Osa Nutrient Additive Out Of Rhode Island! Is 5 Gallons Worth $4700?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Power OG

Power OG

Its not saying its a potassium silicate anywhere on bottle . And it could have started as potassium silicate and was broken down in lab to orthosilica acid.

F

FooDoo

Beside the ortho-silicic acid and its stabilized formulations such as choline chloride-stabilized ortho-silicic acid and sodium or potassium silicates (e.g. M2SiO3; M= Na,K), the most important sources that release ortho-silicic acid as a bioavailable form of silicon are: colloidal silicic acid (hydrated silica gel), silica gel (amorphous silicon dioxide), and zeolites.

Although all these compounds are characterized by substantial water insolubility, they release small, but significant, equilibrium concentration of ortho-silicic acid (H4SiO4) in contact with water and physiological fluids

Im going to read more into this but seems that all "cheap" silicas are actually stabilized orthosilic acids and can be labed as such.

Nutrient company's are taking lessons from big biz on labeling strategies. Taking something and renaming it something else to say its better and different

Source

Biological and therapeutic effects of ortho-silicic acid and some ortho-silicic acid-releasing compounds: New perspectives for therapy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3546016/

F

FooDoo

Its not saying its a potassium silicate anywhere on bottle . And it could have started as potassium silicate and was broken down in lab to orthosilica acid. View attachment 537599

Potassium silicate releases orthosilic acid. So if the label has both those ingredients, one can conclude that's where it was derived from

Last edited:
F

FooDoo

The most important sources that release ortho-silicic acid as a bioavailable form of silicon are: colloidal silicic acid (hydrated silica gel)

Colloidal silicic acid is when the silica falls out of the water and forms a goop at the bottom of your bucket or container. They use this goop for making the soles of shoes and such. Most people assume their bottle has gone bad and toss it.

However, since its the most bioavaible form of Si. You're prob better off taking that gel and rubbing it onto the stem to absorb. And it wouldn't cost $1,000 a gallon

Here's colloidal silicic acid for $40 a quart

collodial_1754_detail.png

http://www.smslabs.com/store/pc/1000-ml-Colloidal-Silica-p157.htm?gclid=CMfUo-LoiMgCFQiNaQodJUQKHg

Maybe apply once a week for veg and first few weeks of flower.

Last edited:
Quantrill

Quantrill

Power OG said:
Potassium silicate has to be broken down into silica acid which could take 48-72hour

where do you get this 48-72 hour reaction rate info?

F

FooDoo

where do you get this 48-72 hour reaction rate info?

Just stoner logic. He's probably repeating something someone else told him. It's not accurate tho. None of what he said is actually fact.

Potassium silicate k2o3si doesn't get "broken down" in a lab to form orthosilicic acid. It actually gets "built up" by simply adding water and dropping the K2 and taking h4 and o1 making h2sio4

Potassium silicate
ImagesHandler.ashx

orthosilicic acid
AA4E85C2-AB18-4C9E-87F9-FA7526873E33.png

Last edited:
MGRox

MGRox

Yea they (aptus) start with potassium silicate. Though the patent (for aptus) is entirely focused on how to create and stabilize the Si into a micro-colloidal state; which they ascribe as the key for availability. So, the value with the product is more about it's "method of delivery" (if you will) and availability as opposed to the specific ingredients used.
(older post after reading patent in another thread: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/aptus-test.69913/page-8#post-1431327)

I suppose the K value, for the rate being added, is pretty insignificant with this type of Si too. Whereas it comprises a "decent" amount of other Si additives.

just hope to help

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

I watered my seedlings with it earlier for the first time. They definitely liked it. There is absolutely no denying that. Only way to really tell what is going on within the plant is by taking leaf samples and scoping them. I went ahead and fed all of the seedlings with it. I couldn't mix up a full gallon bc it would have been a huge waste. So I just made up a quart bc that's all they need to be soaked.

symbiote420

symbiote420

It is a damn shame how the growing community is preyed upon! Most of these nute companies are ripping you off like a mofo, they all have to find a source (manufacturer) and there are only a small list of suppliers around the world. I got suckered not too long ago when I bought some RAW Cal/Mag, a 20z pack cost me $14 then I found a local supplier and they charge $4/lb for the same or similiar product...... so I got charged $14 for 50 cent worth lol

So my question to all that want to try new products, does this product make that much of a difference to warrant that type of price? Are your yields and quality that much more superior to ppl who don't use it? Do some research because these companies are out there and they've learned the formula for getting your hard earned. AgSil cost me $12 and it does the job for me! The top secret ingredients that they usually added are molasses, kelp, growth hormones, etc that are relatively cheap till they put a sticker with a brand name on it and mark the prices up to some ridiculous #.

Everybody wants in on the cannabiz now, do your research so you don't get suckere........ that goes for equipment, seeds, or anything else related to cultivating cannabis.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

It is a damn shame how the growing community is preyed upon! Most of these nute companies are ripping you off like a mofo, they all have to find a source (manufacturer) and there are only a small list of suppliers around the world. I got suckered not too long ago when I bought some RAW Cal/Mag, a 20z pack cost me $14 then I found a local supplier and they charge $4/lb for the same or similiar product...... so I got charged $14 for 50 cent worth lol

So my question to all that want to try new products, does this product make that much of a difference to warrant that type of price? Are your yields and quality that much more superior to ppl who don't use it? Do some research because these companies are out there and they've learned the formula for getting your hard earned. AgSil cost me $12 and it does the job for me! The top secret ingredients that they usually added are molasses, kelp, growth hormones, etc that are relatively cheap till they put a sticker with a brand name on it and mark the prices up to some ridiculous #.

Everybody wants in on the cannabiz now, do your research so you don't get suckere........ that goes for equipment, seeds, or anything else related to cultivating cannabis.

I've been wanting to chime in on this thread too...silica isn't even an essential plant nutrient, OSA seems like a borderline scam...it's definitely offensive to those of us who care enough about this plant and this industry to take it seriously; Hopefully this is the peak of all this bottled nutrient bullshit. I've been pulling hard for years without added silica, I don't get PM and I don't have bug problems...I pay .10-.25 cents a gallon for the nutrients I use, the organic crops actually eat organics so they don't even cost a thing other than the time it takes to turn the compost.

It seriously hurts watching people sell something like this...it's straight up robbery...but then again if you're all about the instahype, having a bottle of OSA will def get you some respek.

F

FooDoo

Fuck it. It's only $90 to try it. Take my money osa28! Lol seems like all the big player on ig are rocking it

I don't blame osa, I hold us responsible. We just blatantly pointed out hos big of a scam this is and then our own member says "hey I'm getting ripped off weeeee let's buy it anyway herp derp"

You got goo, logic, and power peddling this shit onto everyone of you guys. We are our own worst enemy. OSA is smart for trying to take advantage of morons and milk them for every penny they got while they can.

Just like herion. They don't even need to sell their own product, the users sell and advertise it for them. Osa28 doesn't even need to make an ad when you got Goo all over instargram telling people how amazing this product is without even knowing what it is

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

I completely agree with you guys on this bottled nute deal. Only reason why I'm not running just straight organic soil is because I like to tinker with nutrients to be honest. I won't be buying the full price bottle of OSA unless my yields and quality speak otherwise. This run I'm on now is more my style being organic. So I'm in my comfort zone on this one. If osa increases my yields on this run then I MIGHT throw down on the small bottle to give it some further testing.

I can assure you that the seedlings loved something about it. They were perked up and got a really nice boost it seems.

F

FooDoo

I completely agree with you guys on this bottled nute deal. Only reason why I'm not running just straight organic soil is because I like to tinker with nutrients to be honest. I won't be buying the full price bottle of OSA unless my yields and quality speak otherwise. This run I'm on now is more my style being organic. So I'm in my comfort zone on this one. If osa increases my yields on this run then I MIGHT throw down on the small bottle to give it some further testing.

I can assure you that the seedlings loved something about it. They were perked up and got a really nice boost it seems.

I've been googling benefits of foliar spraying for the last 48 hours, and honestly , there's plenty of guys that foliar sprayed nutes or aspirin and said the same exact thing.

It may have been more the foliar spraying itself then what was actually contained in the water that helped perc up those seedlings

Power OG

Power OG

I don't blame osa, I hold us responsible. We just blatantly pointed out hos big of a scam this is and then our own member says "hey I'm getting ripped off weeeee let's buy it anyway herp derp"

You got goo, logic, and power peddling this shit onto everyone of you guys. We are our own worst enemy. OSA is smart for trying to take advantage of morons and milk them for every penny they got while they can.

Just like herion. They don't even need to sell their own product, the users sell and advertise it for them. Osa28 doesn't even need to make an ad when you got Goo all over instargram telling people how amazing this product is without even knowing what it is
Hold up im in no way or shape peddling osa so check yourself. They sent me a free sample for one, yes im using it, yes im liking the results but in no way would i ever spend this type of $$ on any product, so i dnt know where you got your info but you're wrong bro, goo is also running a free sample, the sample will last me almost a year so i was trying to help people get there sample,when i started using this there was no prices available. Again let me be clear i wouldn't pay that kind of money for any product, but yes im definitely liking my sample and its a good silica. Doesnt warrant price tag.

F

FooDoo

Hold up im in no way or shape peddling osa so check yourself. They sent me a free sample for one, yes im using it, yes im likingwould i ever spend this type of $$ on any product, so i dnt know where you got your info but you're wrong bro, goo is also running a free sample, the sample will last me almost a year so i was trying to help people get there sample,when i started using this there was no prices available. Again let me be clear i wouldn't pay that kind of money for any product, but yes im definitely liking my sample and its a good silica. Doesnt warrant price tag.

When you keep telling people its amazing. And you keep telling people its better that potassium silicate because its broken down in a lab yet we proved it literally *is* potassium silicate with just water, then you ARE selling it.

Osa28 is with out a doubt the Truth, been using last couple of runs and there's a noticeable improvement. You can't compare potassium silicate to silica acid, no comparison. Potassium silicate has to be broken down into silica acid which could take 48-72hour, that's why anyone using a silica acid refuses to go back to using potassium silicate.
Positive Vibes

You said OSA is the truth. This is a lie because its bottle is completely misleading. Trying to make people beleive they are buying orthosililic acid and not standard potassium silicate to explain the insane price inflation.

You state you can't compare Ksi to silica acid yet we proved that's also wrong and that they are the same.exact thing.

You state Ksi takes 3 days to break down. That's also false chemical reactions take place immediately once Ksi hits h2o.

You saying aproduct is the truth is you backing it up. That means you are encouraging others to try it. Thus, you are selling/peddling their product. Just because you're doing it for free and not on commission doesn't change anything

Power OG

Power OG

When you keep telling people its amazing. And you keep telling people its better that potassium silicate because its broken down in a lab yet we proved it literally *is* potassium silicate with just water, then you ARE selling it.

You said OSA is the truth. This is a lie because its bottle is completely misleading. Trying to make people beleive they are buying orthosililic acid and not standard potassium silicate to explain the insane price inflation.

You state you can't compare Ksi to silica acid yet we proved that's also wrong and that they are the same.exact thing.

You state Ksi takes 3 days to break down. That's also false chemical reactions take place immediately once Ksi hits h2o.

You saying aproduct is the truth is you backing it up. That means you are encouraging others to try it. Thus, you are selling/peddling their product. Just because you're doing it for free and not on commission doesn't change anything
This is a grow forum, im just sharing my experience, im not telling anyone to purchase anything,not my place, what people do with there money is there business. I was simply sharing my experience and some how because you do not agree you tried to single me out. Not happening. Again im not pushing anything just sharing my personal experience and its definitely better than any potassium silicate product i have ever used. Still doesnt warrant the price tag. Buddha trees solar green power is also a great silica acid not sure on price. All im saying is companies send me a sample i want to share my experience with other growers and friends wether the results are great or horrible, so it's cool bro. Have a nice day.
Positive Vibes & Respect

F

FooDoo

and its definitely better than any potassium silicate product i have ever used.

That's the thing. It is a potassium silicate. And it's exactly like every other potassium silicate out there. Chemically speaking, there is in no way shape or form that one Si , four oxygen and 4 hydrogen would act any differently if it were in an aptus bottle, a protekt bottle, a osa bottle, or a Flintstones vitamins bottle

Top Bottom