Optimal rH level ?

• Thread starter Dizzy88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Just throwing a shot out there hoping some of the experts can help with my first grow.

am growing 2 plants in 5 gallon DWC... pretty simple set up In a 4x4 grow tent that I got in my garage

Garage is uninsulated — Temps/rH in grow tent basically mimic outdoor temps Plus or minus 3-4 degrees. When lights on/off

- have an ac infinity t-6 Inline fan exhausting 24/7 at 3 speed setting connected to charcoal filter (is this wrong to do?? )

- one of the bottom vent holes of tent slightly open for air intake.

- one mini fan blowing 24/7 slightly over the plants (Under the light ) and one oscillating fan thruout tent running light setting 24/7 .

- lights are on 18/6 and I have them cycled off from 3-9pm which is hottest part of our days because temps get 85-90 with lights on during warmest days. My humidity usually at 50-65 without any humidifier running with lights on... but I reckon at night It mimics the 70-80 outdoors.

my question is twofold

what is the optimal rH level I should be aiming to be at ? All sites have given various answers. During day here we usually at 45-60 humidity but at night we are at 70-90. Should I be running a mini dehumidifier throughout the night ?

are the sky high 85-90 temps with lights on going to hurt my plants ? Really can’t afford to run a Ac unit in the garage at the moment as still working on insulating it in near future.
Any alternatives to lowing temps in grow tent itself or will The two fans suffice ?

any help greatly appreciated

💨 keep Tokin n learning 😎

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just throwing a shot out there hoping some of the experts can help with my first grow.

am growing 2 plants in 5 gallon DWC... pretty simple set up In a 4x4 grow tent that I got in my garage

Garage is uninsulated — Temps/rH in grow tent basically mimic outdoor temps Plus or minus 3-4 degrees. When lights on/off

- have an ac infinity t-6 Online fan exhausting 24/7 at 3 speed setting connected to charcoal filter (is this wrong to do?? )

- one of the bottom vent holes of tent slightly open for air intake.

- one mini fan blowing 24/7 slightly over the plants (Under the light ) and one oscillating fan thruout tent running light setting 24/7 .

- lights are on 18/6 and I have them cycled off from 3-9pm which is hottest part of our days because temps get 85-90 with lights on during warmest days. My humidity usually at 50-65 without any humidifier running with lights on... but I reckon at night It mimics the 70-80 outdoors.

my question is twofold

what is the optimal rH level I should be aiming to be at ? All sites have given various answers. During day here we usually at 45-60 humidity but at night we are at 70-90. Should I be running a mini dehumidifier throughout the night ?

are the sky high 85-90 temps with lights on going to hurt my plants ? Really can’t afford to run a Ac unit in the garage at the moment as still working on insulating it in near future.
Any alternatives to lowing temps in grow tent itself or will The two fans suffice ?

any help greatly appreciated

💨 keep Tokin n learning 😎
This should explain it for ya. It changes throughout the grow and based on each individual grow.

Yes general guidelines will work. But this way you understand it.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

This should explain it for ya. It changes throughout the grow and based on each individual grow.

Yes general guidelines will work. But this way you understand it.
@Aqua Man ... very interesting read aqua thanks for spreading that knowledge. I am horrible at math/excel but will have to find a way to figure out that formula also need to invest in a temp gun this week for leaf temps !!

it says veg we need to aim for 0.8-1.1vpd ... for a dummy like me could u possibly tell me what rH and temp level achieves that range ???

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
@Aqua Man ... very interesting read aqua thanks for spreading that knowledge. I am horrible at math/excel but will have to find a way to figure out that formula also need to invest in a temp gun this week for leaf temps !!

it says veg we need to aim for 0.8-1.1vpd ... for a dummy like me could u possibly tell me what rH and temp level achieves that range ???

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

You may want to get one of these ==> https://pulsegrow.com/products/pulse-one

I have four and will be buying at least two more.

Happy Growing 🍻 😎

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Only thing is that doesn't take leaf temps into account

wow... not going to lie i've spent countless hours reading/studying trying to formulate plans for perfect grow room conditions/rez conditions and all that jazz (not to say its not important) but never really tuned in to the importance of LST (leaf surface temp)... yet that is arguably one of the most crucial aspects!!! 🤕🤕🤕

@AnselAdams leaf temp side... if my grow room is running 80-90f during the day with lights on... i need to boost my grow tent rH up to 75-80 to achieve my needed VPD of 0.8-1.1??? and here i am trying to get it down to 50-55 LOL

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
wow... not going to lie i've spent countless hours reading/studying trying to formulate plans for perfect grow room conditions/rez conditions and all that jazz (not to say its not important) but never really tuned in to the importance of LST (leaf surface temp)... yet that is arguably one of the most crucial aspects!!! 🤕🤕🤕

@AnselAdams leaf temp side... if my grow room is running 80-90f during the day with lights on... i need to boost my grow tent rH up to 75-80 to achieve my needed VPD of 0.8-1.1??? and here i am trying to get it down to 50-55 LOL

😎 👍 That is why we are here. Enjoy.

