• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

5.8-6.2 all the way through..but m mainly target between 5.85 -5.95

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

5.8-6.2 all the way through..but m mainly target between 5.85 -5.95
Maybe the difference between 5.5 to 6.0 can make a big difference. I wonder how the addition of extra perlite i.e. 50/50 Coco/Perlite would effect things. For one the natural buffer of Coco would be lessened; but also it could use up nutrients more quickly....

I also add the smallest amount of MycoChum to feed my Bennies and that brings the PH down just a little more. I noticed I believe testing my run-off that the PH is either staying close to stable or lowering a little! Instead of floating up toward 6

Madmax

Madmax

Im running pretty close to 50/50 60/40 coco perlite ratio as i wanted just more drainage in 4 gals..i think the ph of coco is around 6.3..i havnt really experimented running different ph as my grows seem to b doing akay round that.but im still quite newcto it all..many growers start low 5.5 and let ph drift upwards to allow uptake of the range on nutrients availaiable through the ph range.makes sense..

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

Im running pretty close to 50/50 60/40 coco perlite ratio as i wanted just more drainage in 4 gals..i think the ph of coco is around 6.3..i havnt really experimented running different ph as my grows seem to b doing akay round that.but im still quite newcto it all..many growers start low 5.5 and let ph drift upwards to allow uptake of the range on nutrients availaiable through the ph range.makes sense..
Mine is not drifting up. It could be the Microbe Food which is acidic. I am trying to figure out if that Food is eaten up and neutralizing the low ph of the sugar? Or if it is hanging inn my 50/50 medium keeping the Ph just a tad bit low. I also have had some cooler weather and I think the Red Stem deficient look has a correlation to lower temperatures!

Top Bottom