Optimus prime in 1st day of week 2 in flower

• Thread starter jby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jby

jby

This is my first time growing indica, I was expecting them to be short and bushy, but some of my plants are really tight and the stems are big and hard, can even bend them. Tight to the point that there won’t be any light can get into the middle. I try to trim down some big leaves but just worry to shock the plants. But I did it anyways coz no light can get through the middle. Are they supposed to be like this?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I have an indica dom who's branches are close to the main stem. You have to prune out some of the branches, not just remove leaves.

Clip out the wimpy ones and any branch that is growing toward the center of the plant, rather than growing outward. If it's still too dense a clump, clip out more branches.

To train plants that get very woody, you have to start early and use HST. However, you WILL break branches when learning how to deal with this plant. Don't freak out.

jby

jby

I have an indica dom who's branches are close to the main stem. You have to prune out some of the branches, not just remove leaves.

Clip out the wimpy ones and any branch that is growing toward the center of the plant, rather than growing outward. If it's still too dense a clump, clip out more branches.

To train plants that get very woody, you have to start early and use HST. However, you WILL break branches when learning how to deal with this plant. Don't freak out.
Is it Ok to do it in week 2 of flower? will they get shock.?

alanmac101

alanmac101

Is it Ok to do it in week 2 of flower? will they get shock.?
ive got ALL 100% indicas in just now ive only got 2 growing like yours the others are nice and small { maybe 2 foot }fat girls with loads of bud sites. i had to prune mine 2 weeks into flower i read not to prune OR trim too much off at this stage less than 40% and im now week 4 and alls well dude. mine are autos so have to be carefull the plant has time to turn it around after a little stress frm doing this youll get it friend... gd luck

jby

jby

ive got ALL 100% indicas in just now ive only got 2 growing like yours the others are nice and small { maybe 2 foot }fat girls with loads of bud sites. i had to prune mine 2 weeks into flower i read not to prune OR trim too much off at this stage less than 40% and im now week 4 and alls well dude. mine are autos so have to be carefull the plant has time to turn it around after a little stress frm doing this youll get it friend... gd luck
Do you have some pics to show?

alanmac101

alanmac101

i will in an hour or so my friend just gotta tend to animals here on the farm .. but i will on this thread.
x3 kush indicas autos.. pic on left 2 weeks into flower middle one yet to flower 3rd pic just starting to flower all from same breeder sproted same time on same feed shedule... guess what im trying to say my friend is dont worry maybe if i can say just learn from this grow and take it to the next? i hope these pics help in some way gd luck my friend.. happy growing. my camera sucks sorry about quality cant seem to grab size and spread of them on ,y ca,era best i can do again gd luck brah

Received 1023974318450765
Received 1336499816820404
Received 433277755142582
Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
I have had a Bubbas Gift (Humboldt Seeds) do something similar...Twisted around very tightly. I ended up pruning and lollipopping a TON and sadly still ended up with not as much product. Some phenotypes of indicas seem to get much more bushier. (Indicas and indica doms are all I grow) and yes, I tend to rely a lot on Sea of Green methods and lots of pruning and some Kyle Kushman Chiropractic (I am a fangirl of his techniques).
Warmly,
Jackie 🌱

Top Bottom