Optimal PH in Coco?

• Thread starter swisscheese
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

swisscheese

Optimal ph for growing cannabis in coco

Ok I've been running coco for 3 years now with multiple brands of nutrients including Canna, Advanced, and MB Nutes. Today when I was watching Urban Grower there was 3 videos on refurbishing coco and Remo talked about the optimal ph for coco being more around 6.0 to 6.5PH. He said the plants stayed greener and healthier. I have always ran 5.5 to 5.9 maybe touching 6 or 6.1 occasionally. What is everyone else running there ph at in coco and why? Most people run 5.8 I thought and don't get me wrong the end product is amazing but my girls need to look better on their journey to eternal dankness. I get great yields but know if my plants stayed healthier it would be that much better?

opt1c

opt1c

5.8 is optimal... you can swing from 5.5-6.0 and be fine... some coco naturally buffers ph... i guess you could feed plants side by side the diff ph mixes and see what happens... just feed a couple; add ph down; and you're done... i have a feeling the plants would look the same in your mix... although coco can buffer ph why make it is my philosophy

jkbeing

jkbeing

I still don't have a pH pen yet, so my pH is 6.2-6.8 , Everything looks good but i am getting more red stems then when I had it @ 5.8-6.0 .

K

kushsmoker30

dam what the fuck is wrong with my eyes? i didn't c even this thread.

homebrew thanks for bumping this up, look forward to learning some more.

think ima do a few 6.2-6.4 in the near future n c what happens, H&G rep swears by those ranges in flower. i'll make it a point to report my findings back on here

also is it poss for diff strains to have a diff favorite PH range?

homebrew420

homebrew420

As far as different ranges in individuals or variety specif pH range, I will say probably. As to where the sweet spot is would take time obviously. maybe landrace varieties would be more extreme, upper or lower limits of pH for plant growth. ^5 is ideal in soil. and coir can easily handle 6.5 and still be productive. Keep us informed if you do some of these trial runs Kushsmoker

Peace

K

kushsmoker30

yea thinking of tying it during flower like the rep said, clams in veg they like closer to 6.0.
H&G says allow it to swing from 5.5-6.2, but the rep claims at 6.4 they grow much better in flower. i'll come back n report during flip.

N

NG Style

Ok I've been running coco for 3 years now with multiple brands of nutrients including Canna, Advanced, and MB Nutes. Today when I was watching Urban Grower there was 3 videos on refurbishing coco and Remo talked about the optimal ph for coco being more around 6.0 to 6.5PH. He said the plants stayed greener and healthier. I have always ran 5.5 to 5.9 maybe touching 6 or 6.1 occasionally. What is everyone else running there ph at in coco and why? Most people run 5.8 I thought and don't get me wrong the end product is amazing but my girls need to look better on their journey to eternal dankness. I get great yields but know if my plants stayed healthier it would be that much better?
I have been running mines between 6.1-6.6 with no problems actually. When first broken-down the coco I actually used some Cali Mag, on every feeding I actually use some blackstrap molasses 2ml per gallon of water. I am running some genetics from Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds some 420 Carat, AK-47, White Widows and Some Green Crack... They are beautiful so green and vibrant.

I use some nutes call Flower Power Fertilizer.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I run 6 to 6.3 in coco perlite mix I found 5.5 to 5.8 to low . Happy with the result and keeping it that way .

Top Bottom