Organic soil mix for Auto's

• Thread starter Northernpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Frankster said:

In nature; water is pure; cause it comes from the clouds... so we need to mimic that process as best as possible.
That's pretty much the way we look at it.
Yep, that's what we try and do, except when there's a hurricane knocking at our back door (at least 3X this year 😲), or when there's a BLIZZARD warning IN Hawaii 😂 (at least ONE, so far, but winter in Hawaii isn't over yet 🤪🥴🤣)! Basically, we just let the plants speak of their needs...Water? No watering (yet)? SO confusing! 🤯🤣

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Here's another big solution for you guys on the organic end. Nature's own mechanism of regulating pH...

No white on the outside; no brown on the inside.... good char taste like nothing... removes toxins; provides natural filtration; in vitro; and provides a carbon source...
Tetrahydrocannabinol
Formula
C21H30O2
herbaceous plants, C content ranged from 42.41 % in stems to 44.73% in leaves
THC by weight;
Molecular Weight314.5
Carbon weight 12.0107 x 21 = 252.2247
252.2/314.5 = 8019077901430843 Or about 80% carbon... by weight.

Last edited:
O

ochemdonkey

You guys are talking past one another in here. CN is correct in saying organics don't need pH balance; but that comes with a caveat. ie. The original starting ppm of the water. pH doesn't matter if your water is say <<<50 ppm or so; ever. It's not the pH of water; but the solids dissolved in it. Lets look at a basic explanation of what pH is... pH will naturally auto correct itself in the substrate; "if" the water is fairly pure....

If your using water to change the pH in an organic grow; your almost always fighting a losing battle.

In chemistry, pH historically denoting "potential of hydrogen" (or "power of hydrogen")is a exponential scale used to specify the acidity or basicity of an aqueous solution. Acidic solutions (solutions with higher concentrations of H+ ions) are measured to have lower pH values than basic or alkaline solutions. Note that highlighted word there. So ever 0.1 the pH differs; it doubles the solute (particulate solids) in the solution. 1=x10

So it's not the pH of the water that matters; but the ppm of the water itself. HARD WATER=THE BAD!!!🥵🤬😡

If your running hard water; and need to pH it for your plants to grow; that could be a (possible) viable solution (if your lucky) and the dissolved substances in it; line themselves up with the needs of the plant. However; that would require local water analysis (google it) if it's not from a well source.... Send the link to me for review; if you need assistance deciphering the results.

That said; Any water >50ppm (300ppm) appears exceptionally troublesome to me; and I would be either filtering it; or simply letting it settle in a big bucket; then dipping it out after >48hrs, and then discarding the bottom 1/3rd; taking care to not stir up the solids while dipping out the water. (siphoning would be the simplest means); or better yet, installing a RO system or running it though charcoals.

Next subject;
Purpling in stems is either genetic (most often in Indica dom strains) or it's a magnesium issue; not a pH related phenomena. If your getting purple stems from ph'd water. It's being somehow squeezed out of the picture by acid. Could also be cause by plant producing natural purple pigments (anthocyanin) in response to ultraviolet (UV) light. This is a complicated subject; so you need to inspect more deeply than color itself.

Note how Mg++ Ca++ is often the easiest element squeezed by pH

View attachment 1200865
this could not be anymore wrong lol

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

I've used Coast of Maine or Fox Farms in my prior 12 indoor runs........my next grow March/June 2022 run will be my first organic.

Bought Dr Earth 444 veg bags, Dr Earth 3-9-5 bloom, Dr Earth KELP.......and Kis Organic Nutrient Packs...........I will likely source cheap local organic soil for this run ( Roots Organic 707 or Black Gold Tupur).......Amend with 1/2 cup KIS for each gallon of cheap potting soil...........Toss in maybe 15% extra perlite and WATER ONLY as much as possible. If a boost is needed every 2 weeks I'll add a homemade brewed tea (its cooked 4 months+ already)..........tosss some kelp on top and water.

Dr Earth dry amendments are the backups, if needed.

D

Dano13

I've used Coast of Maine or Fox Farms in my prior 12 indoor runs........my next grow March/June 2022 run will be my first organic.

Bought Dr Earth 444 veg bags, Dr Earth 3-9-5 bloom, Dr Earth KELP.......and Kis Organic Nutrient Packs...........I will likely source cheap local organic soil for this run ( Roots Organic 707 or Black Gold Tupur).......Amend with 1/2 cup KIS for each gallon of cheap potting soil...........Toss in maybe 15% extra perlite and WATER ONLY as much as possible. If a boost is needed every 2 weeks I'll add a homemade brewed tea (its cooked 4 months+ already)..........tosss some kelp on top and water.

Dr Earth dry amendments are the backups, if needed.
Well thank I enjoy this topic. I'm new to this my self I'm using coast of Maine Stonington blend my first two I had 5g just CoM I topdress with there fish bone 27 days and I watered once a week with fish sht my water I get from a water spring place they have two different types maybe 3 but one is purified and the one is filtered RO and I think ultraviolet I have the info I can send or get it's down the Rd the pH is like 5.5 but I'm new so don't know all the tech words but I somewhat understand but I'm sure it has nothing at all in but I had no problem nice green right until harvest witch I was getting confused because people talk about your plant looks like it's stop feeding but it was definitely time to harvest and still had nice green leaves but my buds could have been harder but next time my soil was in totes and I amended a little and used there kelp liquid and squid but that cooked longer first time I used right out the bag pretty much but the next two I used one 5g and I tried a 3g I did the same but also used the kelp shit Squid feedings they are nice purple buds rock hard like soda cans 3g not tall don't look like much my 3g cut 65 days it was ready but probably could have waited week or two the 5g it was 11 weeks that one is hanging int it is really purple I snapped good part of the plant lst and I top they were 207 genetics red cyanide this one is really purple the other was but not as much should have waited but they were dense almost to dense I'm a newbie so don't know hands on and learning but I'm backed now from it so I'm rambling and going off topic my question is that water I use been working but didn't know if I'm getting lucky or I'm thinking I could give it good minerals the have a test sheets where I get the water I think I have a pic I'm bad with typing and phones new to this fourm stuff so bare with I can be baked thinking what I'm trying to say and type so sorry if I forget words and things are hard to understand and if you made to the end I want to make my own soil at some point but like I said I'm just starting out . Also this probably played a roll first grow I had a maxsun 4000 400w but I upgraded to hlg diablo 600w bad ass light and uv bar so the info that was sent about purple stems because I also thought because read something about pH so the thing is purple I will get a pic I'm just stupid when it comes to doing the whole social media stuff I'm not social any so I do this for hobby and personal use but I don't even use much I give it away to my cousin and my girlfriend be because we live under the same roof but they like it but Im all in and doing the whole no till/ super soil so many different styles I'm learning and products out there I get to much info. The making soil for few 5 g or and 7g but more the 5g and just making a type to just give compost tea just to make it alive. So I'm learning doing what is working and what works for you but I don't pH or nothing I also use Poland spring water I also trying to figure out what type of water is best but both waters were fine never have I know of a problem with the plants I have pics just have to look but this is supper long thanks if you read this but zkittlez from my first grow had me done so I'm happy learning and input be great I like the info and recipe think I might try it well I will just overthink it when I make my own like to get little more knowledge thanks dano13 new to the site to

Top Bottom