Osa Nutrient Additive Out Of Rhode Island! Is 5 Gallons Worth $4700?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kweezy420

kweezy420

tried ordering a free sample and entered a code that takes off shipping cost.. still gotta pay 10$... Wtf?

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
We called the lab who did the report. They didnt test for Silicic acid! We encourage everyone to call Thornton labs in FL and speak with Steve Fickett. This OSA28 is BS and thats sure to come out in the near future. Donny from tru bloomz is robbing growers again, not there grow rooms this time but their hard earned cash dang!..... his puppet Rob from Aptus who got fired for stealing shit. Whats this industry coming too.

I just had a long conversation with Chris from Mills Nutrients today. I've known Chris for years and he's always been a standup guy. Mills is a legit company with legit products, and hell more supporters than us (so far). We have our own competitive hacks with each other but seriously, name calling and personal attacks are immature and completely unnecessary.

Whoever this is representing themselves as a Mills supporter, employee, whatever is NOT affiliated with them in anyway.

If you want to talk products, science, and growers, we are wide open for honest discussion. We've never shied away from that. But please let's take this off the playground and talk like adults.

THORNTON LABS... Silicic acid is notoriously difficult to work with. Most researchers agree there is no highly accurate testing protocol for any form of silicic acid. Our laboratory partner, Thornton Labs in Tampa, developed the only nationally accepted test for Plant Available Silicon. Thornton developed the procedure in partnership with AAPFCO, the organization that decides acceptable fertilizer label claims. The procedure is highly involved, taking five days to complete, compared with single day silica/silicate mineral analysis. This five day process mimics the same chemical mechanism plants use to absorb monosilicic acid—it is essentially a plant simulator! While it is acknowledged by any respectable silicic acid brand that accurate tests are impossible, this is the best we have!

Regardless of lab tests, the only thing that matters to us is grower results. If the product is working, we've done our job. If growers are unhappy with OSA/28 performance, then we've got work to do. We always welcome mature and legit feedback and dialog, even if we get heated and passionate sometimes. Bring it on!

The industry is changing dramatically, new companies and products are being conceived, and there is unlimited opportunity for people who are respectful, talented, and clever. We'd rather be that than name call.

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
tried ordering a free sample and entered a code that takes off shipping cost.. still gotta pay 10$... Wtf?

What's up kweezy... should be a $9 shipping charge. System was a little wonky the other day. We send a $60 sample that will mix about 200 gallons usually, just ask for you to handle shipping since that's not us. Order one up and I'll shoot you a discount code for future purchases.

Quantrill

Quantrill

here is a detailed paper on the AAFPCO approved test for soluble silicon in fertilizer materials.

A 5-day method for determination of soluble silicon concentrations in nonliquid fertilizer materials using a sodium carbonate-ammonium nitrate extractant followed by visible spectroscopy with heteropoly blue analysis: single-laboratory validation.

from the above paper.
Because of the chemical reactions of various Si compounds, such as potassium silicate (K2SiO3), magnesium silicate (MgSiO3), and calcium silicate (CaSiO3) to form soluble Si
prior to plant uptake, fertilizer, soil, and plant tissue, i.e., soluble silicon, is reported as elemental Si in %, mg/kg, or g/kg rather
than as monosilicic acid [Si(OH)4].

It is suggested that when analyzing liquid
Si fertilizer products for plant-available Si, either direct analysisafter mixing or a total Si method using a stronger solvent, such as HF (CAS No. 7664-39-3) be used (22).

T

toquer

So I'm doing the math and I've got a perpetual garden with 200 girls harvesting 36 plants every 5 weeks. I'm in soil and use nutes 2-3 times a week, compost tea in between. Roughly 45 gallons daily. Each plant consumes 15 gallons of nutrient in its lifetime. So that'd be 9ml necessary. Currently getting 6# on the 36 plants so 2.667oz per plant.
I use fasilitor with every nutrient feed until week 9. They go 11 in flower.
What might be the difference between your product and theirs? I think 0.94vs1.06? Does that equate to $/gr? I don't know my ml cost on fasilitor but I'm going to look that up, think I pay 107 for 500ml?I pay 182 for the 500ml so 0.364/ml or $5.46 per plant or 200 bucks a run or two bucks a zip.
I definitely know that the plant is doing better with then without the product.

Last edited:
Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

Day 21 for the 501st OG seedlings. Hit a calmag deficiency in the second week but caught it quick. Had to try and starve them to see if this medium acts more like coco or soil, and it's definitely acting more like coco. So I'm on top of the calmag now. Going into 5 gallons soon, hoping they will sex shortly.
20151005 065519

And this one is the one on the far left. Been watcthing it close, very vigorous and stinks like crazy already. It is half as tall as the rest and stacking the nodes really tight, so I'd this plant turns out to be female it would be ideal for me as long as it doesn't stretch like crazy. Got to find a manageable plant for the tent.
20151005 065551

organix4207

organix4207

There's one born every day .......I'm not one of them lmao

organix4207

organix4207

Unless product us super concentrate then the price is way to high. I'm also a believer in 3-1-2 and no boosters so that's just me .

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Worse fellas... someone else posing as Mills to start a fight. Yippee

Wow, conspiracy theory coming from the guy selling 4700$ bottles of silica, lol. Because anybody that may not find your product legit has to be a undercover troll from your competing company, right? You my friend, are pathetic and weak. Your product is snake oil and your attitude is unbecoming. Stop ripping people off.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Wow, conspiracy theory coming from the guy selling 4700$ bottles of silica, lol. Because anybody that may not find your product legit has to be a undercover troll from your competing company, right? You my friend, are pathetic and weak. Your product is snake oil and your attitude is unbecoming. Stop ripping people off.

they are giving free samples to folks

Last edited:
john martin

john martin

He said that the 'troll' was not working for Mills. Their product is cheaper than Fasilitor, isn't it?

Junk

Junk

Just stoner logic. He's probably repeating something someone else told him. It's not accurate tho. None of what he said is actually fact.

I realize you put that qualifier in there of "probably," I think might be, or it's possible that would be better. However, @Power OG is a solid guy. If what he said isn't accurate, I am quite sure he was under the strong impression that it was, & was simply attempting to help. No one is above repeating what someone else has told them. Just like many people are going to walk away from this thread repeating what YOU have said, because you seem to know what you are talking about.

"Stoner Logic" is a bit dismissive for a guy who is pretty knowledgable & helps everyone he can.

I've never seen him push a product. He simply said he has a trial of it & it appears to be working.

He can handle himself, & I don't wish to turn this into a flame war (I haven't read the entire thread either)

I find your posts, & his posts very helpful. & "Stoner logic" is not something I would use to describe either of you. Maybe it's a small clarification, but I felt like it was worth stating. & he's not selling anything. I just wanted to state my objection.

Back on topic, how many servings...or how long does this $1,100 bottle last? Because that is absolutely insane. I could get approximately 65 bottles of my current product, each bottle lasts me @ 8 weeks, so a product that expensive would have to last me about 10 years? Or the benefits would have to be amazing enough to offset whatever price difference one could settle on. But if an $1,100 bottle is going to last 10 years, or even 5, it seems like they would break it down into smaller bottles.

Junk

Junk

I know a thing or two, lets see what happens...View attachment 540684

Is that they size of the $1,100 bottle? That one in the middle there?

**Edit - @FooDoo, forgive this if it's a stupid question. But I know that some acne treatments use Salicylic Acid, which I've read in numerous places is a plant transport chemical. Would this be a cheaper alternative (or would it even work for what we want?)

Also, I can't find a website for these people? Anyone have one? Searching for Aptus OSA 28 I still can't find one.

Last edited:
Billyboat

Billyboat

Is that they size of the $1,100 bottle? That one in the middle there?

**Edit - @FooDoo, forgive this if it's a stupid question. But I know that some acne treatments use Salicylic Acid, which I've read in numerous places is a plant transport chemical. Would this be a cheaper alternative (or would it even work for what we want?)

Also, I can't find a website for these people? Anyone have one? Searching for Aptus OSA 28 I still can't find one.

Left bottle is a 5L of Aptus Fasilator, Middle is 1L of Power Si, Right is a gallon on OSA28. I figured it was pretty clear in the picture.

Trying searching OSA28, as it isn't an aptus product. I ordered directly from their website.

Junk

Junk

Left bottle is a 5L of Aptus Fasilator, Middle is 1L of Power Si, Right is a gallon on OSA28. I figured it was pretty clear in the picture.

Trying searching OSA28, as it isn't an aptus product. I ordered directly from their website.

Still couldn't find it...anywhere. I kept putting a space between the letters & numbers.

Osa28.com

They do sell it in smaller amounts so that answers my questions.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Stfu
they are giving free samples to folks

I guess that is all it takes for you to hop on board....Free stuff!!! I know who you vote for......

This product is snake oil. Given away for free or not.

You guys don't have to look much further for the lack of integrity coming from Osa rep. Here is the last thing he said in post #143
The industry is changing dramatically, new companies and products are being conceived, and there is unlimited opportunity for people who are respectful, talented, and clever. We'd rather be that than name call.

Then the first thing said in post #144
Worse fellas... someone else posing as Mills to start a fight. Yippee

So they would rather not name call, but the next post, in the next sentence, he name calls..........

In this business I look for integrity on top of quality of product, not how much free stuff a company hands out. That "free" stuff is written off as advertising, so really, just suckers like @caregiverken think this is free stuff. lol. I like you Ken, but wtf? Please be a little more respectful next time.

Top Bottom