Osa Nutrient Additive Out Of Rhode Island! Is 5 Gallons Worth $4700?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
On your website it says 8 ounces of osa makes 400 gallons...@ 90 bucks a bottle that comes out to .22 cents a gallon.

250 ml (8.4 oz) of fasilitor costs $250, and is concentrated enough to make 2500 gallons mixed, coming in at .10 cents a gallon.

I've seen your lab results and they state that you have more available silicon in your product than all the others. Ironically every product you listed, for being so similar in their Si content, have entirely different usage rates (2ml/gal for vitalize, .5 ml/5 gal for fasilitor, .5ml/gal for OSA). How is their any claim to your product being ("way") more concentrated or cheaper? And how is there any legitimacy to silica products that are all basically the same thing, but require completely different usage rates?

Fasilitor is 3ml/5gal...or 0.6 same as us actually. A 250ml makes about 415 gal. Compared to silicic acid products we have the highest concentration of active ingredient for the dose and the price. Run the math again you'll see.

Stalks

Stalks

@osa28 you said you were a hydro owner? I'm assuming you own hydro stores? What is your favorite nute line to sell (other than osa28 :p)? Is it the same line you use?
Also, any chance of there being a full osa28 line?

I love the slogan btw "a Ferrari for the price of a Benz"

One Flip

One Flip

I have deleted 2 posts in this thread so far.....people this is thcfarmer trolls are not welcome here.

if you think osa28 is expensive then dont buy it...and dont post here complaining...osa28 have been giving out 100s of sample bottles out for the past 2 months they are good people :)
OSA hooked me up with the quickness.. And that was before they popped up on the farm, so I really appreciate the opportunity to try out their product.. I also like how their popping up all over the place willing to answer questions. Good or bad.. I just hope the people that get freebies follow through with good side by sides so growers can decide if they want to add it to their gardens. I think @MakinGoo & @Power OG are some of the best at testing products.

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
what in the world makes this silicic acid so expensive? is it difficult to produce, or is it naturally occuring, and difficult to find? I believe it helps and adds yields and strength, but can anyone tell us from a scientific perspcetive as to why it costs over 1000 dollars for a small bottle? Id rather not do research myself if a fellow farmer can explain the price tag?

Also wehat else does it do besides helping with heat stress, increasing yields by a few grams a plant, and costing an arm and a leg?

It's definitely a bitch to make! Soil microbes usually do the work over long periods but our lab requires clean room environments with ventilation and certain materials handling. The pH makes it unfriendly with metal so it's all HDPE plastic equipment, etc, etc. Also we make in small 5 gallon batches to maintain purity and accuracy in formula. Def not simple as mixing potassium silicate powder in water!!

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor

Im going to read more into this but seems that all "cheap" silicas are actually stabilized orthosilic acids and can be labed as such.

Nutrient company's are taking lessons from big biz on labeling strategies. Taking something and renaming it something else to say its better and different

Sucks that we can't label everything...fertilizer laws! OR won't let us label with silicic acid, CA says it must be silicic acid! Every state has major restrictions so true it's partly a marketing thing but also a legal thing.

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
That's the thing. It is a potassium silicate. And it's exactly like every other potassium silicate out there. Chemically speaking, there is in no way shape or form that one Si , four oxygen and 4 hydrogen would act any differently if it were in an aptus bottle, a protekt bottle, a osa bottle, or a Flintstones vitamins bottle

You're right if the chemistry is the same... but it's not always. Most potassium silicates are K2SiO3. It's an ionic metal silicate versus silicic acid which is bioavailable with a neutral charge... hence it's ability to penetrate the cell wall.

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
Yea they (aptus) start with potassium silicate. Though the patent (for aptus) is entirely focused on how to create and stabilize the Si into a micro-colloidal state; which they ascribe as the key for availability. So, the value with the product is more about it's "method of delivery" (if you will) and availability as opposed to the specific ingredients used.
(older post after reading patent in another thread: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/aptus-test.69913/page-8#post-1431327)

I suppose the K value, for the rate being added, is pretty insignificant with this type of Si too. Whereas it comprises a "decent" amount of other Si additives. just hope to help

Yup this is exactly it thanks for the explanation!

Payingbills

Payingbills

We called the lab who did the report. They didnt test for Silicic acid! We encourage everyone to call Thornton labs in FL and speak with Steve Fickett. This OSA28 is BS and thats sure to come out in the near future. Donny from tru bloomz is robbing growers again, not there grow rooms this time but their hard earned cash dang!..... his puppet Rob from Aptus who got fired for stealing shit. Whats this industry coming too.

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

We called the lab who did the report. They didnt test for Silicic acid! We encourage everyone to call Thornton labs in FL and speak with Steve Fickett. This OSA28 is BS and thats sure to come out in the near future. Donny from tru bloomz is robbing growers again, not there grow rooms this time but their hard earned cash dang!..... his puppet Rob from Aptus who got fired for stealing shit. Whats this industry coming too.

@osa28?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Tell me you don't work for mills...tell me this industry isn't that big of a fucking joke

Top Bottom