Optimal rH level ?

• Thread starter Dizzy88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizzy88

Dizzy88

10-4 . i am going to get one more timer... will set the 3rd fan on to cycle on/off with the light cycle...have one kicking around just didn't want to use it thinking it'd be overkill lol...appreciate all of the help as always AQUA. im curious to see what my reading for LST will be after lights off for 1-2 hours.

leaf surface temp around 82-83 now with only hour of lights off and water bottles put in rez... so i expect them to drop to 77-78 by next few hours like they did last night.... rH is still 50 and temp is 81 so i'm still riding way high on the VPD but thank God that doesn't matter as much when lights are off...

ppm still hovering 420-430 on each plant but pH spiked from 5.8 to 6.3 in each rez as well- i think thats because i fed them the Earth alive root inoculant last night... so going to try and bring that back down to 5.8.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

leaf surface temp around 82-83 now with only hour of lights off and water bottles put in rez... so i expect them to drop to 77-78 by next few hours like they did last night.... rH is still 50 and temp is 81 so i'm still riding way high on the VPD but thank God that doesn't matter as much when lights are off...

ppm still hovering 420-430 on each plant but pH spiked from 5.8 to 6.3 in each rez as well- i think thats because i fed them the Earth alive root inoculant last night... so going to try and bring that back down to 5.8.
You may need to add a buffer to the water to keep the ph more stable. In your case potassium silicate would be a great option because the silica will help with heat stress and provide a buffer slowing the ph drift.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

You may need to add a buffer to the water to keep the ph more stable. In your case potassium silicate would be a great option because the silica will help with heat stress and provide a buffer slowing the ph drift.

funny you mention that because i literally was reading up on preventive measures for heat/drought stress and looking up DYNAGROW PRO-TEKT was a silicate they recommended.... (we got a big heat wave coming too f***) lol... not sure if your familiar with southern ontario, but i am judging by your forum pic that your a fellow maple leafer-- but southern ontario gets dry as f*** and hot as hell in summer.... last 2 summers wasn't as bad when we grew outdoors (mind you we didn't give a EFF about quality, etc was just for fun) but indoors is whole new ball game for me and i really am investing time and energy to perfect this craft (hobby).

got any recommendations where i can source affordable potassium silicate? do i feed that for entire grow?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

funny you mention that because i literally was reading up on preventive measures for heat/drought stress and looking up DYNAGROW PRO-TEKT was a silicate they recommended.... (we got a big heat wave coming too f***) lol... not sure if your familiar with southern ontario, but i am judging by your forum pic that your a fellow maple leafer-- but southern ontario gets dry as f*** and hot as hell in summer.... last 2 summers wasn't as bad when we grew outdoors (mind you we didn't give a EFF about quality, etc was just for fun) but indoors is whole new ball game for me and i really am investing time and energy to perfect this craft (hobby).

got any recommendations where i can source affordable potassium silicate? do i feed that for entire grow?
Yup and my wife is from Toronto.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

am in essex area... about 3.5 hours south of TO... how much potassium silicate you recommend in each 5 gallon bucket?
Haven't used it in my hydro so I can't say. In my soil i use vermiculite so don't need it. What do the directions say? You will definitely use more acid when using it.

Always add silica first then ph down to about 6.2 before adding nutrients then after adding nutrients ph down to 5.6. If you are adding it to an existing res make sure you mix it and ph it down before adding to the res. It brings the ph up very high and can cause some nutrients to precipitate out of a solution because of this.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Haven't used it in my hydro so I can't say. In my soil i use vermiculite so don't need it. What do the directions say? You will definitely use more acid when using it.

Always add silica first then ph down to about 6.2 before adding nutrients then after adding nutrients ph down to 5.6. If you are adding it to an existing res make sure you mix it and ph it down before adding to the res. It brings the ph up very high and can cause some nutrients to precipitate out of a solution because of this.
Will order some up this week I think it’s a good catch too for combatting some of the heat stress I’m putting these babies thru too. Thx for the tips

side question ,do u normally carry 400-450 ppm until flowering stage ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Will order some up this week I think it’s a good catch too for combatting some of the heat stress I’m putting these babies thru too. Thx for the tips

side question ,do u normally carry 400-450 ppm until flowering stage ?
Usually hitting 500-600 from late veg to late flower

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Usually hitting 500-600 from late veg to late flower
@Aqua Man One final question for the day if u don’t mind good sir I been sounding off all day asking ??s sorry lol hard to find help...

everywhere I read says veg is 4-5 weeks on bubble gum strain indoors But I’m on day 24 of bigger plant and day 16 of 2nd plant and it doesn’t look like 4-5 weeks is anywhere near enough lol ... is veg time diff from seed ?? I’m assuming they mean 4 weeks from clone On most sites 🤔

I’m pretty sure big plant is almost ready for topping will post this next week or two sometime on here looking for advice on that. Finally cleaned the milk stains majority of it too
3ED03B4E A1F5 4A8C AD36 EF7DA12755DA
8B250E49 9BDE 4D63 8BD8 DD8DA3D98456
B928D3BA C944 4F2D 8B97 8F568B85B65C

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man One final question for the day if u don’t mind good sir I been sounding off all day asking ??s sorry lol hard to find help...

everywhere I read says veg is 4-5 weeks on bubble gum strain indoors But I’m on day 24 of bigger plant and day 16 of 2nd plant and it doesn’t look like 4-5 weeks is anywhere near enough lol ... is veg time diff from seed ?? I’m assuming they mean 4 weeks from clone On most sites 🤔

I’m pretty sure big plant is almost ready for topping will post this next week or two sometime on here looking for advice on that. Finally cleaned the milk stains majority of it tooView attachment 993380View attachment 993381View attachment 993382
Go by the plant not veg times. They are not grow specific.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In my hydro I could only veg 3 weeks... Anymore and the plants were just way to big. If you run into a couple road block you may end up 6weeks but just wait for them to get to about the size that if you double the width and height you will fill the space

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

damn - 3 weeks veg... what do you average height-wise after that??? thats insane, i seen the grow pics though they look star studded!!

im trying to find this potassium silicate now.... all canada sites are out of stock damnit

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

damn - 3 weeks veg... what do you average height-wise after that??? thats insane, i seen the grow pics though they look star studded!!

im trying to find this potassium silicate now.... all canada sites are out of stock damnit
this was my last hydro grow. Dec 1 to Jan 2. I had to through this out it got to big. The journal is on here.

IMG 20191130 032005
IMG 20200102 190610
Dizzy88

Dizzy88

In my hydro I could only veg 3 weeks... Anymore and the plants were just way to big. If you run into a couple road block you may end up 6weeks but just wait for them to get to about the size that if you double the width and height you will fill the space

seen this pic on one of your posts.. ideally this is what i want to achieve with my RDWC system in the 4x4 tent in the garage... i'm guessing REZ is outside?? it would make maintenance and everything a WHOLE LOT easier lol

Top Bottom