Organic Soil, With Cheap Synthetic Foliar During Veg

• Thread starter Sexyben
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sexyben

Sexyben

I have found over the years that the organically grown stuff tastes better.

I really hope that the stuff I spray on the plant during veg, is totally gone and used up by the end of the flowering phase , which I gather it will be , but will find out.

The soil and it's water are entirely organic. A friend mixed up a fresh batch of soil based on some clackimus coots recipes but not exact .
He put a bunch of stuff in there , rice hulls, compost,.lava stones, worm castings ,peat, Neam meal and karanja all kinds.

When I got the soil home, I mixed in a whole bag of pagionis worm castings , which made it about half worm castings. I also mixed in plenty of bat guano both types, but mostly the veg kind.lots of kelp, And i put a jug of distilled water in there and let it start cooking .Closed in with some black garbage bags. ... Coming back again every couple days to check on it, I noticed while it was cooking it had a fruity farts smell to it.

After it did that for a couple weeks. I
Remixed the soil with more kelp and a bunch of sugar and a lot of yeast. It was just cheap bakers yeast. When I did this, the soil still had that fruity farts smell but within a couple days the soil smell changed entirely to the distinct soil smell, or more.specifically the finished compost smell..

I put two bag seeds from some really good really cheasy kush that I had smoked, directly in the soil of like a 1 gallon container. .. they both sprouted lightening fast , popping from soil after two or three days , I put them under the led light for.a while.

This far all they have ever been watered with is teas made with kelp and guanos, up until a couple days ago this was just grow guano, but now, it is.all switched to fruit guano. I love the smell of the tea it smells so fruity. Reminds me of alfalfa tea.
I also boiled up all kinds of pine needles and fed that to the plant, the next day I ate a leaf and it tasted like pine , really good actually. I think the reason my plant is taking all this in stride is because the soil is so alive .

I would say the teas I am using are extra extra strong. But the soil is bufffering it just fine. And the plants are taking it. Looking great and perky . Growing roots quickly.

I keep taking risks and experimenting and there is nothing I have done yet that the plant hasn't responded well to.. thriving with zero regard for pH. Thriving on super strength tea(way weaker burns my buddies plants) , and we haven't even gotten into the crazy part yet. The synthetics that they get on top of all this. ...

For the sake of the soil, I'll never add this stuff into the watering solution, I absolutely do not want to be tasting any of it later. And it'll only be for while the plants are still vegging. But the idea is the plants can veg into monsters , and then just continue heavy feeding on organics, then phase out the nutes late fruit and was in the mollasses till finish, then I plan to give it pine needle tea fir it's last watering.

Anyways, back ti the synthetics.
I put it all in a window cleaner spring bottle. And I still use it as window cleaner as well as foliar feed for plants ;).

The mix is a cap full of ammonia , 7-14 drops of shults liquid 10-15-10 , a sploosh of peroxide, and a half drop of dish soap... With the rest water . I started off weaker but have been making it stronger and stronger as the plants respond nicely to it, and i spray It all the time randomly day and night.

I think I might have lucked out and found myself some super heavy feeders. Smells like a super skunky pheno too when I rub the stalks ..

Sexyben

Sexyben

You see this scraggly little runt next to the plant, it's not much younger than the other two. It seems to be just not growing or doing anything while the other two take off. That one came from F1 autoflower seed my buddy gave me.

IMG 20190328 013850169
Sexyben

Sexyben

The seedling looks like it it stretching big time for the light

Yup. it has been that way since it was like a week old, if it doesn't just get the snip, I'll train it over sideways like the one on the right ;) the one in the middle can be trained away from it too, but before I keep training that one, I'd like to tie the main stalk right below the Y, so it does not split later. , I could also rotate the bin to get the little one right under that 6500k Mercury tube.

That little guy is an F1 auto. My buddies genetics are hit and miss. His seem to be very sensitive to bat guano, which I use alot of. Some of them turn out tasty but others just turn out bland af. ... He's putting away his old genetics and trying different strains. Grape walker kush is one that turned out really good for him so he's growing it again. He was really excited about my plants and he got one of the seeds too. Later we might take some clones off both and set him up with those too.

I found some really old.seeds and gave them to him. One strain was fast Manitoba and the other was a DJ short true blueberry crossed to sweet pink grapefruit.
And a bag of randoms dating back to 2001 that he will have to start in paper because they might not be viable anymore. If he finds the right phenos we can clone em. It's exciting.

Last year I gave him some old Moby dick/girl scout cookies x kush seeds but they hermied terribly ... Oops. Some turned out really nice but over half of them hermied, so it'll take growing out a bunch of those to find the good phenos and just clone em , like my other buddy did with the same seed stock, he found one really really crystally and really fast pheno , called it game changer, cloned the crap out of it. For a couple years straight but now he lost again because he stopped for a bit.

I'm.actually hoping one of these kush turns out to be a true male. .. if the f1 is a male it'll just get pulled.

Sexyben

Sexyben

The phenos I'm looking for are the really sour or skunky ones, and the really piney ones. That one in the middle is skunky af. Male or female that one is a keeper. Need to cut off a couple clones lol

Sexyben

Sexyben

Trained the scraggler right down sideways and rotated the bin so it would be directly under the light once I turned the lights on.

Yesterday I switched to using stronger foliar before and after the lights whent out, Today she's looking just a slight bit darker green than yesterday. I see some overnight newgrowth. Smells skunky as ever. , The leaves are extra crispy today but not in a bad way.

IMG 20190328 071900098
IMG 20190328 071917034
IMG 20190328 071926562
IMG 20190328 071936661
IMG 20190328 071944360
IMG 20190328 071953814
IMG 20190328 072102977
Sexyben

Sexyben

Just a touch of preventative maintenance. It isn't in tight but it is wrapped around a couple times.

IMG 20190328 073432441
Sexyben

Sexyben

I have topped it all again and tied it tighter to itself and the bin

IMG 20190409 130846652
IMG 20190409 130855139
IMG 20190409 130906100
Sexyben

Sexyben

Had to train the other one down and away, looks a bit nicer now . Can't wait to see it all standing back up straight again tomorrow

IMG 20190409 144600420
IMG 20190409 144613990
Sexyben

Sexyben

Swapped out a couple lights for led lights. They are both rated 1500 lumens, one is 2700k the other is 5000k .. the twisty bulb to the side is 6500k

Sexyben

Sexyben

Tomorrow it will all be Standing up again it is going to look great !!

IMG 20190409 153919783
IMG 20190409 153928188
IMG 20190409 153941500
IMG 20190409 153949555
IMG 20190409 154001985
Reactions: Ina
Ina

Ina

Strange approach:)I think more light will be needed.Soil is hot enough,there is even too many things in it allready,you will overdo it with these chemicals.Why don't you spray them with something bio,there is lots of things to use,nettles and stuff?Why ammonium,so unnecessary.....N toxicity is close,be careful!:)The soil itself would be more than enough for veg and the damage from overfeeding with N you will notice in flower(hope not)......But they look interesting:)

Sexyben

Sexyben

I have stopped apraying it with the mix a week ago and have been spraying it with water to clean out the old residues , the soil is pretty strong indeed and will have to veg for a good while on mollasses tea.

One of my friends loves this pheno so much he wants me to just keep it in perpetual veg for now so he can keep cutting clones and supply my smoke for free . It's an incredibly skunky smelling plant and it recovers quickly and really co operates. The seed came from really amazing smoke, just about some of the sourest cheasiest kush I have had. This one in perticular Is incredibly Hardy to nutrients , wind, training and anything g else I've thrown at it.

For the next transplant, it is going to get a good amount of old promix bx that was used once and let outside in nature for three years afterward. That will give it a better fluffier soil structure , I won't have to add any ammendment to it other than a tray of egg shells that I am going to bake and break up into tiny pieces. Might throw a bit of Sand in there too

Sexyben

Sexyben

I switched it around and installed another light split into two. Now the part that was in the sun is indoors and vice versa.

It has two twisty tubes one soft white , the other 6500k right above. Than the two 1500lumen bulbs pointed at it, and the led grow bulb is back in and pointed at it again. Plus there is a bit stronger sunlight everyday, but we are back to the 24hr light cycle for about the past week.

IMG 20190410 133818544
IMG 20190410 133826977
IMG 20190410 133838746
IMG 20190410 133900946
Sexyben

Sexyben

Reconfigured the lights and added a mirror. Trying to get better light with what I got and reduce the glow coming from the window.

Received 317140835650786
Sexyben

Sexyben

I'm really encouraged by how dense this thing is getting. It's growing a shoot out from every leaf site now it seems and is filling right in. Bushing right up.

IMG 20190412 002053738
IMG 20190412 002110785
IMG 20190412 002124581
IMG 20190412 002135428
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'm really encouraged by how dense this thing is getting. It's growing a shoot out from every leaf site now it seems and is filling right in. Bushing right up.
i would use pipe cleaners friend,as long as you keep close eye on it ,should be fine,another thing,loose the mirror,creats hot spots that will hurt ya,a flat white sheet of old sheet rock works better,next thing and most important to me is the size of your container,unless you are trying to keep them small of course,i would get them into a 18 gal tote and watch um explode lmao,got a lot going on there just giving a few tips,one thing i have found over the years,the flat white with a texture causing the bumps have always worked better than the reflective stuff for me,i grow monsters and when you cant move the plants around you can see the difrence with the white versus the reflective

Top Bottom