Organic Soil: First Grow something growing in soil other than seedling

• Thread starter Urameshi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Urameshi

Urameshi

Starting my 2nd grow ever, my first was in coco (fox farm cultivation nation 70/30) which is a great medium but wanted to try organics just to test if I can pull the same thing as my other grows (I’m in business with growing just never did the actual garden work until now)

my mix is Mother Earth coco peat that has a bunch of nutes mixed with brut super soil and 2.5 cups of coots organics from Kis and 1 cup blended malted barley

everything’s been going smoothly so far as I was worried my soil was too hot (currently it’s still cooking in a 33 gallon tote on my balcony that I mix and recharge once a week)

can anyone tell me what’s growing in here? I thought it was like cover crop but I never planted them so maybe there was something in the soil already :/ I’ve had mycelium growing already so I know the soil is alive and thriving but what’s this???

Urameshi

Urameshi

And is this a decent mix for an organic run?

the coco peat is 1.5 cu
The brut super soil is 30 LBs and then the additional coots/kiss nutes and min

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I am sorry for taking so long to answer.

I do not like coco mixed in soil, mostly for one reason. It eats (absorbs) magnesium. This creates a deficiency.

So far, I have been using Fox arms Ocean Forest, but I'm going to change to Roots Organic LUSH.
It is created as a living soil already and has most all of the MBE's you will need.

Urameshi

Urameshi

hey thanks for the reply! There are 2 weeds growing in separate pots, like a cover crop but I never planted anything else but the mj so I dont know what they are but probably hard to tell that young, they now have 3 leaves

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

hey thanks for the reply! There are 2 weeds growing in separate pots, like a cover crop but I never planted anything else but the mj so I dont know what they are but probably hard to tell that young, they now have 3 leaves
There is no way to tell what it is. When it gets bigger, you will be able to tell if it's an indica or sativa.

Urameshi

Urameshi

There is no way to tell what it is. When it gets bigger, you will be able to tell if it's an indica or sativa.
Lol not the seedling brodie it’s already sprouted working on nodes, in the don lemon glue pot there’s something else growing in the pot like a cover crop but I never planted cover crops so it’s a random “weed” growing along with the lemon glue

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It looks like a blade of grass, but it's not. It could be anything that the garden center sells where you got your supplies.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yank it out. It will take food from the other one.
If you have an extra pot, it might be worth growing it out to see what it is.

Top Bottom