organic soil tray growing

• Thread starter bigdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigdawg

bigdawg

looking to grow some kush plants in subcools soil mixture in a 4' by 4' tray. how deep should the tray be for good root development till harvest? should I put something on the bottom before soil for drainage?? please help!:smiley_joint:

G

greenplanetguru

How Deep is your tray?

HI,

How deep is your tray? I use 10 gal 'tall' grip lip containers that are 15 and 1/2 inches tall and I think Subcool uses similar. I do know that when I've used larger containers and examine the rootball after a grow, most of the roots grow down as opposed to out so I'd think that you'd need a 14-16" or more depth to give the plants enough room to develop and enough nutes until harvest. I use about an inch or two layer of the 'chunky' Perlite in the bottom of my pots for drainage and that would work well in your situation too. You'll want to make sure there is a bit of a pitch in the tray so excess can drain off and fill the tray so the soil surface is level to compensate if you can.

Happy Growing!:nod

bigdawg

bigdawg

I have not built the tray yet, probably do it Soma method. your depth sounds perfect, will make it around 16" tall. thanks for the help!!:smiley_joint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom