Organic Tea Ingredient Npk List?

• Thread starter Winter323
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Winter323

Winter323

if your ferments are stinking your doing them wrong friend,i do all mine in 5 gal buckets,old paint buckets with the screw cap,i take a 1/4 air hose and pop a tight hole i the cap,then run the hose up to a coke bottle so it ca gas off,if yours is stinking im guessing it not gassing off,i did fruit extract just a couple months ago,like 5 difrent fruits and didnt have any issues,are you matching by weigh how much mollases to content to ferment ,mollases is the food for the microbes and the whole process,im a cheap bastard so instead of high dollar sugars,i go to feed store and buy the deer attractant,the kind you pour over a block, all horticulture mollases that it made from ,and cheap in comparision to buying mollases,you ca use brown sugar also.
another tip ,if your in hot weather climate,smell the mix when you start,weekly smell for a hint of change,when it change your done

Agreed for standard anaerobic but there are many different ways to make a teas and I have been experimenting with no bubbling, but my PHs were way too low as both most fruits as well as unsulferd molasses are both very acidic and even after a week or two of sitting are still sitting in the sub 4 zone. But I agree with your thoughts and teas are best to be used up as soon as possible as far as my current hypothesis but I am not dialed in at all so there is that. As stated in the sea of previous texts I like different types of honeys (clover, neem, etc), coconut sugars, brown sugar, agave, real maple syrup, granulated etc etc...and even with honey there is almost infinite different types as well.

Winter323

Winter323

Plus talking about artificial flavors, anything you add to the soil is going to add flavor of some sort...so by your reasoning you shouldn't add things like fruit pulp that tastes good because its cheating but adding it as compost is cool because all the terps are gone? I mean I can understand the mentality which is why I have never liked things like Terpinator or too much Bloombastic, but at the end of the day fresh fruit terpenes are probably the best bet for as natural boost as you can get, not to mention the laundry list of other side effects like what you get from pineapple enzymes/foliars, that would surely put most nutrient companies out of business. I am going to start doing some testing with pure terpenes (lemon, orange, tangerine, myrcene, pinene alpha+beta are the ones I have on hand in bulk) for foliars and tea additives.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Quality is some rock candy purple Katsu that actually tastes like it smells unlike everything I have gotten from a dispensary ever lol and everyone who gets to try it only wants to smoke your flower because it actually tastes good myself included, is what I am referring to. I have had maybe 2-3 good tasting strains out of 100 from dispensaries, and even those were hardly comparable. But thats the market we are in, everything now is looking good and smelling good but still can't fake true quality. Not that I have this new system as dialed in as before but smoothieponics is undefeated as far as taste, but I dont mean to say its the best way to grow for anyone, or that anyone should grow this way, as its too much to try to and figure things and out do testing for alot of people, especially those set in their ways or those wanting high yields or an easy method...but at the end of the day it makes my job much easier even in a flooded market as true quality is becoming more and more scarce. But I am not dialed in with this new method just trying to pass some information along as it seems a good way to get other people to share, but ultimately I have already seen 100 different ways to make teas both aerobic an anaerobic so instructions on how its normally done were read on overgrow.com back around 1999.

Its perfectly ok to select a route to travel on and commit to a method. For me, that method is true organics. The taste, as any other data gathered by our senses and interpreted by our brain, is incredibly personal and when people choose to do organics there are many reasons but the yields is not one of them.

The quality is the reason why people go organics. When provided with full spectrum nourishment, which plant or animal based composts and materials provide, plant reaches its own potential as best as it can. To take it one step forward you’d have to alter what the plant naturally produces. Now we know plant takes up terpenoids via its roots. Thats why there are products that manipulates the scent and taste of cannabis. That doesn’t mean that it makes that weed better. It just alters its own unique phenotypical expressions.

This is just my understanding about quality. The reason i replied was because you said people just take it easy and don’t meddle with it to get quantity over quality. Which is not true. When people chase quantity they mostly go hydro or coco and they put in a lot of effort taking reading and preparing feeds and boosters etc etc. And when we talk about quality lets not refer to dispensary cannabis.

This is my take on the subject and this is not directed at your prefered method. It may be great or complete shit. I haven’t tried it so i’m neutral about it.

Last edited:
Winter323

Winter323

Its perfectly ok to select a route to travel on and commit to a method. For me, that method is true organics. The taste, as any other data gathered by our senses and interpreted by our brain, is incredibly personal and when people choose to do organics there are many reasons but the yields is not one of them.

The quality is the reason why people go organics. When provided with full spectrum nourishment, which plant or animal based composts and materials provide, plant reaches its own potential as best as it can. To take it one step forward you’d have to alter what the plant naturally produces. Now we know plant takes up terpenoids via its roots. Thats why there are products that manipulates the scent and taste of cannabis. That doesn’t mean that it makes that weed better. It just alters its own unique phenotypical expressions.

This is just my understanding about quality. The reason i replied was because you said people just take it easy and don’t meddle with it to get quantity over quality. Which is not true. When people chase quantity they mostly go hydro or coco and they put in a lot of effort taking reading and preparing feeds and boosters etc etc. And when we talk about quality lets not refer to dispensary cannabis.

This is my take on the subject and this is not directed at your prefered method. It may be great or complete shit. I haven’t tried it so i’m neutral about it.

Nice you got some good looking purple there. I agree with the organic part but judging by my last run of trying to follow the mountainorganics methods just showed me that taste isn't going to be there just because its organic. Anything you add to the soil whether it be organic, organic salts, synthetics, coir, peat moss etc is going to have effect on taste. My argument is certain strains will benefit from a fruit enhancement simply looking at the taste perspective. I know that my katsu and others growing the same strain are similar but mine tastes better, not that is has every time, or that it would if I didnt grow the way I like it, and doesnt taste as good when I'm using salts, gives me a headache is I sprayed it with eagle20 lol...but at the end of the day, kind of useless information as new people wouldnt be able to put it to much use without sabotaging themselves and the experts are already growing the best weed and all their yesmen custies agree, but I have an objective opinion because I am out here comparing, blunt after blunt.

Winter323

Winter323

The questions I have come to now is would it be better to do a more soilless organic to get a better tasting flush vs a compost based living soil, and when to stop foliars and their effect on the taste. I have always been a fan of no foliar after 2-3 weeks into flower but havent done fresh puret before so not sure how far it could be taken. It also seems that fresh citrus foliar should almost provide for all of your IPM/ antimold needs.

Good day.

Top Bottom