Original Haze (Purple Phenotype) x Northern Lights #2 from Authentic Genetics Seed Company grow journal

• Thread starter IamN2pot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IamN2pot

Long ago, in the land of windmills and tulips, the owner of AG Seeds (Todd) and I met. We were both refugees from the "war on drugs" being waged here in the US. Back in those days, 1994, I had the good fortune of being able to do a pheno hunt from some 115+ NL5 x Haze seeds. Most of the seeds, 100 of them, were gifted to me from Nevel with the stipulation that he could take cuttings from any pheno that was special. I also purchased a pac of 15 NL5 x Haze seeds right over the counter at Sensi Seed and that's enough info about that for now. The flower from that grow was already 'sold' to Arjan, owner of The GreenHouse Coffeeshop. I had been growing "Orange Bud" for Arjan for about a year at that point. A pheno from that grow was indeed special and quicky became a favorite of both myself and Todd. So between the 4 of us, Arjan Roskam, Nevil Schoenmakers, Todd and I, that pheno won a 1996 High Times Cannabus Cup for The GreenHouse Coffeeshop.

Fast forward about 30 years. Todd and I were chatting on the phone and he mentioned he had crossed some Northern Lights #2 with Haze and ask if I'd like to see how close he had come to that cup winning taste that we had loved so much, back when! "Why of course I'll grow out some of your seeds", I said. A few days later.... woohoo! So Todd, this one's for you brother!!!

...and for those reading this who don't know, this will be a journal of my first, complete hydro grow. I was and still am an 'earth' farmer. šŸ‘ If you want to laugh at rookie, green horn mistakes learning how to do everything wrong, from pH ping pong to starving my "training tomato" nearly to death, here is the link to that thread. A special shout out to my wonderful, patient, knowledgable and helpful teachers and contributers, @SweetLeafGrow , @steamroller , @CannaGranny , @Moe.Red , @Aqua Man , @Anthem just to name a few!!!

The plan is, (MURPHY, GO AWAY!!!,) to have 2, 4x4 tents growing out these babies. One, the tall tent, will be RDWC hydro and I'll be using Jack's 321 formula and feed schedule along with many tips and loads of guidance from my teachers. Depending on the M to F ratio I get when I can sex them, I'll devide them into hydro and supersoil evenly. No, this isn't any sort of contest between earth and hydro. The only compitition will be between me and myself trying to have a successful 1st hydro grow. The supersoil (just add water system, JAWS for short) is what I know best and will be my back-up, just in case I do something catastrophicly stupid.
My legal limit here in Colorado is 12 plants, 6 in bloom, so with that in mind.......

The tents are all setup, the daytime temps are getting warm enough, so last night it was time to wet some 12 seeds. Pictures are below and feel free to ask about anything in the setup, etc...

Original haze purple phenotype x northern lights 2 from authentic genetics seed company grow j

Original haze purple phenotype x northern lights 2 from authentic genetics seed company grow j 2

Original haze purple phenotype x northern lights 2 from authentic genetics seed company grow j 3

Original haze purple phenotype x northern lights 2 from authentic genetics seed company grow j 4

and lastly, here is some N2 fogponics. Hahahaha!!! ...eat you heart out @Moe.Red šŸ’” šŸ¤£ šŸ˜² šŸ™ƒ šŸ‘ ā˜®ļø THANKS MOE!!!!!! you've been a great help!!!
Original haze purple phenotype x northern lights 2 from authentic genetics seed company grow j 5

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Long ago, in the land of windmills and tulips, the owner of AG Seeds (Todd) and I met. We were both refugees from the "war on drugs" being waged here in the US. Back in those days, 1994, I had the good fortune of being able to do a pheno hunt from some 115+ NL5 x Haze seeds. Most of the seeds, 100 of them, were gifted to me from Nevel with the stipulation that he could take cuttings from any pheno that was special. I also purchased a pac of 15 NL5 x Haze seeds right over the counter at Sensi Seed and that's enough info about that for now. The flower from that grow was already 'sold' to Arjan, owner of The GreenHouse Coffeeshop. I had been growing "Orange Bud" for Arjan for about a year at that point. A pheno from that grow was indeed special and quicky became a favorite of both myself and Todd. So between the 4 of us, Arjan Roskam, Nevil Schoenmakers, Todd and I, that pheno won a 1996 High Times Cannabus Cup for The GreenHouse Coffeeshop.

Fast forward about 30 years. Todd and I were chatting on the phone and he mentioned he had crossed some Northern Lights #2 with Haze and ask if I'd like to see how close he had come to that cup winning taste that we had loved so much, back when! "Why of course I'll grow out some of your seeds", I said. A few days later.... woohoo! So Todd, this one's for you brother!!!

...and for those reading this who don't know, this will be a journal of my first, complete hydro grow. I was and still am an 'earth' farmer. šŸ‘ If you want to laugh at rookie, green horn mistakes learning how to do everything wrong, from pH ping pong to starving my "training tomato" nearly to death, here is the link to that thread. A special shout out to my wonderful, patient, knowledgable and helpful teachers and contributers, @SweetLeafGrow , @steamroller , @CannaGranny , @Moe.Red , @Aqua Man , @Anthem just to name a few!!!

The plan is, (MURPHY, GO AWAY!!!,) to have 2, 4x4 tents growing out these babies. One, the tall tent, will be RDWC hydro and I'll be using Jack's 321 formula and feed schedule along with many tips and loads of guidance from my teachers. Depending on the M to F ratio I get when I can sex them, I'll devide them into hydro and supersoil evenly. No, this isn't any sort of contest between earth and hydro. The only compitition will be between me and myself trying to have a successful 1st hydro grow. The supersoil (just add water system, JAWS for short) is what I know best and will be my back-up, just in case I do something catastrophicly stupid.
My legal limit here in Colorado is 12 plants, 6 in bloom, so with that in mind.......

The tents are all setup, the daytime temps are getting warm enough, so last night it was time to wet some 12 seeds. Pictures are below and feel free to ask about anything in the setup, etc...

View attachment 1336236

View attachment 1336237
View attachment 1336238
View attachment 1336239
View attachment 1336242

and lastly, here is some N2 fogponics. Hahahaha!!! ...eat you heart out @Moe.Red šŸ’” šŸ¤£ šŸ˜² šŸ™ƒ šŸ‘ ā˜®ļø THANKS MOE!!!!!! you've been a great help!!!
View attachment 1336243
Good shitā€¦ time to lose the training wheels and kick some ass brother

I

IamN2pot

Houston, we have lift off!!!!
IMG 20230305 110532

The Jack's 321 schedule has clones, seedlings and young plants using the Clone 15-6-17 at 1.1EC. My res is reading .8EC from the Clone I mixed up. Figured I can add more. My question is should I start them in the RDWC at .8EC and raise it over several days to the 1.1EC, or raise the EC right now to the 1.1EC that Jack's recomends and start them straight up in a 1.1EC solution?

I

IamN2pot

No answer to the question above, should I start with full "target" stregnth Clone nutes (1.1EC) or less than full stregnth and raise the EC slowly? Hmm?

Well, in the water garden I decided to use something less strong, .8-.9EC. I can always add more when/if needed. So I planted the first of up to 4 seedling into the hydro corals. There is another one coming up and I'll plant into the 2nd pot tomorrow. I hope that the top drip will work the way I think it will for getting the roots going. This water garden is all new to me. The seedling has at least a 1/2" of root coming out of the bottom of the seedling cube.

IMG 20230306 072842

IMG 20230306 081051 1

In the earth garden, I planted 6 of the seedlings last night. I am using both Roots Organic Lush and Paonia Soil The Bomb, 3 and 3 so far. I am using The Bomb's 50/50 peat and coco formula and watering with 6.3ph'ed tap water. There are still 4 seeds that haven't sprouted yet. If all 4 sprout, I'll put 2 more of them in earth and 2 in the water garden. I'll cross that bridge if'when I need to. Here are the 6 seedling in their pots and the remaining 4 I hope sprout.

IMG 20230306 082605

IMG 20230306 082547

I

IamN2pot

Alot has happened over the past 10 days. Plants have grown, I had a head cold and was out for a few days. The airpump died and I had to replace. Kind of glad it died. It was within Amazon's 30 day return and it was LOUD!!! I replaced it with another, much quieter, linear airpump.
Several of the seedling were put into the hydro system to early and have suffered from drowning. Thanks @Aqua Man for your help. I read between the lines of your reply "they should be ok" (in another thread) to mean I could do better, so I did. šŸ‘ No more water getting on the foliage! That said, the damage had been done but is now growing out of the stunted and wrinkled leaves that were constantly wet with nutes water from the round squirter dripping on them. What was I thinking???

Today I want to look at the roots of a pair of juveniles that have root long enough to reach the water level and was surprised to see the part of the root that is into the water is not white, like the upper part that isn't in the water, but a tanish brow color. One plant has one much darker root. I'm guessing that could be trouble??? but if it is, I have no clue what it is or how to treat it. So here are pictures, tops and bottoms for seeing what, if anything, looks wrong. THanks!!!

Oh yes, over the past week:
pH - 5.7-5.8
EC - 0.9
Water Temp - 68*-70*F
Air - 65*-81* Night/Day
RH - 80% - 30% N/D
Jacks "Clone" nutes

IMG 20230316 101539

IMG 20230316 095749

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom