Osa Nutrient Additive Out Of Rhode Island! Is 5 Gallons Worth $4700?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Wow, conspiracy theory coming from the guy selling 4700$ bottles of silica, lol. Because anybody that may not find your product legit has to be a undercover troll from your competing company, right? You my friend, are pathetic and weak. Your product is snake oil and your attitude is unbecoming. Stop ripping people off.[/
I guess that is all it takes for you to hop on board....Free stuff!!! I know who you vote for......

This product is snake oil. Given away for free or not.

You guys don't have to look much further for the lack of integrity coming from Osa rep. Here is the last thing he said in post #143

Then the first thing said in post #144

So they would rather not name call, but the next post, in the next sentence, he name calls..........

In this business I look for integrity on top of quality of product, not how much free stuff a company hands out. That "free" stuff is written off as advertising, so really, just suckers like @caregiverken think this is free stuff. lol. I like you Ken, but wtf? Please be a little more respectful next time.

LOL! Snake oil? Too funny from a person who has not even tried it.... Says a lot!

Junk

Junk

I guess that is all it takes for you to hop on board....Free stuff!!! I know who you vote for......
In this business I look for integrity on top of quality of product, not how much free stuff a company hands out. That "free" stuff is written off as advertising, so really, just suckers like @caregiverken think this is free stuff. lol. I like you Ken, but wtf? Please be a little more respectful next time.

Without getting into the reps behavior you find disagreeable, & I haven't read any posts that Ken wrote that you don't agree with. Strictly being logical here...

I don't see how giving away free samples is a bad thing. If it was a crap product, they probably wouldn't be handing it out for people to try. I'm not saying it's a great product, I've not tried it. But if their product was good, they would want to get it into the hands of as many people as possible, to create avenues for repeat sales. If it was crap, you would want as few people to try it for free as possible. Cable co's give you free premium channels for a while hoping you will like them & purchase them at full price. They hydro shop throws me freebies of stuff they think I will like, & I become a repeat buyer.

Free in this context means at no cost to the consumer. Many companies, everywhere, do it. Many retailers do it. Most of the Great White type products I use are freebies the shop throws in. Some of them have been very good. The current GH line I'm using was because they gave me some to try.

Standard advertising for a product this expensive would not be extremely effective. It seems like they would rather spend their money getting it into people's hands & let it do the talking.

I realize this probably sounds confrontational, I honestly don't mean it to be. But you seem to be basing the quality of the product on a common business practice. Really the only way to tell the quality of the product is to try it...no? The product may be shite, but I wouldn't call it snake oil until I'd tried it.

Whether or not it's worth the price, I wouldn't know until I tried it either. Initially, I thought a bottle was $1,100 which I found a bit suspect. But they sell smaller bottles, I don't know how far they go though.

I don't see how the samples thing says anything about the product. I gotten plenty of free samples that were great products. It seems like you are judging the product based on how they choose to spend their advertising dollars...no?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hey @Junk ! The little 250 ml bottle will make 416 gallons!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
If I purchase a product like agsil16h for example. I get a analysis on the package. Agsil16h lists Si and Si02 on the label, same with potassium.

Example for agsil16h:
This is a 1.6 weight ratio hydrous potassium silicate powder with 32% K20 and 52.8% SiO2 and 14.8% H2O.
0.7 grams in one gallon of water yeilds 98ppm SiO2 or 46ppm Si, and 49ppm K

What is the ppm of the Si, Si02, potassium, boron, molybdenum in OSA28?

Junk

Junk

If I purchase a product like agsil16h for example. I get a analysis on the package. Agsil16h lists Si and Si02 on the label, same with potassium.

Example for agsil16h:
This is a 1.6 weight ratio hydrous potassium silicate powder with 32% K20 and 52.8% SiO2 and 14.8% H2O.
0.7 grams in one gallon of water yeilds 98ppm SiO2 or 46ppm Si, and 49ppm K

What is the ppm of the Si, Si02, potassium, boron, molybdenum in OSA28?

I can't help you with that question yet, in a couple days I'll have a sample. What is the cost of the product you are talking about?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I dont think anyone is trying to deny that Osa28 might work,Maybe even work very well and better than other products available,I think the problem everyone has is at what price?$1100 a gallon/4600 for 5 gallons is alot of money and the results to pay that price would have to be huge,for me anyways.Their site says ''Drive a ferrari for the price of a Benz'',well 99.9% of us dont drive either one so we might not be the target market?
Its so easy to get caught up in the hype of something new that makes big promises but we have to remember that time will tell the true story,it always does.
I wish @squiggly would pop in here and give us some insight as to how rare or hard to make this product is and how beneficial it is from a technical standpoint Vs. what else is available to us,that would help us to maybe get a better understanding on their price point and the way it works from an independent source.

john martin

john martin

OSA28 has same application rates as Fasilitor, for less cost.

OSA28 also *seemingly* has a bare minimum of at least the same strength, if not slightly stronger than Fasilitor, based on what I have read here.

The developers of OSA28 take the time to respond to everything here as well as DEFEND one of their leading competitors (Mills) openly, and are sending out very expensive samples for free.

Companies with shit products don't give samples out nearly as often as companies with something to prove!

After reading this thread, I am surely ordering me my sample of this and looking forward to comparing to Fasilitor!

Last edited:
john martin

john martin

5 Liter Fasilitor at 1900 comes out to 380 per liter, times 4 liters (gallon) comes out to 1,520
4 Liter (1 gallon) of OSA28 comes out to 1,100

500 ML Fasilitor is roughly 230
500 ML OSA28 is 170

Both call for 3 tsp per 5 gallons, or .6 ml per gallon. Both can be had with promo codes / discounts.

At this point, with OSA28 being better deal price wise, the only debate should be performance...

Junk

Junk

I dont think anyone is trying to deny that Osa28 might work,

I think this guy is...

This product is snake oil.

& he might be correct, I just don't see how you arrive at that conclusion without trying it.

As far as the price,

In small/smaller bottles
Armour SI = $.10 per gallon
OSA 28 = $.29

Armour SI - 1 quart bottle makes 189 gallons = $18
OSA 28 - 4 0z makes 200 gallons = $58

So it is approximately 3x as much when dealing with smaller amounts. I don't find that so outrageous if results are there.

To make the same amount as the $4600 jug, Armor SI would cost $1008, venturing into the 4.5x more. Armor in bulk saves you more. But in looking at costs for my small operation, I seldom compare costs on what it takes to make 32,000 gallons. (although maybe I should lol)

There are the numbers. The only way to know if it's worth it for you is to try it, which they are letting you do. I don't really see the harm in that. I'll decide if I want to pay 3x more than Armor.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I can't help you with that question yet, in a couple days I'll have a sample. What is the cost of the product you are talking about?
I highly suspect you will not be able to determine the ppm of OSA28 unless getting a lab analysis.

Agsil16h:
I recall it being about 16 for 4 lbs of agsil16h.
https://customhydronutrients.com/ze...28-sio2-50-pound-bag-p-133.html?cPath=1_60_68
$169.00 for a 50 pound bag.

I dont think anyone is trying to deny that Osa28 might work,Maybe even work very well and better than other products available,I think the problem everyone has is at what price?$1100 a gallon/4600 for 5 gallons is alot of money and the results to pay that price would have to be huge,for me anyways.Their site says ''Drive a ferrari for the price of a Benz'',well 99.9% of us dont drive either one so we might not be the target market?
Its so easy to get caught up in the hype of something new that makes big promises but we have to remember that time will tell the true story,it always does.
I wish @squiggly would pop in here and give us some insight as to how rare or hard to make this product is and how beneficial it is from a technical standpoint Vs. what else is available to us,that would help us to maybe get a better understanding on their price point and the way it works from an independent source.

30% of the earth crust is silica, but something is missing. Is it the trace elements (boron, molybdenum) or the biology. This article is excellent. Here is where some of the data on silica was taken from and then used for marketing.
http://blog.nutri-tech.com.au/silica-the-hidden-cost-of-chemicals/

It is known via sap testing that Boron + silica increases calcium uptake. Remove the calcium with high boron and you will get boron toxicity.

When you micronize a nutrient input it becomes plant available. That way organic water insoluble nutrients can become insoluble yet plant available. Easier for microbes to process.
Allows a nutrient to be made to boost growth without harm to a plant's or the soil food web's health.
Since many water soluble nutrients boost plant growth but harm plant health or the biology.

Nutri-tech is micronizing the silica dioxide which is another source of silicon. They are touring excellent results. I highly suspect the product does not cost 1k per gallon.

Aptus manual uses a graphic that shows how boron is the truck for the calcium.
They are using eco ag/biologic farming techniques and applying to cannabis industry.
Health care instead of sick care, proactive instead of reactive.
Addressing the cause of problems with pests and diseases at the source.
Nutrition.

Going off soil testing. Many soils are lacking these elements.

Other sources are Comfrey leaf and also if my memory serves me right, horsetail contain bioactive silicon.

organix4207

organix4207

They can charge whatever they want ......right ? We do live in a democracy.
If it is 100 × the price of a competitors product but 200× more concentrate then it's not really more $$ now is it ?
How does the concentration rate compare to other products out there ?
I work in the golf industry , some of our fungicides are stupid expensive but ultra concentrated! !! So it all works out in the wash

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I know a thing or two, lets see what happens...View attachment 540684

This product is snake oil. Given away for free or not.

You guys don't have to look much further for the lack of integrity coming from Osa rep. Here is the last thing he said in post #143

Then the first thing said in post #144

So they would rather not name call, but the next post, in the next sentence, he name calls..........

I'm a sucker for trying a free sample of a new product ?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
When did we as growers forget that what our gurlz do is a genetics things. You can cram all the miracle products in the worlds down their throats but they wont yield anything beyond what the DNA in any particular strain will allow. Miracle products "CAN NOT" change the genetics of a strain.

Personally I am still waiting for the plastcic bottle that will have my gurlz germ, grow, water, chop and trim themselves and a bonus would be a new and improved model that will jar itself as well. Oh yea, then the following year they will be able to breed themselves as well!!!! :p Geesh

symbiote420

symbiote420

I used horsetail tea to beat PM last year, completely eradicated it from my garden and I didn't even have a dehuey in there..... come to find out it's choke full of silicic acid too! I still have lbs. of it around here that I've finally found a new use for. I'm a cheap s-o-b lol but I still might get me a sample to try out myself one day just for the hell of it though.

john martin

john martin

For just regular potassium silicate, check out 'armor kote' by grow more. Super deal.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I'm a sucker for trying a free sample of a new product ?

I can't answer this, and I am sorry I called you a sucker. From what I have seen on the boards our not a sucker, and in fact a smart guy.

Everybody likes free shwag, can't blame you there. My point was nothing is free. Just because they are giving away free samples doesn't mean they are free. The cost is either written off, and less taxes go into the system, or, they are adding in the cost to their 4700$ bottle price tag. Nothing is free, everything has a cost.

I really don't understand this product. Yes it's micronized, and quickly absorbed. However, does anybody in the history of their grow career's remember a time where they needed emergency silica? Silica that had to be up-taken right away? Maybe in hydro systems, I can see that. Not in soil, especially in outdoor plants grown in soil. If you need emergency silica, then your nutrient regimen is suspect.

As far as giving out free samples go.....You guys realize its marketing right? Every company does it right? Ever been to a Max Yield Hydro Show? I fill my truck to the brim with free shwag from those events. It's standard practice in the cannabis community. Nothing special about it. They are not doing it for fun, they are doing it to get the name of the product out to the market. The more people that recognize the bottle, the more people will buy. Doesn't matter if it works or not, people gotta have the new craze/hype. Lets not get carried away and start calling these people Robin Hood.

For the record, I am not saying giving out fee shwag is bad either. It just doesn't change my opinion on a product. In fact, I pay huge bucks for my fertilizer regimen, and wish they gave out free samples.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom