Osa Nutrient Additive Out Of Rhode Island! Is 5 Gallons Worth $4700?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

TBH one thing we have to remember is science is still novice when it comes to how mother nature does thing or how things work in soils and in plants ,, Science is always correcting there findings continuously,,
But there is also PH Ranges that concern me tremendously specially for the mono sillicic acids to actually be absorbed by the plants Could this very well be why Zinc, Iron , and some other Key nutrients get locked out in order for it to be absorbed TMU PH has to be in the range of 8 to ionize .. and be absorbed by the plants its things like this that concerns me about it all
Osa i am not here to slam your product or anyone elses i think i do have good points ,,
And for the ones that do not bump up there ph when they spray there plants
to 8.0 your doing fuck all for the plants but giving them a bath and money being evaporated away or poured down the drain
People have to realize there is a cobiatic relationship with silica and living soil and yes PH fluctuations as there are good microbes and bad microbes in all PH ranges to make it 360 degree carbon cycle
but again its working hand in hand
now 90 percent of all store bought soils have enough Silica and Magnesium for that matter to take care of most plants specially our short seasoned Herb .
Now what i do not understand being ok were using DWC 5,6 ph range Guess what the sillicic acid is not going to do nothing this is what companies do not want you to know
were growing in soil Chem based ,, again ph 6.5 - 6.8 Guess what Silliicic is not going to work that is why were only seeing 0.5 percent Sillica in leaf matter makes sense ??
Cause plants never ever absorbed any in the first place how can it when ph is totally out of range remember the magic number 8.0 ph our beloved plants are acid loving plants not Alkaline if we were to run our soils or any medium in the range for mono to actually activate we would see micronutrient issues out of our ass as well as some Macro lock outs ..and with most people seeing the isues they will gung ho start adding more cal mag and go even further to the Dark side if that makes

PS: if i was to say tomorrow with documented grow stating holly shit peeps i seen 75 percent gains in yield ,, and only thing i did was purchase tube of bee's 10,000 bee's the hum from them must of sent some frequency waves to my plants ???
How else can i explain 1000 watt hid yielding me 8 pounds dry
You're off on the theory of silicic acid being useful or available at the magic PH of 8. When silicic acid climbs in PH close to 8, it forms long chain polymers and becomes too large for 'root follicles" to absorb. In the range of 5-6.5 silicic acid will remain in a smaller molecular form. I've personally witnessed the absorption and differences in the plants by mere observation. It's not exactly affordable as a magic additive..but indoors under HID's and building it up in plant cell walls early makes a difference.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

What % silicic acid is osa28? And how is it different than this () product (besides containing molybdenum, zinc, and boron)?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I see what you're saying about the si content. Allow me to rephrase the second part of my question:
Are there different effects from silicic acid and salicylic acid?

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I see what you're saying about the si content. Allow me to rephrase the second part of my question:
Are there different effects from silicic acid and salicylic acid?
yes 2 totally differnt animals. Salicylic acid activates SAR which is why alot of people including myself crush up 1 aspitin and feed it to my plants monthly..Silicic acid is plant avaliable silicon. if u google "Salicylic acid cannabis" u can read about all the effects that it does that people describe it doing for their ladys..u can also google "Aspirin water" and read a bunch more info.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Oh cool, I did the aspirin thing a while back. Here I am thinking salicylic is some other form of silicon. Thanks for clearing that up.

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
yes 2 totally differnt animals. Salicylic acid activates SAR which is why alot of people including myself crush up 1 aspitin and feed it to my plants monthly..Silicic acid is plant avaliable silicon. if u google "Salicylic acid cannabis" u can read about all the effects that it does that people describe it doing for their ladys..u can also google "Aspirin water" and read a bunch more info.

What he said!

MrBlah

MrBlah

So... I found this on eBay: It seems to be this professional grade product. It's a fuck load more concentrated that what you claim and it's cheaper per gallon by a long shot...

Seems amusing to me. You guys are just another diluted and marked up product. Like most other cannabis fertilizers.

Quantrill

Quantrill

lmao

SST

Any ideas on how they are claiming to stabilize their silicic acid product? PEG, Choline Chloride?

On your label, on ebay, you have confused the silica(SiO2) with silicon(Si)

MrBlah

MrBlah

lmao

SST

Any ideas on how they are claiming to stabilize their silicic acid product? PEG, Choline Chloride?

I don't know much about the chemistry of these products. I can mix my own fertilizer salts, but I don't make fertilizers. So, I'm not sure what the point of that question was.

And my product? What are you talking about? Yes, these two look similar. What gives you the idea that it's mine?

Last edited:
DirtyBastard

DirtyBastard

lmao

SST

sst is an outstanding product, I purchase this for the farm at a fraction of the cost of said snake oil.

H2OING

H2OING

What he said!
@osa28 tell me about your "blue label" for hydroponics? Just purchsed after talking to your rep. My situation demands the two part. Anything special needed to know? Ive read/talked about mixing. What about real time use? Im chilled, 71*f, recirculate, maintain pH(5.8), change nutes every 7 days, aireated rez. Still offering the Deep6 samples?

Quantrill

Quantrill

Hey @eastcoastjoe saw this the other day on another thread too. Thanks for posting. These were done with the same test procedure for sure but I'm curious if this is analyzed dry or AFTER AgSil16 is mixed/diluted in water according to instructions. Haven't seen an answer yet and interested to know the soluble silicon levels of the actual application rates.

The 5 day test used is specifically for a dry product, like AgSil, so it's probably the best accuracy. However, AgSil only becomes active once it's mixed in water, either a solution or in the medium. I'm hoping someone has this test! Levels of Soluble Silicon in a product need to be calculated based upon application rates, not apples to apples.

Wollastonite for example in commercial agriculture costs between $300-400 per acre to apply each year--heavy equipment, transport, storage, etc--expensive for many crops, even though it is quite cheap for the product. Other products that can be sprayed (such as OSA/28) require far less resources and material to apply, even though the bottle price is higher. There are a lot of factors to compare product to product. It's a bitch for sure!

Ultimately, grower results matter more than anything. Anyone can tell a great story. We are only concerned with growers having measurable and consistent results that match the value of investment. If we don't do that, we failed.

Yeah I'm not as concerned about after reservoir mixing since the PPM is so low and I'm not sure that the 5day test would even give an accurate reading. My question was about AGSil16 being mixed in water to make a " liquid potassium silicate" solution...is this what was tested or was it the straight dry powder?

Also usage rates obviously matter. Something I haven't done yet is compare the numbers you have and seeing what a resulting PPM of the final solution would be. There's just so much about this silicon chemistry that is still unknown or questionable.

We haven't done a post-dilution test yet since no one seems to be able to perform it with any degree of accuracy. I'm looking for a university or lab that can actually look at specific molecule size in the finished solution, both after mixing and after certain periods of time.

Appreciate guys like you digging deeper into this stuff. We all need it!
@osa28
Here is a soluble silicon analysis on a concentrated stock solution of AgSil 16H. The stock solution was prepared by diluting 560 grams of AgSil 16h in RO water and bringing the final volume to one gallon. This calculates to a concentration of 3.6587% Si weight/volume (~3.37% Si weight/weight). As you see the results for the analysis says 3.25% soluble silicon using the same AAPFCO testing method.
Agsil stock concentrate soluble silicon analysis

Four pounds of AgSil 16H is about $36.00, so you can make a little over 3 gallons of stock solution that is 3 times as concentrated as 3 gallons of OSA28 that would cost you $3,300.00

pictures for those who don't like science.

100 1380
100 1379
100 1378
100 1377
Last edited:
Quantrill

Quantrill

Does it contain chloride? presumably from the acid needed in the formulation

If so, how much?

thanks

considering the bulk of the bottle is peg400 and likely hydrochloric acid(chloride ions), I'd wager that these ingredients provide for the perceived plant response. just a swag though.

because of the peg400, it does make a dandy foliar fertilizer for silicon, whereas foliar applications of potassium silicate dilutions do not actually increase silicon content of the plant. This is, in my opinion, the major advantage of any stabilized silicic acid over potassium silicate.

but for root applications, potassium silicate is, IMO, the better choice.

Do you think that is a very important point when discussing the efficacy of silicon fertilizers, motherlode?

Silimol contains 0.15% molybdenum as well.

They all have chloride in them too, but i don't see it on any of their labels.

The ingredient that makes them all better foliars than straight potassium silicate dilutions is the ~40% PEG-400.
OSA28 full analysis:
3.29% Chloride, 0.03% molybdenum, and 0.04% Boron
Osa28 full analysis

Fasilitor comes in at 8.7% Chloride (Cl2), 2.5% Calcium, 1.25% total Silicon (Si), 0.9% potassium (1.17% K2O) and 0.18% Boron.
Fasilitor full analysis

crickets?
@osa28

View attachment CUSTOM_HYDRO_334894 OSA28 public.pdf View attachment CUSTOM_HYDRO_334893 Fasilitor public.pdf
eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Thanks for all your research @Quantrill , stoner science seems to dominate the landscape in the cannabis world and I wish we had more educated people like yourself to steer folks in the right direction. It boggles my mind why people would pay obscene prices for nutrient additives, its plain crazy. I'm a agsil user myself and have always been pleased with my results.

shaggyballs

shaggyballs

I love me a good debate.....

I think the real deal is stabilized silica is the cats ass for ease of use, but your gonna pay for it!
Agsil powder is for cheap asses like me that are willing to do extra work to save money.
Using Agsil powder you may have to add more frequent applications, but looking at the charts Quantrill provided you should not.

Bottom line here and I believe Quantrill was saying this all along:
If stabilized silica is easier to absorb by plants show me the science.
I think we all have to conclude that stabilized silica is highly compatible with other products and extremely easy to use.
Now here is where one must decide if he/she is willing to pay for convenience, many are willing as there is a 7-11 on every corner that even cheap asses like me will patronize when convenient.
If I am wrong show me the science.
Like most hydro store products stabilized silica may have some hidden features that even Custom Hydro Nutrients did not test for.
Not picking on any 1 type of stabilized silica product here as I have heard similar things about most of them.

Hey Quantrill do you know if Custom Hydro Nutrients did any tests for Phyto-hormones and such?
I would like to see the test result for hormones due to the fact that the results some users are claiming seem like the effects of hormones..... just my opinion here!

Peace to all
Shag

mandalaman

mandalaman

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but is OSA/28 anything besides potassium silicate solution suspended in PEG?

Latest posts

Top Bottom