Organic Tea Ingredient Npk List?

• Thread starter Winter323
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Winter323

Winter323

I have been going a little crazy mixing isolated fruit pulp terpene teas, and have been trying to find a decent guide that lists NPK for common organic ingredients like fruits.

I found this list which is alright but I remember having a better one from some forums a few years back. Seems like most fruits are low in nitrogen and high in K.

https://thenutrientcompany.com/blogs/horticulture/npk-value-of-everything-organic-database

Also does anyone have experience or advice about using fresh fruit pulp blended up into teas?

Winter323

Winter323

Check into korean natural farming. There is lots of cool info into fermenting and culturing all your needs for very inexpensive
I was getting into the lacto serum and fermented plant extracts by that korean dude, but I am now focused on fresh fruit pulp because the terpenes are so much better. Letting them rot/ferment may have some good effects but kills the terpenes vs fresh.

E

Elevated

Interesting, I'll look into it for sure. Also, increase of microbial life makes plants terpenes production increase. I've used soil balance pro for years. It's expensive but I won highest terpenes at emerald cup in nor cal. I'm working new project using quartz silica as conductive amendment, sound frequency to incorporate cymatics and micro biology!!

BmakGrowGod

BmakGrowGod

I have been going a little crazy mixing isolated fruit pulp terpene teas, and have been trying to find a decent guide that lists NPK for common organic ingredients like fruits.

I found this list which is alright but I remember having a better one from some forums a few years back. Seems like most fruits are low in nitrogen and high in K.

https://thenutrientcompany.com/blogs/horticulture/npk-value-of-everything-organic-database

Also does anyone have experience or advice about using fresh fruit pulp blended up into teas?

Off topic but Isolated fruit pulp terpene teas? Kinda peaked my interest what is it really? Sounds beneficial (both for microbial life and plant health lmao)

H

hawkman

Carbs - interesting some -- use them in week 4 of flower - this is when some plants "stall" in relation to growth - introducing carbs will get it a "jolt" - advanced nutrients makes one called CarboLoad or one could use molasses

Winter323

Winter323

Carbs - interesting some -- use them in week 4 of flower - this is when some plants "stall" in relation to growth - introducing carbs will get it a "jolt" - advanced nutrients makes one called CarboLoad or one could use molasses

Nice thats what up, I have noticed using heavy sugars like real maple syrup, honies, cocunut sugars, plus pretty much anything you could find locally at whole foods or vitamin cottage and I havent really stuck with any one thing, its nice to see the flowers letting off globs of syrup from near the buds, some of that sticky icky lol...

From the testing I have done with cutting fresh harvested branches sitting in water, the best tastes for me was a slight bit of blackstrap + orange pulp mixture for a short time. Any of the sugars too long will make for a very harsh smoke and if you use black food coloring it will turn the flower black/purple but taste like death and you will surely lose some custies lol...but I could see some interesting combinations with things like mushrooms...but ultimately I kinda went for building the flavors up over the course of flower and not worrying about sitting them in a flavored water flower vase, which can be fun!

Off topic but Isolated fruit pulp terpene teas? Kinda peaked my interest what is it really? Sounds beneficial (both for microbial life and plant health lmao)

Yeah basically just isolating your teas so you have your different pulps in different areas so you can give you bubba kush all blueberry teas, or your 1980s south beach triangle kush all orange teas or what have you. Last weeks tea run I did pineapple, orange, banana, blueberry, strawberry and a veg tea and they all got a good mix of micros and other amendments plus whatever I feel like adding, will add a little bit of bioboost to the flower teas but dont like to add too much of that. Since I am using so many ingridients and other flower boosters when appropriate I try to avoid using anything alfalfa/tria related because I have lost alot of yield and quality because of it over the years mixing it with other stuff. I have used alot of those down to earth boxes and still have about 10 along with just using organic stuff available like dandelions and who knows what else.

I am definitely not knocking any of the Korean farming or FPE type of stuff and I have seen that interesting techniques of letting the fruit pulp just sit for months that is suppose to smell good, but personally I cant see it. I feel itsbest just blendering the pulp and getting it to them right away before it gets absorbed by the environment and each fruit has a laundry list of benefits/ drawbacks which once figured out combining them would rival any nutrient lines with the added benefits of easily attainable natural terps. Some clean organic weed that all tastes and smells like a specially tailored smoothie is the way to go from what I have seen.

As to how important naturally mixing the fruit pulp with a mulch layer having both bugs and worms to help I cannot say but with small pots using conventional soil there was definitely something missing in the health and yield department when compared with 40-60 gallon individual no tills pots.

Interesting, I'll look into it for sure. Also, increase of microbial life makes plants terpenes production increase. I've used soil balance pro for years. It's expensive but I won highest terpenes at emerald cup in nor cal. I'm working new project using quartz silica as conductive amendment, sound frequency to incorporate cymatics and micro biology!!

Well its good to have some qualified people chiming in and helping the art of the best tasting cannabis along. Thats interesting about the quartz I have used old water from dremmelling a quartz candle holder once and thought about how good it would be as compared to other forms of rock dust, plus I love to leave my minerals in my pots for the bugs to play with. I have used them in a bubble cloner but they got slime on them so its better if they can stay more on the dry or to use ones that arent as nice lol but luckily there is plenty of quartz/mica/lychen pieces to be found.

Plus the best thing you could use is some ashes from a loved person/animal in your no till pots so you can always have them with you helping and hopefully making you feel at peace. Thanks for the imput on soil balance pro I will have to look into it, always nice to try new organic products. Think right now I have Rootweb Star, OG Biowars, azos, mycos, and a few others not to mention using compost and things of that nature.

Regards.

Last edited:
H

hawkman

Nice thats what up, I have noticed using heavy sugars like real maple syrup, honies, cocunut sugars, plus pretty much anything you could find locally at whole foods or vitamin cottage and I havent really stuck with any one thing, its nice to see the flowers letting off globs of syrup from near the buds, some of that sticky icky lol...

From the testing I have done with cutting fresh harvested branches sitting in water, the best tastes for me was a slight bit of blackstrap + orange pulp mixture for a short time. Any of the sugars too long will make for a very harsh smoke and if you use black food coloring it will turn the flower black/purple but taste like death and you will surely lose some custies lol...but I could see some interesting combinations with things like mushrooms...but ultimately I kinda went for building the flavors up over the course of flower and not worrying about sitting them in a flavored water flower vase, which can be fun!

Yeah basically just isolating your teas so you have your different pulps in different areas so you can give you bubba kush all blueberry teas, or your 1980s south beach triangle kush all orange teas or what have you. Last weeks tea run I did pineapple, orange, banana, blueberry, strawberry and a veg tea and they all got a good mix of micros and other amendments plus whatever I feel like adding, will add a little bit of bioboost to the flower teas but dont like to add too much of that. Since I am using so many ingridients and other flower boosters when appropriate I try to avoid using anything alfalfa/tria related because I have lost alot of yield and quality because of it over the years mixing it with other stuff. I have used alot of those down to earth boxes and still have about 10 along with just using organic stuff available like dandelions and who knows what else.

I am definitely not knocking any of the Korean farming or FPE type of stuff and I have seen that interesting techniques of letting the fruit pulp just sit for months that is suppose to smell good, but personally I cant see it. I feel itsbest just blendering the pulp and getting it to them right away before it gets absorbed by the environment and each fruit has a laundry list of benefits/ drawbacks which once figured out combining them would rival any nutrient lines with the added benefits of easily attainable natural terps. Some clean organic weed that all tastes and smells like a specially tailored smoothie is the way to go from what I have seen.

As to how important naturally mixing the fruit pulp with a mulch layer having both bugs and worms to help I cannot say but with small pots using conventional soil there was definitely something missing in the health and yield department when compared with 40-60 gallon individual no tills pots.

Well its good to have some qualified people chiming in and helping the art of the best tasting cannabis along. Thats interesting about the quartz I have used old water from dremmelling a quartz candle holder once and thought about how good it would be as compared to other forms of rock dust, plus I love to leave my minerals in my pots for the bugs to play with. I have used them in a bubble cloner but they got slime on them so its better if they can stay more on the dry or to use ones that arent as nice lol but luckily there is plenty of quartz/mica/lychen pieces to be found.

Plus the best thing you could use is some ashes from a loved person/animal in your no till pots so you can always have them with you helping and hopefully making you feel at peace. Thanks for the imput on soil balance pro I will have to look into it, always nice to try new organic products. Think right now I have Rootweb Star, OG Biowars, azos, mycos, and a few others not to mention using compost and things of that nature.

Regards.

Thanks ! I stopped using the cardo-load (advanced Nutrients) going to get some powder molassess from Kelp4Less and you are right about too much sugars. like you no Korean Gardening for me, what is the amounts of fruits you use how long do you let it cook?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Look into FPJ , there is a ton of white paper if u googled it. Everything from eggs to plant matter that increased bio mass on end subject plant. Bokashi Korean method is epic. I cook my soils using the Bokashi method using bakers yeast as the initial starter

H

hawkman

Look into FPJ , there is a ton of white paper if u googled it. Everything from eggs to plant matter that increased bio mass on end subject plant. Bokashi Korean method is epic. I cook my soils using the Bokashi method using bakers yeast as the initial starter

Thanks Have heard of "bokashi"elevated organics makes this

Winter323

Winter323

After doing some preliminary testing I definitely am starting to drift away from the teas mainly for several reasons.

1. Even after a day of bubbling most of the good terpenes are gone and its starting to smell a little fermented. Surely not all even after a week but its not ideal application for terpene retention. Possibly could not bubble the teas but I have found its hard to get the PH out of the red (less than 4) zone lol but you at least want to deliver the foliar soon as they leave the blender and use most of it within 24 hours for that purpose.

2. Fresh fruit along with grow tips have the most hormones so its best to get them to plant right away, which is the idea of the mulch layer. Just hit em with a fresh pineapple foliar and its like spray on buds similar to when I use to use Moab. Excited to try the other fruits by themselves fresh.

3. I feel the nutrients become too chelated and available for my purposes which I would prefer just adding the fresher fruit to the mulch layer (as well as a foliar) for the terpene retention and slower degradation of the material to give it for the effect I'm looking for since I am using 40-60 gallon living soil.

I have a really good feeling about using pineapple not only as an amazing foliar but to replace any type of store bought enzymes but this will need some more testing. And I think those enzymes should guard agaisnt PM and budrot in flower. As for now I feel making a new tea every day/ couple days with fruit scraps/waste or even whole fresh fruit is the way to go for me, since I can ultilize as much as the fresh pulp for foliar/feedings as I need and add the rest to the teas, and I am not ready to stop using teas all together just yet but its looking like fresh fruit wins for foliars, but there still may be benefits of the teas in the soil so there still needs to be some testing. Plus keeping the teas will allow for the continued isolation of strain specific terpenes, but right now I'm feeling the freshest delivery is the best.

Last edited:
Winter323

Winter323

Thanks ! I stopped using the cardo-load (advanced Nutrients) going to get some powder molassess from Kelp4Less and you are right about too much sugars. like you no Korean Gardening for me, what is the amounts of fruits you use how long do you let it cook?

I am it would of course depend on whats in your soil/soilless mix and all that but for me I am using similar mixes to what @mountainorganics has on his website. Which he has changed twice in the past 6 months lol so not sure what kind of testing dude is doing or if he is just using what is friends are getting better results with but I did ask him how he felt about using nitrogen fixing cover crops like legumes a few months back on instragram and he just had a posting telling everyone to use it to "get free nitrogen from the environment" lol so pretty sure he is just like anyone else and is just rolling with the information as it comes and seems like he is more focused on promoting is foliars and seed company that worrying too much about his mixes or techniques, imo.

But generally the EC goes from 0 to maybe .6-1.2 for the teas before I add other ingredients, but its good if you eat a bunch or oranges just blender up all the peels/pulp and add it to your tea if its not way too much. Just make sure you get to see the effects of the fresh application vs brewing as a tea for 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, etc so you can get an idea whats going to work best for you.

Nice thats what up, I am sure you've had plenty of time to experiment and are up with latest super juices, as a benefit of your moderating duties. I never got too deep into that, I was just doing the fermented plant extracts and the natural collecting of microbes but started to feel like the other bennies were doing better. I have some bokashi from age old I believe but I stopped using because of the alfalfa content, which is fine if you aren't using other enhancers but for me I try to avoid. I definitely think those techniques need some more looking into such as FPE vs adding to the mulch layer.

DTG

DTG

Wow, very nice post. . . informative. . .

However, way to much scientific shit for me,

dig, plant, feed, cut, dry, cure & smoke.
That's it for me, except for a nice compost tea twice a season. . .

Speaking of compost tea, my wife came into my shop last year as I was brewing my 1st batch, & asked what I was doing, I said, brewing compost tea. She said, I'm not drinking that it looks like shit.

I just laughed & shook my head at her. She's a non smoker thankfully.

DTG.

Winter323

Winter323

Wow, very nice post. . . informative. . .

However, way to much scientific shit for me,

dig, plant, feed, cut, dry, cure & smoke.
That's it for me, except for a nice compost tea twice a season. . .

Speaking of compost tea, my wife came into my shop last year as I was brewing my 1st batch, & asked what I was doing, I said, brewing compost tea. She said, I'm not drinking that it looks like shit.

I just laughed & shook my head at her. She's a non smoker thankfully.

DTG.
For sure something to be said for keeping it easy and consistent, but as was mentioned in one of those giant blocks of text on the previous page, I just wasn't feeling the flavor from the straight @mountainorganics methods (buuf) so I am trying to combine them with my old smoothieponics methods, which for me produced the best flavor. But of course some people would rather not mess with it and keep it easy which seems to be the standard these days going for quantity over quality. So far they have come long ways in the looks category but its nearly impossible to find dispensary quality that tastes good and you would actually want to smoke, even in the 200-300/oz range, including some that are in living soil or organic. And thats where the market is out, plenty of flooded with good and units around 1000 even cheaper in the wholesale req market, but its still hard to find stuff you want to smoke even spending 200-300 and stuff thats is legit has people following the drops on instagram buying them up in hours lol sp for me its actually a big difference between something that is actually tasty vs taking the easy method that I followed last round.

Really not sharing anything to ground breaking either just putting some ideas out there for my opinions on the matter, just have been spoiled with flavors that actually taste good and dont give you a headache lol...but kind of a mute point.

DTG

DTG

Winter,

I do agree with you, taste is very important to me, as I have had some of that crappy dispensary cannabis & you're right, it is almost un smokable. That is why I have chosen to grow my own as organic as I can get.
I believe with good light, good nutrients, great care & proper cure the natural flavors will shine through.

If not after all my work, then I would have no problem trying your fresh fruit method. At this point in my growing I already have more than enough work to do, adding more to it would probably make me remove what little hair I have left.

However with all that being typed, my grow last season was a failure ( used crappy bag seed) this season I have decided to go with some store bought seeds, auto flower to be precise, & I am hoping for a much better harvest, both in quality & quantity. Lets face it, quantity is important also as I need enough to make me medicine as well as my recreational smoke. I used to be a bush grower, take clones to the bush in spring, dig a hole, toss in some blood & bone, see ya in the fall. This usually resulted in small yields and not so great taste but back then it was all about the cash, hell we would sell it wet for crying out loud.

Since the legalization I have changed my methods a bit, good bye bush & hello back yard. This way I have control & hopefully a much better crop. I also didn't use cannabis medically in the old days either so all that stuff is now important to me.

Thanks for your response Winter, I did not mean your methods were wrong, I just meant that I need to dial in my method before I try to complicate things by trying new methods. Do keep me posted on how your smoothie method goes, I am interested to see if you come up with a winning recipe.

I hope it works out for you & you find the flavor you are looking for. Perhaps you might try juicing a fresh carrot, a friend of mine ( now deceased) used to get this fantastic cannabis that smelled & tasted just like a carrot that was pulled from the ground.

Good luck, let me know how you get on.

DTG.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
But of course some people would rather not mess with it and keep it easy which seems to be the standard these days going for quantity over quality.

Define quality.

Is quality adding artifical flavors or altering what plant produces naturally? Or letting the plant grow to its full potential as organic and natural as it gets?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if your ferments are stinking your doing them wrong friend,i do all mine in 5 gal buckets,old paint buckets with the screw cap,i take a 1/4 air hose and pop a tight hole i the cap,then run the hose up to a coke bottle so it ca gas off,if yours is stinking im guessing it not gassing off,i did fruit extract just a couple months ago,like 5 difrent fruits and didnt have any issues,are you matching by weigh how much mollases to content to ferment ,mollases is the food for the microbes and the whole process,im a cheap bastard so instead of high dollar sugars,i go to feed store and buy the deer attractant,the kind you pour over a block, all horticulture mollases that it made from ,and cheap in comparision to buying mollases,you ca use brown sugar also.
another tip ,if your in hot weather climate,smell the mix when you start,weekly smell for a hint of change,when it change your done

DTG

DTG

That is exactly how I feel about it.
Define quality.

Is quality adding artifical flavors or altering what plant produces naturally? Or letting the plant grow to its full potential as organic and natural as it gets?

H

hawkman

I am it would of course depend on whats in your soil/soilless mix and all that but for me I am using similar mixes to what @mountainorganics has on his website. Which he has changed twice in the past 6 months lol so not sure what kind of testing dude is doing or if he is just using what is friends are getting better results with but I did ask him how he felt about using nitrogen fixing cover crops like legumes a few months back on instragram and he just had a posting telling everyone to use it to "get free nitrogen from the environment" lol so pretty sure he is just like anyone else and is just rolling with the information as it comes and seems like he is more focused on promoting is foliars and seed company that worrying too much about his mixes or techniques, imo.

But generally the EC goes from 0 to maybe .6-1.2 for the teas before I add other ingredients, but its good if you eat a bunch or oranges just blender up all the peels/pulp and add it to your tea if its not way too much. Just make sure you get to see the effects of the fresh application vs brewing as a tea for 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, etc so you can get an idea whats going to work best for you.

Nice thats what up, I am sure you've had plenty of time to experiment and are up with latest super juices, as a benefit of your moderating duties. I never got too deep into that, I was just doing the fermented plant extracts and the natural collecting of microbes but started to feel like the other bennies were doing better. I have some bokashi from age old I believe but I stopped using because of the alfalfa content, which is fine if you aren't using other enhancers but for me I try to avoid. I definitely think those techniques need some more looking into such as FPE vs adding to the mulch layer.
good info - will take a look at mountain organics - have you ever heard of Elevated Organics ? got a few sample and it seems like a good organic - any way why did you stop using alfalfa ? you were make a organic form of tracional which is a bloom booster and is in Massive Bloom (green Planet)

Winter323

Winter323

Define quality.

Quality is some rock candy purple Katsu that actually tastes like it smells unlike everything I have gotten from a dispensary ever lol and everyone who gets to try it only wants to smoke your flower because it actually tastes good myself included, is what I am referring to. I have had maybe 2-3 good tasting strains out of 100 from dispensaries, and even those were hardly comparable. But thats the market we are in, everything now is looking good and smelling good but still can't fake true quality. Not that I have this new system as dialed in as before but smoothieponics is undefeated as far as taste, but I dont mean to say its the best way to grow for anyone, or that anyone should grow this way, as its too much to try to and figure things and out do testing for alot of people, especially those set in their ways or those wanting high yields or an easy method...but at the end of the day it makes my job much easier even in a flooded market as true quality is becoming more and more scarce. But I am not dialed in with this new method just trying to pass some information along as it seems a good way to get other people to share, but ultimately I have already seen 100 different ways to make teas both aerobic an anaerobic so instructions on how its normally done were read on overgrow.com back around 1999.

Katsu

Latest posts

Top Bottom