Happy Growing 🍻

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

😎 👍 That is why we are here. Enjoy.

Happy Growing 🍻

alot of the members on this site have been very helpful to me thus far , really appreciate it - especially Aqua... big respects to him! i am hoping to get my grow room (garage) insulated and drywalled by the winter so i can better control the ambient room temp and conditions, but until then i just got the 4x4 tent sitting in there and learning as i "grow" lol.... the conditions in garage aren't the worst...but they basically mimic the outdoor temp (more of a shed so to speak in current condition) but eventually hope to get a window or portable ac unit and connect that to the tent somehow for cool air exchange (or even a DIY "CRAC" system lol... don't wanna get too far ahead of myself though thats just from my reads on here LOL)

at the moment i'm going to order this infrared gun and hope to get to get it next 2-3 days off AMAZON so i can start capturing LST and measuring my ideal VPD target to be at. i LOVE that PULSE machine... definitely will be a investment for me once i get situated more with the grow area and eventually into a RDWC system.

is there a ideal LEAF SURFACE TEMP we should aim to be at? i was reading between 72-82 online just now...

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
alot of the members on this site have been very helpful to me thus far , really appreciate it - especially Aqua... big respects to him! i am hoping to get my grow room (garage) insulated and drywalled by the winter so i can better control the ambient room temp and conditions, but until then i just got the 4x4 tent sitting in there and learning as i "grow" lol.... the conditions in garage aren't the worst...but they basically mimic the outdoor temp (more of a shed so to speak in current condition) but eventually hope to get a window or portable ac unit and connect that to the tent somehow for cool air exchange (or even a DIY "CRAC" system lol... don't wanna get too far ahead of myself though thats just from my reads on here LOL)

at the moment i'm going to order this infrared gun and hope to get to get it next 2-3 days off AMAZON so i can start capturing LST and measuring my ideal VPD target to be at. i LOVE that PULSE machine... definitely will be a investment for me once i get situated more with the grow area and eventually into a RDWC system.

is there a ideal LEAF SURFACE TEMP we should aim to be at? i was reading between 72-82 online just now...

From what I have read; that seems like a good place to start. 😎

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just a tip on VPD it really it

Without CO2 75-77 for most ideal photosynthesis. Mine are at about 80-81 but I run 1200ppm co2

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Just a tip on VPD it really it
Without CO2 75-77 for most ideal photosynthesis. Mine are at about 80-81 but I run 1200ppm co2

LOL just dug up the ol cabinet and found the infrared thermometer used to read for fevers n all that ... LST on the plants was showing 34.1-34.3 celcius across the board which is 93 farenheight. and that is with lights off.... im way too high if we need to be at 75-77. My LED is 24 inches above the plants, should i back it up?

current conditions - 82F temp... 60 rH ... 93 LST ...

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
LOL just dug up the ol cabinet and found the infrared thermometer used to read for fevers n all that ... LST on the plants was showing 34.1-34.3 celcius across the board which is 93 farenheight. and that is with lights off.... im way too high if we need to be at 75-77. My LED is 24 inches above the plants, should i back it up?

SSSSSSSSCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEE!!!! ☠ aren't treasure hunts fun? 🍻

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What kinda lighting are you using? I can't see that temp being accurate.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Yeah that's not right... You sure it set to read surface temperature and not body temperature?

Also the IR gun should usually be anywhere from 8-14" away from the leafsI don't know what yours requires.

probably is set ready to read body temp... durrr another dummy moment of mine lol.... well i'm going to order that one off AMAZON for sure then - i seen one on at home depot, i am going to see if that one reads surface temp if it does i might just go scoop that now.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

probably is set ready to read body temp... durrr another dummy moment of mine lol.... well i'm going to order that one off AMAZON for sure then - i seen one on at home depot, i am going to see if that one reads surface temp if it does i might just go scoop that now.
@Aqua Man @AnselAdams ... off to home DEPOT... LOL the one i had was body temp, going to get this IR gun from home depot now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom