Order of mixing nutes

• Thread starter mc_lazy_is
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mc_lazy_is

So i realized alot of the nutes and additives raise and lower PH. I was just wondering if there was a certain order the nutes should be mixed? Im also concerned with beneificial bacterias being killed by other nutes or additives. Ive heard that ph up or ph down (dont remember which one) kills beneficial bacteria. Just wanted to make sure before i start wasting my nutes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, pH adjusters won't kill your bennies unless you're adding them on top of a fresh mix with lives, then you could kill them.

I have no idea how others do it, but I always adjust pH first. Then, if using it, I add Cal-Mag and mix well (I always mix well after each addition).

If I'm using things like kelp extract, fish emulsion (I use a dry hydrolyzed product), molasses/barley extract, and humic/fulvic acids, then I mix those together to then be mixed into the main batch. If I'm using any chemical salt ferts, I will first mix up my humic/fulvic, add that to the main batch, then add the chemical salt fertilizer.

Everything is temped to a minimum of 65F, I prefer it in the low 70s.

S

SkyHi

Always start with the micro nitrients, then other base nutrients and supliments. Some cal/mg should be added last after ph'ing cuz they cause a lower ph reading that will equalize over a few days.....

E

edux10

i alway thought (and read): add you cal/mg, add you supplements, then add your food, ph and your good to go, if you are not using it right away use an airstone.

M

mc_lazy_is

My mixes are used right away, I have a soil grow that needs watering every 3-4 days so i mix a fresh batch every watering. I just want to make sure i can use PH up or down after ive mixed all my nutes together and balance out the PH at the end.

N

nog

i use micro first then main stuff then phosphoric acid last, i ajust the ph about at least 24 hours after i have made up the tank, coz my micro drops the ph over a couple of days so you need to wait to see how much the nutes have dropped the ph first. like sky high said.
there is a reason why manufacturers of nutes do them in different containers, you know add so much A and so much B etc, its because the chemicals in the different nutes can react with each other at full undiluted strength, so if they were all in one bottle, stuff would precipitate out of solution, and other bad shit and the nutes would be no good.

true grit

true grit

For soil I have no particular order. In hydro I could see it being stepped, as many nutes require it that way.

In soil I just mix em up. Let em sit for a while (if time) to let any ph buffer wear off, then I ph up to 6.2-6.4. I found the 5.8-6.0 range for me a bit low and missed out some calmag I believe. So been running at 6.2-6.3, helped a little, especially when I added more calmag.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not sure that I was clear in my previous post about how I do things. I should have been more clear that I treat *organic* fertilizers (and I'm talking about raw compounds, worm castings, guanos, plants, kelps, fish products, other manures, etc.) differently than how I treat *chemical salt* fertilizers.

I think the biggest thing to remember is that when mixing (most) organics, you can do things in any order, and (most) can safely be pre-mixed directly, or mixed in a higher solution for watering down on location. In this case I'm talking about things like worm castings, alfalfa, plants used for teas, guanos, manures, kelps, etc.

Chemical salt fertilizers do not always afford you this luxury.

Jimmynitz

Jimmynitz

Pisces Genetics
Here is my order for my current hydro setup:

1st..silica. I mix it and let it sit for 15-30min.
2nd calmag-type nutes, or A of a two part deal like gh micro.
3rd..everything else besides beneficial bacteria. This is bloom nutes, additives, and ph up/down.
4th..Bacteria and fungi. I use Great White at 3/4 strength every 3 wks up until week 3 of flower, and FloraBlend every res changeout.
The reason why I add the silica 1st and let it sit is because if it is added after the other nutes it falls out of the solution. Same with calmag/micro, but it seems to be worse with the silica. When I used to add the silica after other nutes, I would always see the tell-tale white cloud in my water from it reacting and falling out of the solution. I don't have that problem now with my current method.

Gduptreedup

Gduptreedup

For soil I have no particular order. In hydro I could see it being stepped, as many nutes require it that way.

In soil I just mix em up. Let em sit for a while (if time) to let any ph buffer wear off, then I ph up to 6.2-6.4. I found the 5.8-6.0 range for me a bit low and missed out some calmag I believe. So been running at 6.2-6.3, helped a little, especially when I added more calmag.
Hey I have a single dwc that I started with a bud clipping. Monster Cropping. It was great at the start now it looks sad . Droopy can you help me if you have experience with dwc in rockwool

Latest posts

Top Bottom