Oregun Hemp season 2022 Do It Or Die!!

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Need more horsepower? Or a manifold with more stations?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Need more horsepower? Or a manifold with more stations?
Have a lot of iron bacteria buildup down in my well and I need to shock it - but my control box was on it's last leg, constantly resetting. Probably just needed a new start capacitor and relay, but for the cost of just those 2 parts I got a brand new box by Franklin Electric with a 3 year warranty. Should be good to go now.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Alright, let’s do this again😵‍💫🤯👀
7AC31A18 6BCA 41D8 A518 85D587FB1AB5

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Have a lot of iron bacteria buildup down in my well and I need to shock it - but my control box was on it's last leg, constantly resetting. Probably just needed a new start capacitor and relay, but for the cost of just those 2 parts I got a brand new box by Franklin Electric with a 3 year warranty. Should be good to go now.
Yeah mine went South and I bought a new box also but just used the front panel with the capacitor and relay and plug it into the old wiring and it worked like a charm. Didn’t even have to unhook the wiring. Can’t remember what the box cost but it wasn’t that bad maybe 70 or 80 bucks. Just make sure you discharge your old capacitor. I hear they can give you a pretty good jolt!

chemistry

chemistry

Looking good 1D1, look to have a better start this year. 👍

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

a fucking FBI background check just to grow some fuckin hemp?

and 550k for the license?

or 550$
That’s nothing. When I did it in Oregon it was like $1200.00 for a grower registration and $1200 for a handler registration. And I couldn’t give the hemp away. And it was choice hemp. Best looking plants around.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
a fucking FBI background check just to grow some fuckin hemp?

and 550k for the license?

or 550$
2018 farm bill, feds required fingerprints and also if you had a felony in the last 3 years your not allowed a hemp license.
$550 for the license, then $200 for fees and another $75 per person on the license submittal.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
2018 farm bill, feds required fingerprints and also if you had a felony in the last 3 years your not allowed a hemp license.
$550 for the license, then $200 for fees and another $75 per person on the license submittal.

Here in CO if you had a drug related felony in the last 10 years you are ineligible to grow hemp.

SO yeah, 65 bucks for the fee to get fingerprinted and have an FBI background check done
550 for the license base fee plus 5 dollars an acre outdoor and $0.003 per sq. foot indoor registration fees.

Then you have to get a Farm Number from the Farm Service Agency which is a whole 'nother can of worms.

You have to report to both your state Department of Agriculture and Farm Service Agency when you plant and harvest.

You have to make reports to your Dept. of Ag. every time you move a plant, take a cutting (clone), plant a seed, or harvest.

You have to find an approved sampler to come take cuttings from your plants before you can harvest, the cuttings must be tested by a DEA approved lab before you can harvest (and pass the ridiculous %0.30 THC threshold) (Oh and pay for the sampling and testing, of course, usually to the tune of 100+ dollars)

Then you can think about selling it.

Yeah, so much red tape and bullshit - it's a wonder ANYONE bothers to grow hemp right now. The way I figure it, if we can get past the bullshit, it's still early enough for "ma and pa" small businesses to get in at the ground level before the corporations take it over.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Here in CO if you had a drug related felony in the last 10 years you are ineligible to grow hemp.

SO yeah, 65 bucks for the fee to get fingerprinted and have an FBI background check done
550 for the license base fee plus 5 dollars an acre outdoor and $0.003 per sq. foot indoor registration fees.

Then you have to get a Farm Number from the Farm Service Agency which is a whole 'nother can of worms.

You have to report to both your state Department of Agriculture and Farm Service Agency when you plant and harvest.

You have to make reports to your Dept. of Ag. every time you move a plant, take a cutting (clone), plant a seed, or harvest.

You have to find an approved sampler to come take cuttings from your plants before you can harvest, the cuttings must be tested by a DEA approved lab before you can harvest (and pass the ridiculous %0.30 THC threshold) (Oh and pay for the sampling and testing, of course, usually to the tune of 100+ dollars)

Then you can think about selling it.

