Options for curing large amounts of big buds?

• Thread starter JAHGYDI
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xrob415x

xrob415x

Those Petco containers are gunna be on my christmas list for sure.

L

lostnFound02

lol, any difference between the plastic petco tubs vs the jars? I have used plastic before but I found the glass jars works best for curing. Any input for those who have tired the glass and this tubs, please let me know the difference..

G

GrrowingOn

lol, any difference between the plastic petco tubs vs the jars? I have used plastic before but I found the glass jars works best for curing. Any input for those who have tired the glass and this tubs, please let me know the difference..

BUMP

I would love to know if this pet storage container for curing has any drawbacks/negatives conpared to glass jars.

TIA!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This is an old be good thread. I have been using dollar store tupperware knockoff food storage containers in gallon size. I also freeze weed in them and they are safe. Cheap and work well. I can get more in the freezer using the freezer bags, but they do serve a purpose!

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

This is an old be good thread. I have been using dollar store tupperware knockoff food storage containers in gallon size. I also freeze weed in them and they are safe. Cheap and work well. I can get more in the freezer using the freezer bags, but they do serve a purpose!
thats something ive always wondered...
how does weed keep in the freezer?

just as good once thawed?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yup, I store long term stuff in vac seal freezer bags purged with co2 and it stays fresh and awesome for over a year. Gotta be sealed up tight though.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

thats something ive always wondered...
how does weed keep in the freezer?

just as good once thawed?

Not if your weed is any good. Curing requires heat and oxygen. If your buds are already stretch mark hydro poop then doesn't really matter, whatever makes you feel better i guess but freezing high brix bud just busts the cell walls and makes it degrade instead of converting fatty acids and starches into flavors. You'll ruin your shelf life listening to bad internet hydro growers and delay curing is all.

Thats the 2 reasons hydro tests higher in thc at harvest. First because thc is a breakdown of hexanoic acid, and hydro is overly finished by chop time, curing is impossible actually. 2nd being hydro has no relative sugar/lipid content to compete with relative weight of thc therefor artificially creating a higher value on a lower quality product.

All weed is not created equal. Most people are playing make believe on the internet. You gotta smoke these kids pot before yo realise these guys probably swap genders every weekend, very deluded individuals.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Remember, that some of freeze with NO CURE..to make fresh frozen hash later ...
ie: I just froze my entire outdoor crop sans a jar of each strain to smoke.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not if your weed is any good. Curing requires heat and oxygen. If your buds are already stretch mark hydro poop then doesn't really matter, whatever makes you feel better i guess but freezing high brix bud just busts the cell walls and makes it degrade instead of converting fatty acids and starches into flavors. You'll ruin your shelf life listening to bad internet hydro growers and delay curing is all.

Thats the 2 reasons hydro tests higher in thc at harvest. First because thc is a breakdown of hexanoic acid, and hydro is overly finished by chop time, curing is impossible actually. 2nd being hydro has no relative sugar/lipid content to compete with relative weight of thc therefor artificially creating a higher value on a lower quality product.

All weed is not created equal. Most people are playing make believe on the internet. You gotta smoke these kids pot before yo realise these guys probably swap genders every weekend, very deluded individuals.

Can you point to any verifiable source of what you're talking about? How does freezing a product that has already been cured and dried down to long term storage moisture rates, degrade and become incurable by freezing exactly?

And saying all hydro is stretch mark poop is absolutely fn laughable. I've smoked some insanely good hydro bud. and I've smoked some absolute garbage organic pot too, and vice versa.

I'm sure you think we're all idiots, So I have to ask, why bother even visiting this site? You dont come off as participatory or helpful in any way. You sound condescending and disparaging in literally every damn post. Is it just to make yourself feel smarter than everyone else? Is it to stroke your own ego? Cause it sure comes across that way.

Indiva710

Indiva710

You mean DE HUMIDIFIER!!!!!

Moisture is our enemy in the drying and curing process..

I have been seeing people using humidifiers and keeping their nugs at a terrible humidity level...

Stop RUINING YOUR NUGS~!

RC

Not everyone lives in the same environment and everyone needs different things..As I live in the mountains with 10-20%rh and I have to use a HUMIDIFIER for my drying and curing room....Or else my crop would be dry in 24hr only ya fuck that.... As what works for one doesn't mean it will work for everyone else as well...Just too many variables there period....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Freezing just makes the trichomes fragile. And of course stops any drying while its frozen.

The rest of what you say is the weed grower equivalency to scientology.

Are you L. Ron Hubbard’s stoner weed smoking kid? Because you are as delusional as i imagine he would be.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Not everyone lives in the same environment and everyone needs different things..As I live in the mountains with 10-20%rh and I have to use a HUMIDIFIER for my drying and curing room....Or else my crop would be dry in 24hr only ya fuck that.... As what works for one doesn't mean it will work for everyone else as well...Just too many variables there period....
I am in the High Sierra Desert of N. Nevada and use TWO HUMIDIFIERS to get the drying closet RH UP TO 50% (and it's a struggle!)

G

GreenLeafMomma

We throw in two de hums, a fan, and are bringing in arm sized CAli outdoor. We line hang it, upside down with all the outer leaves. Then we buy totes upon totes in prep after drying is done. Drying takes about a week, or longer 10 days. It has a certain smell when it’s freshly cut… as it starts to dry it changes and when it’s all dry and in totes in changes to this sticky DANK skunk smell. I can tell by the smells which stage. I then drop 2 way humidity packs into each labeled tote. And each day i grab the weed and do about a 1 quarter turn. I leave the stem on. I feel like a placenta the flower is still pulling from the stem. It goes in green and when it’s done pulling everything off the stem, and leaves they’re dead. They have a hallow dead feel. Second generation, we do it by feel, smell, look, and in general just check your buds too dry pop the tote and run 2 de hums for 24 hours. Then cover the tote back up. You can literally smell when the buds have hit that sweet spot of curing.

Top Bottom