organic user

• Thread starter SmOkEtAsTiC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmOkEtAsTiC

Was just wondering what is the best organic nutrients to use and what technique could i use to maximize my yeilds @400 watt mh 600 watt hps room size 56"x56"x79" ind/sat mix thanks:rock

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Well I would start buy doing alot of research on organics. There is alot to learn with them and its easy to burn if you over do it and hard to flush once its been over done. I would try some guanos and some teas. Do it!! I like organic grows........they taste better i think.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Are the lights gonna be in 1 hood ?

K

kill-9

Well you need a mix for vegetation and a mix for flowering.

Bloodmeal
Bat Guano
Kelp
Worm Castings

Flowering:

Same recipe, just add Bat Guano that is high in Phosphorus and cut back on the blood meal.

You could use organic dirt mixes like Fox Farm Ocean Forest, the only thing about it, is that the nutrients deplete after 3 weeks/a month, and you can start adding other nutrients, but they would have to be made into a tea and that's time consuming.

Dont forget to pick up some Maxicrop LIquidSeaweed for foliar feeding, it's cheap and the return on investment is amazing.

P

ProGroWannabe

If ya don't wanna mess with brewing your own, Earth Juice is some pretty good shit. I've been running it for a couple years now and like it.

I AM thinking about going to homemade teas, but I'm still kinda "on the fence". It's hard to break away from something you've learned to be successful with, ya know.

G

Guano

PGW - I hear you on the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule.Earth Juice is fantastic stuff & I still use it,but I also feed with guano tea's.I don't have a strict feeding schedule so I feed mainly thru tea but for a diverse diet they also get some Earth Juice.You might want to try giving a few "test plants" some base tea (EWC,kelp,molasses) between EJ feeds.I was using EJ when I started messing with the tea's & haven't stopped using them since.
The teas just keep my plants so happy & healthy I could never stop using them. :flower

I

iagainsti

i used earth juice for a while, just couldnt get over its smell. do you guys do anything about that, or just grin and bear it?

G

Guano

EJ doesn't bother me at all...now peruvian seabird guano I will NEVER get used to,but its great stuff & a little molasses helps w/smell.

P

poutpup07

lmao...peruvian seabird smells rechid! i use that and some high phosphorus batguanos along with a "all purpose" or veg guano plus pirahna, tarantula and some other stuff nirvana, colossal bud blast....i was thnking of how to eliminate some of the advanced but i did a test run on two plants with just the teas and no advanced except for sweet leaf and my yields suffered...so im kinda with pro...i would dump em for the cost but i dont want to go backwards in yield!
guano you got any suggestions.......i dont necessarily "brew" them either....more let them steep in the water over night and then add whatever else i need to in the morning and let it sit till i get home at night and then wter the girls and boys!!!! anyways any input is greatly appreciated from anyone im always up for suggestions!
peace
pup
*i use all of these things..
peruvian sea bird guano, super swell bat guano, vegetative bat guano, colossal bud blast, pirahna,tarantula, sweet leaf, nirvana, big bud, bloom booster <advanced>,carbo load, iguana bloom, iguana grow, final phase

P

ProGroWannabe

Guano...I hadn't really thought about using the teas along WITH the EJ. Great idea, and a good way to slowly ease into the teas as well. [[You must spread some rep around before giving it to Guano again]]

i used earth juice for a while, just couldnt get over its smell. do you guys do anything about that, or just grin and bear it?

What ever do you mean, iagainsti? You don't find the smell to be just like rose petals?...lol

The only thing that really makes me grimace is Alaska Fish Emulsion. Ewwwww

G

Guano

I think my best results for yield were fed with FoxFarm - Peace of Mind Fruit & Flower mixed into the "soil" & fed with EarthJuice & base tea.
But I get bored with the same old routine so I always try new stuff.Sometimes it works & sometimes you fuck up your plants BUT either way you always learn something. :yes
I always bubble my EJ & the way it comes alive & starts foaming...it's the same as a tea & most of the ingredients in EJ are the same things you'd want in a quality tea.
Thats how I got started messing w/tea & molasses.

yea PGW fish emulsion is another stink I'd wouldn't miss if I never got to smell it again but I'd still rather drink a shotglass of fish emulsion than chew a tablespoon of seabird guano pellets if I had to :puke

P

ProGroWannabe

I think my best results for yield were fed with FoxFarm - Peace of Mind Fruit & Flower mixed into the "soil" & fed with EarthJuice & base tea.
But I get bored with the same old routine so I always try new stuff.Sometimes it works & sometimes you fuck up your plants BUT either way you always learn something. :yes
I always bubble my EJ & the way it comes alive & starts foaming...it's the same as a tea & most of the ingredients in EJ are the same things you'd want in a quality tea.
Thats how I got started messing w/tea & molasses.

yea PGW fish emulsion is another stink I'd wouldn't miss if I never got to smell it again but I'd still rather drink a shotglass of fish emulsion than chew a tablespoon of seabird guano pellets if I had to :puke

....drink a shotglass full of fish emulsion..IDK about that...lol

Smoketastic...Guano has this organic thing down. I'd heed whatever advice he gives ya.