Yeah, so much red tape and bullshit - it's a wonder ANYONE bothers to grow hemp right now. The way I figure it, if we can get past the bullshit, it's still early enough for "ma and pa" small businesses to get in at the ground level before the corporations take it over.
Here in Fla after the background check which you pay for , the actual permit is free ! That’s right hemp license in Florida for free

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Here in Fla after the background check which you pay for , the actual permit is free ! That’s right hemp license in Florida for free
They are super restrictive on the strains you can grow there though aren't they? That's what I've read, anyway.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Do those CBG plants produce legal hemp THC numbers? One of the main reasons I quit hemp was because it was so freakin hard to get to that total THC limit(In Oregon). I had to burn my whole crop because it was over 2/10 of one percent. So stupid. I had to harvest all the buds early on the second crop to make it legal. And no one wants to buy small non ripe buds. I guess in hind sight trying to sell weed that doesn't get you stoned is not the best business idea. It sounds like you are just doing it for medicine eh? I remember when those CBG plants first came out they claimed that they were THC free. Is that true?

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Do those CBG plants produce legal hemp THC numbers? One of the main reasons I quit hemp was because it was so freakin hard to get to that total THC limit(In Oregon). I had to burn my whole crop because it was over 2/10 of one percent. So stupid. I had to harvest all the buds early on the second crop to make it legal. And no one wants to buy small non ripe buds. I guess in hind sight trying to sell weed that doesn't get you stoned is not the best business idea. It sounds like you are just doing it for medicine eh? I remember when those CBG plants first came out they claimed that they were THC free. Is that true?
Not THC free but about as close as it gets, that I've seen so far.

Believe me I understand. We had to destroy our crop last year for testing 12 hundredths of a percent over the legal THC limit (limit %0.30 (+/- 0.10)) we tested hot at %0.42 THC

I guess we'll see what happens with this strain.
WCBGCoA

To top it all off now the Feds are trying to go after products that contain more than 0.30 THC. As we all know THC only increases after harvesting so this is making life very difficult for a lot of CBD/CBG businesses.

If they would only raise the legal limit to %1.0 the American hemp industry would actually have a decent chance at competing on the world market. Time will tell..

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Not THC free but about as close as it gets, that I've seen so far.

Believe me I understand. We had to destroy our crop last year for testing 12 hundredths of a percent over the legal THC limit (limit %0.30 (+/- 0.10)) we tested hot at %0.42 THC

I guess we'll see what happens with this strain.
View attachment 1258703

To top it all off now the Feds are trying to go after products that contain more than 0.30 THC. As we all know THC only increases after harvesting so this is making life very difficult for a lot of CBD/CBG businesses.

If they would only raise the legal limit to %1.0 the American hemp industry would actually have a decent chance at competing on the world market. Time will tell..
Wow that sucks. I agree 1% THC is the only way to move forward. I just quit my hemp business because of all the red tape.

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
Wow that sucks. I agree 1% THC is the only way to move forward. I just quit my hemp business because of all the red tape.

Yeah a lot of things need to change in order for the hemp industry to thrive - but unfortunately there's still a lot of folks out there convinced it's the "devils lettuce" and do not understand the concept that even at 1% THC you'd have to smoke like 3 pounds just to get a headache, and still not get stoned 🤣

We are only sticking in it because I firmly believe I can make something out of it, if I just keep trying. I truly believe in hemp, all the way around, from smokable flower, to building materials, fuel, fiber, grain, fabric, etc. So many things this plant can accomplish. It even sequesters much, much more CO2 per hectare than even the densest rainforests. I'm not a tree-hugger per-se, but to me that sounds like a simple solution to so many of the world's problems these days.

All we can do is keep putting our nose to the grindstone and keep participating in every Hemp Advisory Committee meeting, keeping on top of the industry and the laws/rules surrounding it, and advocating for hemp in every way possible. There's a lot of people who don't want to see hemp succeed, like the oil companies, big pharma, the list could go on forever. It's not going to be easy, but I believe in the end we will start to see a lot less regulation on hemp. It's going to take years, maybe decades, but it will happen.

Top Bottom