orangey/ brownish spots on some leaves

• Thread starter GREATWEED24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

hi there a few of my plants have started to have almost shinny like spotting around the middle of the leaves that are now quickly turning into an orangy rusty looking colour, ive noticed on one that the tips are getting very dry and curling up as well but only on the one leaf one of the worse ones.

Orangey brownish spots on some leaves
Orangey brownish spots on some leaves 2
Orangey brownish spots on some leaves 3
Orangey brownish spots on some leaves 4
Orangey brownish spots on some leaves 5
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That looks like the beginnings of a potassium issue. What and how are you feeding and watering? What's your pH?

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

im using gaia green organic slow release nutes, i think my mistake was taking too long too top dress, i toped dressed exactly a week and 3 days ago now though so it should start to kick in more soon, hoping it will help, also gave it a little cal-mag hoping that will help too, also i usually feed from 6-6.3 i grow in moslty peat moss so, i use a pro mix says its 80% peat moss

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

That looks like the beginnings of a potassium issue. What and how are you feeding and watering? What's your pH?
also i have about 28 plants growing and only 4 have it, hoping it doesnt get worse but wondering if maybe they got infected somehow, not really sure at all

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

also from what i read promix since its mostly peat moss its a "soilless medium" and they say i should water with ph 6-6.5 for soilless mediums
Thats a very technical point whether it is soiless or not.
6.4-6.6 for all soil.

You are currently feeding 7-4-6 on your plants.
That's not out of range.
Fix your pH and lets see what happens.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Agreed
im using gaia green organic slow release nutes, i think my mistake was taking too long too top dress, i toped dressed exactly a week and 3 days ago now though so it should start to kick in more soon, hoping it will help, also gave it a little cal-mag hoping that will help too, also i usually feed from 6-6.3 i grow in moslty peat moss so, i use a pro mix says its 80% peat moss
You left out what your water source is. Are you using RO or tap or well water? Do you have hard water?

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

Agreed

You left out what your water source is. Are you using RO or tap or well water? Do you have hard water?
im using tap water, i have a big tub on water that i let dechlorinate, and also have a oxygen pump in there as well, its been good enough until now so hoping thats not a issue as well, i was thinking its some type of nutrient deff or rust from fungal infection so the fact that you both thinks its potassium then thats really good seems we might know the issue so hopefully once the nutes settle in and i make sure my ph is good things will get back to normal here, also im not very sure wat hard water is ive heard the term before but not so sure.

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

Thats a very technical point whether it is soiless or not.
6.4-6.6 for all soil.

You are currently feeding 7-4-6 on your plants.
That's not out of range.
Fix your pH and lets see what happens.
okay so just up the ph a little higher when im feeding and let the slow release nutes do their job and hopefully things get back to normal that would be nice

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

okay so just up the ph a little higher when im feeding and let the slow release nutes do their job and hopefully things get back to normal that would be nice
Yup. Do the easy simple first. Adjust pH and see what happens. You have time, you're in soil.

Top Bottom