 has 6x55watt cree cobs and the philizon has 6x50watt cree cobs
Philizon has more epistar double.chip LEDs on board than the optic six and their spectrum readings are almost identical for this reason.
Screenshot_20190517-132126_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190517-132157_Chrome.jpg

Don't ask a question you have the answer to then.

Epistar = quality... ok then thanks for the tip.

Cree chipsets differ they are not one and the same. Notice how the optic lists the chipset?

I answered your question like it or not.... its because then lenses

So next time find your own fucking answer cause i sure won't answer you with that attitude

Don't ask a question you have the answer to then.

Epistar = quality... ok then thanks for the tip.

Cree chipsets differ they are not one and the same. Notice how the optic lists the chipset?

I answered your question like it or not.... its because then lenses

So next time find your own fucking answer cause i sure won't answer you with that attitude
Your funny. I like you already. I can tell were going to be friends.

Epistar and bridgelux are the industry standard for high quality LED chips.

The next best is the Samsungchips they install on quantum boards.

A cree cob is a cree cob..cree is the standard for chip on board.

Unless optic uses lenses from space and philizon uses lenses from a dumpster both these lights should have almost identicle coverage. With same hardware and power.

Epistar is bottom of the barrel and does not compare to bridgelux or cree quality.

A cree cob is not a cree cob that's like saying all LED's are the same just like any other company there are different chipsets some cheaper than others for a reason.

There is countless confirmed accounts of Chinese knockoffs claiming to use cree's and using epistar instead just look around.

And yes lens quality is absolutely the reason and yes they are likely dumpster quality.

By all means it will grow plants and by all means go ahead and buy one. Its your money so don't let someone else tell you how to spend it

Well thanks for your answer.
I will ask the company which chipset they use.

At the end of the day I'll have this growing a high yielding strain called chronic widow with organic hotsoil and 6.6 ph RO tap water in a 3x3 tent.

Ill be very curious to see how this light performs.

Skip to main content
Toggle navigation
Search form
Search...

Search form
Search...

You are here
HOME / COMPANY / STRATEGIC PARTNERS
Strategic Partners

Kaistar
Kaistar is the largest shareholder of Bridgelux, and a partner for the development and manufacturing of LED packages. Kaistar has manufacturing expertise from epi to module, and is the preferred manufacturing partner of Bridgelux.
The companies also collaborate on joint R&D and product development for new package and module products across chip-on-board (COB), surface mount (SMD), and module technologies.
CEC
China Electronics Corporation (CEC) was established in 1989 and is the largest state-owned IT company in China. CEC is a multi-billion dollar manufacturer of electronics products, with operations spanning IT, consumer electronics, lighting and other categories. CEC has multiple investments in the lighting space, including Kaistar, and has facilities throughout China.
Epistar
Epistar is an investor in Kaistar, and is one of the largest LED chip manufacturers in the world, specializing in sapphire-based chip production. Epistar takes chip designs and manufactures them on behalf of Bridgelux. The strength of this ongoing partnership enables Bridgelux to quickly scale to customers’ chip demands.

Bridgelux
© 2008-2019 Bridgelux, Inc.

Their the same people. How come u always spreading misinformation dude

Skip to main content
Toggle navigation
Search form
Search...

Search form
Search...

You are here
HOME / COMPANY / STRATEGIC PARTNERS
Strategic Partners

Kaistar
Kaistar is the largest shareholder of Bridgelux, and a partner for the development and manufacturing of LED packages. Kaistar has manufacturing expertise from epi to module, and is the preferred manufacturing partner of Bridgelux.
The companies also collaborate on joint R&D and product development for new package and module products across chip-on-board (COB), surface mount (SMD), and module technologies.
CEC
China Electronics Corporation (CEC) was established in 1989 and is the largest state-owned IT company in China. CEC is a multi-billion dollar manufacturer of electronics products, with operations spanning IT, consumer electronics, lighting and other categories. CEC has multiple investments in the lighting space, including Kaistar, and has facilities throughout China.
Epistar
Epistar is an investor in Kaistar, and is one of the largest LED chip manufacturers in the world, specializing in sapphire-based chip production. Epistar takes chip designs and manufactures them on behalf of Bridgelux. The strength of this ongoing partnership enables Bridgelux to quickly scale to customers’ chip demands.

Bridgelux
© 2008-2019 Bridgelux, Inc.

Their the same people. How come u always spreading misinformation dude
Manufacturing products for someone else does not make them the same. It means Epistar is making products under the specifications Bridgelux gives them. Companies do this all the time.

Got anymore straws you want to grasp at?

"Epistar is bottom of the barrel and does not compare to bridgelux or cree quality"

Manufacturing products for someone else does not make them the same. It means Epistar is making products under the specifications Bridgelux gives them. Companies do this all the time.

Got anymore straws you want to grasp at?

My dude you literally just stated epistar is cheap garbage compared to bridgelux. If epistar is cheap garbage why would bridgelux ask them to build and design their chips.
Common sense answers that question for us

U can spin it however u want but bridgelux and epistar the same quality made by 3 different companies working together.

I have yet to see a shred of evidence, a link, anything other than your opinion that what your saying is true about other peoples technology you haven't researched.
And if you have, your certainly not presenting it in a fashion where someone can learn from it and adopt it as education for themselves and others.

My dude you literally just stated epistar is cheap garbage compared to bridgelux. If epistar is cheap garbage why would bridgelux ask them to build and design their chips.
Common sense answers that question for us

U can spin it however u want but bridgelux and epistar the same quality made by 3 different companies working together.

I have yet to see a shred of evidence, a link, anything other than your opinion that what your saying is true about other peoples technology you haven't researched.
And if you have, your certainly not presenting it in a fashion where someone can learn from it and adopt it as education for themselves and others.
You asked I answered. I owe you nothing. I stand by everything I said. Nothing to prove to you.. go buy the light I could care less. Not sure why you bothered to even post a question. Your minds made up and I answered as to why the difference. Nothing left to say here good luck

Are they driven the same way? I know bery little about led but i know they can be driven at different wattages with the same hardware. That would change par readings.

And just to say. 1000 hps will cover 5 feet square quite effectively. The specs you show is only effective to 2 feet. Not equivelent at all.

The benefit to led is to spread them out for even coverage with leas heat and power consumption.

A powerful lamp that blasts straight down and needs lenses to spread out the light is not better in any way in my opinion.

For a 4x4 i would want 4 quantum boards or 9 spread out cobs or like 6-8 strips for even coverage from my research.

And aqua man is right! Dont ask questions amd then answer back all defensive with insults. That is what doesnt help anyone here.

All defensive? I asked a question..his answer was a misinformed opinion with no research or links to back up..100% useless.

He got all mad and told me he'd never answer my questions again with my fucking attitude? (His words)
What attitude? Someone feeds me bullshit and I'm supposed to accept it with a smile and ask for more?

This is a forum to educate. Not feed peoples egos.
Research and education. That's what helps people. Not bullshit opinions with nothing to back them up.
Sorry you didnt like what I had to say but you can tell I do research extensively to make informed decisions for myself.
I didnt make any of my decisions base on someone's opinions.
I asked for an answer. Not an opinion. He literally went off about a company he knows nothing about like he grew up with them . All biased uniformed opinions. Useless
I'm not defensive because I dont let people feed me garbage.

Let's be reasonable here. People read these forums. And they want to be educated. Not thrown a biased uneducated opinion.

And you are right about chips being driven a different way. It can make ll the difference.

The philizon 3000 watt cob cree chip is a cree cxb3070 while the optic 6 uses a cree cxb2540

The only real DIFFERENCE between them Is the optic chipset has a 23mm diameter and the philizon chipset is a 19mm diameter.

Not identical but damn close. The cri index is 80 on both of them so the spectrums should be the same. 30 watt increase between the two companies led sets should not give them an extreme advantage over the other. Their basically the same damn light. Accept one costs twice as much..
Screenshot_20190517-162606_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190517-163233_Chrome.jpg

That's what an 1000wstt hps pulls
Screenshot_20190516-123901_Chrome.jpg

If optic 6 has almost identical cobs as philizon. And one uses epistar and one uses bridglux (companies who build the same chips)

And both draw the same wattage from the wall.

And both are designed the exact same

It makes no sense that optic can claim over 2 lbs per optic 6 per harvest(its on their website) but philizon is cheap garbage. It just doesnt make sense.
6 cobs vs 6 cobs that are almost identical should have damn near the exact same par readings if the crees are made by the same damn people.

I can understand a small difference. but not something as drastic as the philizon par reading chart I originally posted. That makes zero sense..and it's why I asked the question in the first place.

That's what an 1000wstt hps pullsView attachment 871021
If optic 6 has almost identical cobs as philizon. And one uses epistar and one uses bridglux (companies who build the same chips)

And both draw the same wattage from the wall.

And both are designed the exact same

It makes no sense that optic can claim over 2 lbs per optic 6 per harvest(its on their website) but philizon is cheap garbage. It just doesnt make sense. At all.
Claims are not fact... SMH.... stop twisting shit, its the same company building different chips. I never said the optic was high quality either ffs. Your issue is you are believing in claims not everything is as they claim my friend. You will find this out on your own.

Added: Both will grow plants so just buy the fucking thing already

Ask anyone here if the claims made in this ad are true... let alone reasonable.

Look at this claim by your reputable company.

• MAXIMUM ENERGY SAVING- It can replace 1600W HPS/MH and actual power is 308watt. Best hang height at 24",Core Coverage area at 42*42"(3.5*3.5ft). Maximum coverage area at 48*48"(4*4ft). It is more scientifically and energy-efficient than HPS HID and MH. It serves both herb/veg/bloom and is convinient for you.

Are they driven the same way? I know bery little about led but i know they can be driven at different wattages with the same hardware. That would change par readings.

And just to say. 1000 hps will cover 5 feet square quite effectively. The specs you show is only effective to 2 feet. Not equivelent at all.

The benefit to led is to spread them out for even coverage with leas heat and power consumption.

A powerful lamp that blasts straight down and needs lenses to spread out the light is not better in any way in my opinion.

For a 4x4 i would want 4 quantum boards or 9 spread out cobs or like 6-8 strips for even coverage from my research.

And aqua man is right! Dont ask questions amd then answer back all defensive with insults. That is what doesnt help anyone here.
Claims are not fact... SMH.... stop twisting shit, its the came company building different chips. I never said the optic was high quality either ffs.
It's not so much hate dude. You just keep saying whatever comes to mind

If you added up all the the cree cobs the epistar/bridgelux led chips from the numbers I just gave you and what power drives them you will find that their power draw from the wall is spot on to what they "CLAIM" on their site

And the chips I showed u that each board uses. IS OUR IRREFUTABLE proof that their wattage claims are true.

Last edited: