Organic Soil 'flushing'

• Thread starter john martin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuantumGen

QuantumGen

My apologies i should have gone into more detail, currently i'm doing coco grows .
The process i am trying to harness is a sugar sink. By feeding only water the last 14 days= the plant uses all the nutrients in the roots and begins to pull all the nutrients in the plants to "sink" area's. In essence the plant thinks it's dying, pumps all it's got from the roots,leaves,stems to the important area's (seed production/flowers). You also get the "fall colors" affect to the leaves, and buds (if it's got the genes)
http://www.sparknotes.com/biology/plants/essentialprocesses/section2.rhtml

QuantumGen

QuantumGen

Yes indeed. This is parallel, so to speak, with what I believe is best to induce a Good finish. Except I don't use pure water. I use seaweed and molasses. I usually water 3 times a day but knock it back to once a day, at the beginning of the day, for a week. Then let media dry (2days) then water once more(it's morning) and wait til next morning to harvest. Bud harvested right after sleep is always the best. Definitely causes some induced senescence. I think that it burns on the mobile nutrient in the plant, catabolizing itself in a way that forces the food and energy left elsewhere in the plant, in the direction of reproduction, to pass the genes along. I believe it makes them more potent as well. Some people like plants early, I like 'em late. Bout a week.

Last edited:
O

Ogeekush1

So, I grow in organic soil with organic nutes, yadda yadda ...

I have in the past tried many different flushing methods...

Some of the best smoke in my area comes from people that run 15 gallons of water through a 3 gallon pot all at once, and this is done 14 days before chop, then nothing but water is given.

With that said, I have recently had the valuable opportunity of hiring the guy who grew the absolute TASTIEST sour diesel I have ever had in my life hands down to come consult for me, and his advice to me on flushing was:

"2.5 weeks before chop, give them nothing but water, and have extremely minimal runoff."

Well, I have done my previous mentioned method 3 weeks before chop, 2 weeks before chop, 1 week before chop, tried flushing agents, etc., but I have always ran extra water through the medium in an effort to 'flush' the soil out.

I am thinking that the method he recommended to me may be more effective at flushing, because it doesn't wash out all the beneficial life out of the soil. I think in organic soil, with organic nutes that when you 'flush' as my previous method mentioned, you are washing out all the bacteria, but the soil is still left with tons of food that slowly, but surely remains breaking down.

I am thinking that with his 2.5 week pure water, no runoff method, that it stops adding new things to be broken down, but at the same time allows the beneficial bacteria in the soil to break down and use up what remains in the soil, so that by harvest time there is not much left.

I also am thinking that some sort of process occurs with this method that allows some process to occur in the soil that converts to the buds being much tastier.

I am sure there is a lot more to it than this, but with the quality of this guy's smoke (I mean 1 in 1,000, that GOOD... so good a penny pincher would HAPPILY pay an extra 100$ an ounce for just to have to smoke), there has to be something to his method.

This guy's smoke doesn't burn white like my friends who do a runoff flush, but it has a clean grey ash, tastes soooo smooth and sooooo amazing.

So, with that said, I would appreciate ANY feedback on all of this, and would also like to hear how any of you organic soil growers flush for maximum taste and for maximum smoothness.

Flaaaavaaaa Flaaaaaaav LOL
Hey having the same issue wondering if you figured out the problem?

O

Ogeekush1

Some of the best smoke in my area comes from people that run 15 gallons of water through a 3 gallon pot all at once, and this is done 14 days before chop, then nothing but water is given.

With that said, I have recently had the valuable opportunity of hiring the guy who grew the absolute TASTIEST sour diesel I have ever had in my life hands down to come consult for me, and his advice to me on flushing was:

"2.5 weeks before chop, give them nothing but water, and have extremely minimal runoff."

Well, I have done my previous mentioned method 3 weeks before chop, 2 weeks before chop, 1 week before chop, tried flushing agents, etc., but I have always ran extra water through the medium in an effort to 'flush' the soil out.

I am thinking that the method he recommended to me may be more effective at flushing, because it doesn't wash out all the beneficial life out of the soil. I think in organic soil, with organic nutes that when you 'flush' as my previous method mentioned, you are washing out all the bacteria, but the soil is still left with tons of food that slowly, but surely remains breaking down.

I am thinking that with his 2.5 week pure water, no runoff method, that it stops adding new things to be broken down, but at the same time allows the beneficial bacteria in the soil to break down and use up what remains in the soil, so that by harvest time there is not much left.

I also am thinking that some sort of process occurs with this method that allows some process to occur in the soil that converts to the buds being much tastier.

I am sure there is a lot more to it than this, but with the quality of this guy's smoke (I mean 1 in 1,000, that GOOD... so good a penny pincher would HAPPILY pay an extra 100$ an ounce for just to have to smoke), there has to be something to his method.

This guy's smoke doesn't burn white like my friends who do a runoff flush, but it has a clean grey ash, tastes soooo smooth and sooooo amazing.

So, with that said, I would appreciate ANY feedback on all of this, and would also like to hear how any of you organic soil growers flush for maximum taste and for maximum smoothness.

So did you figure out how to get the max flavor?

O

Ogeekush1

So did u figure out how to get the max flavor???

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The term flush is being mutilated, I've tried using the term rinse but ya I'm going to stay out of the "flush" threads from now on. good luck

The term is actually "leech" and it is used to describe running a fair amount of clear water through the pots to eliminate salt buildup.

Just to note. I use Pure Blend Pro Grow. It is all natural except for an extraction process but it has calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate. These are the salts that out ec/ppm meters pick up mostly and the elements most likely to be clogging the roots and need some leeching.

And I don't blame you for not wanting to argue about flushing. It's silly. These kinds of techniques are tools we have to be used when appropriate. Not as a trick to grow better weed automatically. It all always depends on the individual situation.

jaybodankly

jaybodankly

All my plants get water from start to finish. Cant flush out seaweed, crab meal, rock dusts out of soil anyhow. Flushing is a ultimately a pollution process. All those nutes go down the drain into local rivers and streams. Not much different than huge agribusiness letting the chemicals run off into streams and rivers. Just a different scale.

L

lukem5

Has anyone separated the roots from the soil, and let it sit in a PH corrected solution of wtaer for a few weeks to flush it out?

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Has anyone separated the roots from the soil, and let it sit in a PH corrected solution of wtaer for a few weeks to flush it out?

You dont need to flush the roots. Put your colas in a vase. A vase full of purple koolaid of course.

lvlohawk88

lvlohawk88

I'm gonna try your Friend Method I have 2 autos that in month or more will be ready for harvest .... I will post it out the out came of it ....I'm new grower ...😁👌

IMG 20190627 WA0043
Reactions: Ina
redbud

redbud

I use roots organic line and make tea out of the dry amendments.

My friend that suggests to give nothing but water for 2.5 weeks follows similiar method.

My friends that do 'volume flushing' 2 weeks before chop also do teas.

(I use roots organic 'original' soil)

Only thing I dry scratch is the beneficial bacteria (oregonism xl).

Only non organic nutes I use is soul synthetics - amino aid, and bud swell.
"My Friend" hehehe, yeah and the cops will believe this one.

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

I use roots organic line and make tea out of the dry amendments.

My friend that suggests to give nothing but water for 2.5 weeks follows similiar method.

My friends that do 'volume flushing' 2 weeks before chop also do teas.

(I use roots organic 'original' soil)

Only thing I dry scratch is the beneficial bacteria (oregonism xl).

Only non organic nutes I use is soul synthetics - amino aid, and bud swell.
So it's not organic? Why grow "organic" weed but put synthetics in it? So you are flushing because of the synthetics. Stick to 100% organic amendments along with microbes etc and you don't need to flush at all because all you are doing is feeding water from start to finish. 🤷🏽‍♂️

TONKAMAN77

TONKAMAN77

"My Friend" hehehe, yeah and the cops will believe this one.
If he was referring to himself as "his friend" he would already know the answers to his questions. Which also makes me realize he said he hired him as a consultant so why isn't he just asking "him"?

Latest posts

Top Bottom