Oregon seed company lawsuit

• Thread starter DeJaVu Seeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OjoDeMalo

OjoDeMalo

I herd they were selling Hemp seed that was supposed to have less than the .3 THC. But in reality they were what ever seeds which were way too hot. Really screwed over a bunch of people for a lot of money.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
CBD farmers are about to get a huge shocker, at least in Canada. There is a company here who just recently contracted with existing hemp farmers who grow for grain and fiber, and licensed a machine that follows regular hemp seed combines around in the field and collects the chaff as it comes out the back of the seed processor. They're extracting CBD from the hemp chaff and producing extremely pure extracts for literally pennies per pound, and that's including extracting and short path distilling. It's basically the cost of diesel to run the machine and employee wages. That's it.

Previously hemp farmers just dumped the chaff back onto the field to compost.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I just find it really weird being there is certified hemp seed and ofc clones. Kind of avoids all of this. Before you jump on me about "but you don't use clones in a large....." I know. Unless the story is it was certified and supposed to be feminized? I guess.....

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

I am in Tennessee. Kentucky and Tennessee both have CBD hemp programs now. This story is about the State of Kentucky, and their policy of controlling the source of the seeds. In Tennessee, we are allowed to source our own seeds.

The seed supplier in Oregon sold 6,000,000 supposedly 'feminized' seeds to the State of Kentucky, who then distributed those seeds to the farmers in the state.

Things like this always happen when the government tries to control an industry.

I feel bad for all those farmers.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
So this was the state of Kentucky? I guess they got conned with hopes and promises. Doesn't surprise me with all the money getting thrown around in that industry and new people in the game. Ripe landscape for frauds that see $ signs. Even Fems will throw males. Anyone know what the actual ratio was? Was it like a blatant con or a mixup/bad batch. HAHA looks like untested pollen chunking even makes it into the CBD game.

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

So this was the state of Kentucky? I guess they got conned with hopes and promises. Doesn't surprise me with all the money getting thrown around in that industry and new people in the game. Ripe landscape for frauds that see $ signs. Even Fems will throw males. Anyone know what the actual ratio was? Was it like a blatant con or a mixup/bad batch. HAHA looks like untested pollen chunking even makes it into the CBD game.
The rumors we are hearing locally are as follows:

The male to female ratio was about 50/50. Typical of regular seeds.

The seeds were inconsistent on THC percentages. Most were less than 0.3% and qualified as 'hemp', but about one out of five tested were clearly high THC, in the 15% THC range.

The remaining seeds in Kentucky's leftover stock from that purchase are a mixed bag. Some large, some small, striped, spotted, black, brown.

These are only rumors, but farmers tend to be pretty honest people. I believe the rumors are true.

My guess, is that seed company saw an opportunity to get $1 per seed for their mislabeled, spilled on the floor, accidentally pollinated, surplus bulk seeds...and they seized the opportunity.

Bastards

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Lol, first mistake they bought seeds from a crack head in troutdale. Troutdale is the pit of the gorge. It is a suburb on the east side of Portland with lots of methlabs and the the crackheads that come with it. Would of had more luck buying seeds from the dude in forest grove that blew his garage up while his wife and kids were eating dinner in the house. He was having a hard time with his butane bottles makin hash, lol.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yeah I just find it weird since they have a certified hemp seed vendor right there in Lexington. Must be looking for that cheaper price and a deal too good to be true.

Sucks they are the ones taking it in the ass. Sounds like TN is like here in CO where you can source your own seeds and arent nailed down to a gov dist.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

Latest posts

Top Bottom