organic coco?

• Thread starter lovelightpower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lovelightpower

at the moment i use bio-bizz nutes. in canna pro-plus soil.

i was using bio-bizz with coco, worm castings, perlite, vermiculite and pebbles at the bottom for drainage.

what made me swap was experimentation and the ph, everyone who uses coco seems to be on ph5.8 but soil is ph6.4.

i didn't know if this is because in coco usually people use chem nutes, which is feeding refined minerals directly into the roots. where as in soil and growing organicly the bacteria and fungi (the micro-herd) process the organic food into usable nutrients for the plant, i thought that maybe this occured at an optimum when the ph is 6.4.

my question is if i swapped back to my old mix (which i am considering) or tried using straight coco, what ph should i be feeding my beautys at?

S

sativablast

Id say it depends on your nutes.
Im using coco/perlite mixed 50/50 and am using sensi 2 part nutes cause ima naughty boy and dont wanna spend $ wen i got these nutes on hand, and they say 2 use PH 5.6 so id go with wat nutes suggest 2 set PH at.

L

lovelightpower

cheers sativablast.

anyone else got any suggestions?

Solidopc

Solidopc

It's a complicated one. If you have worm castings in the mix, and are using soil nutes, and perhaps even adding something like canna trichoderma to boost the micro-herd in the medium, it seems more like a soil grow that a coco one, so i don't know which i'd use.

I'd probably go with 5.8, as thats what i use with coco/perlite to great affect now, but i'd be prepared to change it and go up if i thought it wasn't working.

If i was you though, i'd drop that completly and grow on soil using biobizz nutes, or biocanna nutes, and grow in coco/perlite with canna coco a+b. It's what i do now. And i have to admit, i think the coco buds taste just as good as the soil.

There's also GH Bio-Sevia that can be used on coco and is organic, ph on that would be 5.8 i guess. With biobizz the mix needs to be borken down by the bacteria in the medium, and i'm not sure what ph that happens best at.

Would really recommened the canna coco nutes for coco though. Have you tried them before and not liked? I do like to have a few soil plants going too. Infact all my next lot of plants to go into flower are soil. But i enjoy the extra yield from coco, and the smoke stands up with the soil easily in my opinion. Just make sure the medium is flished well.

C

chalicedoctor

my recomendation would be botanicare pure blend pro, I use it , and no other organic growers that do as well. They have a coco/soil mix that I use. If you really like soil try a 50-50 soil-coco mix.
good luck
-chalice

Top Bottom