As for techniques...it depends on several factors. Like Zoo asked, how many lights are you running, and how are they positoned? This answer will allow us to be much more specific with an answer. For instance, will you be surrounding plants with bare bulbs hanging from the ceiling, or will you be using a standard reflector above the plant canopy? Two TOTALLY different approaches to lighting your plants. Both work well, but require different plant arrangements.

Throw us a couple more details, and we can offer more specific help.

P

poutpup07

can we say thats enough to gag a maggott! those are some rank smells....... do you guys know of a way to make the "teas" that are brewing smell a little less as i really cant have stinky buckets of stuff bubbling away in the corner...and there is no way i can really do it anywhere else in the house as i need ALOT of privacy as i am in pretty cramped quarters as far as neighbors and people living in my house......if i could get the smell down i might be able to use my walk in though...
thanks for the input
peace
pup

G

Guano

The molasses will take care of any nasty smells while bubbling your tea.

P

poutpup07

damn thats it? is there a certain amount to use per five gallon bucket? and also would a air stone attached to a air pump do enogh bubbling in the bucket? or would i be better off not using the stone and just put the pipe/tube under the surface and bubble it that way?
thanks guano this is all good info man i really appreciate it......also about foliar feeding...when you spray the ladies with a nutrient foliar spray are those nutrients available immediatley to the plants because they are absorbed by the foliage right away?
and if thats the case would ph matter then.....because the plants are absorbing the nutes via foilage instead.
sorry i get carried away
peace
pup

G

Guano

Use the molasses at 1 tsp to 1 tbsp per gallon...use the airstones,the longer ones work better...I've never had a need to foliar feed so I can't offer any advice on the subject.From what I understand it can be quite beneficial but also easy to burn if done incorrectly.

G

Guano

If ya don't wanna mess with brewing your own, Earth Juice is some pretty good shit. I've been running it for a couple years now and like it.

I AM thinking about going to homemade teas, but I'm still kinda "on the fence". It's hard to break away from something you've learned to be successful with, ya know.

excerpt from the molasses guide:

Molasses’ ability to act as a chelate explains it’s presence in organic stimulant products like Earth Juice Catalyst. Chelates are known for their ability to unlock the potential of fertilizers, and some smart biological farmers we know are using chelating agents (like Humic Acid) to allow them to make dramatic cuts in normal levels of fertilizer application.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ok, so I think we all agree organic nutes smell bad. I haven't found an organic nutrient that smells good (ok except for Sweet, it smells like sweet cough syrup). I really like Alaskan Fish fertilizer for a Nitrogen source, and have had good success with Roots Organic's HPK for flowering. I have been using HPK in conjunction with Jamaican bat guano and making a tea from that. Add 15-20 ml of Sweet, and I have found that to be a very good mix for flowering. But I do think that tea's are the best way to go for feedings.

G

Guano

also about foliar feeding
pup

Molasses is a great ingredient in foliar feeding recipes because of it’s ability to chelate nutrients and bring them to the “table” in a form that can be directly absorbed and used by the plant. This really improves the effectiveness of foliar feeds when using them as a plant tonic. In fact it improves them enough that we usually can dilute our teas or mix them more “lean” - with less fertilizer - than we might use without the added molasses.

Of course it is possible to use molasses as a foliar feed alone, without any added guano or alfalfa. It’s primary use would be to treat plants who are deficient in Potassium, although molasses also provides significant boosts in other essential minerals such as Sulfur, Iron and Magnesium. Organic farming guides suggest application rates of between one pint and one quart per acre depending on the target plant. For growing a fast growing annual plant like cannabis, we’d suggest a recipe of 1 teaspoon molasses per gallon of water.

H

Husbandnwife420

i use dutch master 1 with exalent results thay have every thing u need from start 2 fin works 4 me and organic soil u no and a couple other things depending on whats needed but experamantwith what works best 4 you and allways look 4 :bug not good:talking happy groin sorry got carried away as 4 the yellowing witgout more detales dont know but thise place is grate 4 good advice so post more detales and read read read:handshake ok peace out

Latest posts

Top Bottom