• Thread starter motherlode
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
By Noelle Crombie

The Oregon Department of Agriculture on Friday temporarily removed a popular pesticide from its list of chemicals cannabis growers may use on their crop.

Rodger Voelker, a chemist with OG Analytical, a marijuana testing lab in Eugene, said he recently noticed that abamectin, a common insecticide, had turned up in a handful of cannabis samples submitted by growers who said they grew organically. One mentioned he used only Guardian Mite Spray. Voelker asked for a sample of the mite spray, tested it and detected abamectin, an active ingredient not listed on the product label.

Voelker alerted agriculture officials about his results on Thursday since the mite spray is included on the state's newly released list of pesticides growers may be able to use on their plants. The product is marketed as an all natural pesticide containing products like cinnamon oil and lemon grass oil.

The state on Friday issued a bulletin "out of an abundance of caution" alerting cannabis growers to a potential labeling problem with the mite spray and advising them not to use the product and retailers not to sell it "until further notice."

Bruce Pokarney, a spokesman for the agency, said state officials alerted the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, which regulates pesticides, about the product.

Pokarney said the state on Friday bought the product from a Portland grow shop and will attempt to test it to see if it contains active ingredients not listed on the label.

"This is essentially a routine sample and testing protocol that we use in the course of a pesticide investigation," he said in an email to The Oregonian/OregonLive.

A man identifying himself as an owner of the Illinois-based company that makes the product said it contains ivermectin, a chemical similar to abamectin. Ivermectin is not listed on the product label as required.

The man said he did not realize the product label had to include all active ingredients. He said the product has been on the market for about a year.

"We weren't trying to pull anything," he said. "We put it in there, and it wasn't on the label and that's our fault."

Neil Bernstein, who owns Roots Garden Supply, a North Portland grow shop that serves cannabis growers, said the product was very popular among growers for its effectiveness against mites.

"This product became wildly popular because it was more effective than a harsh chemical," he said.

Bernstein said he removed the product from his shelves on Friday.

-- Noelle Crombie

http://www.oregonlive.com/marijuana/index.ssf/2016/01/oregon_flags_potential_problem.html

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A man identifying himself as an owner of the Illinois-based company that makes the product said it contains ivermectin, a chemical similar to abamectin. Ivermectin is not listed on the product label as required.

The man said he did not realize the product label had to include all active ingredients. He said the product has been on the market for about a year.
Fucking IVERMECTIN?? That's a dewormer, a good one. I've never used it, to the best of my knowledge it is *not* labeled as organic, it's only labeled "natural" which does not mean SHIT.

He didn't realize, MY ASS.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Fucking IVERMECTIN?? That's a dewormer, a good one. I've never used it, to the best of my knowledge it is *not* labeled as organic, it's only labeled "natural" which does not mean SHIT.

He didn't realize, MY ASS.

yeah sea - Im not buying the its just ivermectin and I didnt know I had to put every active ingredient on the label

thats complete bullshit when you consider its being sold as organic and Ivermectin (22,23-dihydroavermectin B + 22,23-dihydroavermectin B) clearly isnt

and exactly ivermectin is a dewormer and I think topical for mange and lice on livestock and is not used as a pesticide for plants

saw a screenshot of the report on Ig where the chemist said it contained 13x the recommended amount of abermectin - so clearly this asshat is no rocket scientist

Soil Watch

Soil Watch

yeah sea - Im not buying the its just ivermectin and I didnt know I had to put every active ingredient on the label

thats complete bullshit when you consider its being sold as organic and Ivermectin (22,23-dihydroavermectin B + 22,23-dihydroavermectin B) clearly isnt

and exactly ivermectin is a dewormer and I think topical for mange and lice on livestock and is not used as a pesticide for plants

saw a screenshot of the report on Ig where the chemist said it contained 13x the recommended amount of abermectin - so clearly this asshat is no rocket scientist

I did some calling to a couple labs on this also: appears the active is ABAMECTIN, a common pesticide used in products such as AVID

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

Maybe not a rocket scientist, but for sure a pure D bullshit artist.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I did some calling to a couple labs on this also: appears the active is ABAMECTIN, a common pesticide used in products such as AVID

yes thats what the lab said it found - only the owner of gaurdian is claiming in was ivermectin

Maybe not a rocket scientist, but for sure a pure D bullshit artist.

that dude better be in hiding - lol

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Posted about this the other day. Apparently he and the owner of NFTG both knew abamectin was in it......yet passed it off as organic.

You should see all the shit being talked in the Probiotic forum on Facebook.........people are PISSED!

I guess the msds said you should suit up to spray it (should have been the first clue) but many people assumed it was all natural and didnt even read the msds let alone follow it

now somebody on IG is saying that when mixed the guardian had 14x the recommended application rate of abemectin in it and on top of that people were using it a week before harvest

wouldnt bother me if that guy got a beat down he didnt walk away from

makes you wonder how many failed emerald cup entries where from this product or another doing the same unscrupulous shit

B

barefoot

damn ugly...........common usage for heartworms/dogs........

one can only imagine whats on the food ya eat.......................especially from other countries...........

ganj on.........

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
On one hand, I feel their pain (of people who used it). On the other, I've been doing my damnedest to try to educate folks on legal issues surrounding labeling and terminology. If the manu of Guardian labeled it organic, they're in for a huge suit, possibly on a federal level (all of this is ultimately controlled by the NOP, National Organic Program). If they used the word 'natural' then the people who bought into it are the same folks who think a "natural" chicken means anything. They've got to learn better than that.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

I guess the msds said you should suit up to spray it (should have been the first clue)
now somebody on IG is saying that when mixed the guardian had 14x the recommended application rate of abemectin in it

Wouldn't that level burn the plants?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I saw some posts of a convo this Tom-cat had with someone else in one of my groups, and it ain't nice. What a MESS!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I've spoken with the owner's of Guardian in the past and even tested the product, it works very well. The roomers that are flying around are just ridiculous... 14x recommended dose of Abamectin? No way. I sprayed this product religiously as part of my IPM without respirators or eye protection, I'm a little annoyed about that bit, but lesson learned. I'm not going to stop using it, just simply adjust how and when I do. The other thing that is unclear is whether or not it is specifically Ivermectin or Abamectin that was found, definitely a difference between the two.

The bit about Scott from Nectar knowing about this and dispensing it in his sample boxes anyways, is absolute bullshit. Scott is a pioneer in the Industry and has only brought sheer quality to grower's.

Think twice about spreading hearsay on public forums just to add your two cents or repeat something said on Instagram (of all places).

Lastly, Streptomyces avermitilus when fermented (To create the Macrocyclic Lactones family including Ivermectin, Abamectin and Avermectin) will produce a yeast-like Bacteria. There are a variety of other pesticides that are sold in retail stores that claim to use an un-specified Enzyme to do the trick and I'm sure those will be tested now.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
seriously dude if it works on broad/russets and cyclamen mites there is a reason bc an essential oil just isnt effective on these critters and neither is ivermectin - period

dude took his website and facebook down and took his profile off linkedin

if there was nothing to hide why would he do that?

but maybe you can do your own research and get back to us

12438987_947960168584599_7201232054645627326_n.jpg

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

seriously dude if it works on broad/russets and cyclamen mites there is a reason bc an essential oil just isnt effective on these critters and neither is ivermectin - period

dude took his website and facebook down and took his profile off linkedin

if there was nothing to hide why would he do that?

but maybe you can do your own research and get back to us

12438987_947960168584599_7201232054645627326_n.jpg
Damn, I was hoping that would indicate which Mectin was found.

Ya, I'm sure the two owners have consulted Attorneys and are preparing for the worst.

R

rascali

I've spoken with the owner's of Guardian in the past and even tested the product, it works very well. The roomers that are flying around are just ridiculous... 14x recommended dose of Abamectin? No way. I sprayed this product religiously as part of my IPM without respirators or eye protection, I'm a little annoyed about that bit, but lesson learned. I'm not going to stop using it, just simply adjust how and when I do. The other thing that is unclear is whether or not it is specifically Ivermectin or Abamectin that was found, definitely a difference between the two.

yes, and thank you very much for reaffirming my ironclad policy of never ever, ever, smoking someone else's bud..
but on a lighter note, you ass-licking moron - just because this utter scumbag of a human being deigned to speak with you and fluff up your cred by declaring you a " tester", you're going to carry him and your patients to the grave? i would question your intellectual and moral credibility, but since you have neither, i'll avoid that brick wall...:)

Top Bottom