other coco options!

• Thread starter sour power
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sour power

sour power

hello fellow farmers.im thinking of using coco on one of my next grows but i cant get canna coco or the nutes that zoo use's.i can get my hands on biobizz coco,grotek coco,and botanicare coco.as far as nutes i can get floranova,Gh,foxfarm,botancare pbp,AN,humbolt,BC.need some advice and experinced people with thses coco's and nutes with these coco's.thanx in advance peace!

D

dr.roots

hello fellow farmers.im thinking of using coco on one of my next grows but i cant get canna coco or the nutes that zoo use's.i can get my hands on biobizz coco,grotek coco,and botanicare coco.as far as nutes i can get floranova,Gh,foxfarm,botancare pbp,AN,humbolt,BC.need some advice and experinced people with thses coco's and nutes with these coco's.thanx in advance peace!

I have used the botanicare coco and also the B'Cuzz coco both are GREAT! The botanicare could use more perlite due to it being so fine. the b'cuzz coco can be used right out of the bag. Both are neutral and clean to use right away.

As far as nutes go, I have used AN and House and Garden nutrients. Both great, but you get more flavor out of AN. Faster growth with H&G.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with GH 3 part. Only use the Micro and Bloom with some botanicare Calmag and your SET. Bloombooster = liquid kool bloom and powder koolbloom. Also Hydrozyme and you will be growing very nice plants :) (save some money too)

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hey SP, great choice on asking before buying. In my experience as of late, Sunleaves coco,EZ coco,Empire orgaincs coc, I had to flush the crap out of because of high PPM new. I now swithched to Bcuzz coco with twice the growth but I did mix 25% perlite to speed up my wet dry cycles but you did not list that as a option. I have heard good things on the Botanicare coco. I use PBP grow and bloom, Liquid karma , hygrowzyme and calmag-plus. I am looking at the new CNS17 coco formula from Botanicare. RB

sour power

sour power

good info thanks.anyone else with some ideas or experience?

S

Small Potatoes

I have used the Botanicare Cocogro for quite a while until my local shops stopped carrying it. Go figure why. One of my grow shops is carrying Coco Tek (by Gen Hydro) instead, and this product is not nearly as good. It's not bad, but it takes a lot more washing.

The other grow shop has the BioBizz. While a little more expensive, I have heard nothing but good things about it. I will be changing over to it once my current stockpile is gone.

Got to love the coco man :) Good stuff.

Small P

S

Small Potatoes

i have a question i just recently started growing a different strain and im 30 days in flower.im noticing some of my pistills are turning brown reddish color.thr other strains ive grown this never happened 30 days in flower so i was wondering if these plants might have gotten pollinated in some way?i dont see no balls on any of my plants in the garden but i still have to ask.is this normal for some strains to do this?

It can be an indication of pollination, yes. But I have noticed sometimes that my females nearest to my circulation fan will have their fan-facing bud's pistils turn brown. I think the fast moving wind dries them out and they turn brown and shrivel up. See if this is what is going on for you. I notice also, that some strains are more or less susceptible to this than others.

At 30 days, you should be getting fairly full bud sites, so this sounds about right for when this fan thing happens to me.

If it is the fan, then you should see a consistent pattern of browning with respect to your fan location, ya know. If you don't see a pattern, start looking for nanners, hehe. uggh.

Hope this helps :)

Small P

J

Jalisco Kid

Texture wise Empire organics was the best. long hair or the chunky version. Last batch I got bugs my local pest guys could not id. Called the owner he suggested spinodad. A whole lot of money later(did not even knock them down) I placed 4-5 calls none were returned. I had to run poison through my sys. Had to shut down my sys for 2 weeks.
All the other stuff I have seen is way to fine, I believe hydrofarm has a chunky version out.For small containers pith is ok but it compacts too much in bigger containers. JK

S

SCC

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey SP for what it's worth both BioBizz or Bontanicare have great coco, the loose bags work best for me as they are already treated, also it's always safest to stick with biobizz nutes for there coco, and visa-versa, just to keep thing equal, and also it gives you a real good baseline result then you can experiment!

G

Grendelkhan

I have always been very happy with Canna Cocco. Its has always been very clean and I have had problems with others cocco not being as clean in the past. I have never had a problem with Canna and have been using it for the last 3 years. Now having said that I have heard in the last couple months that Bio's Cocco is suppost to be very clean and consistant. I would sick with the bigger companies at the very least.
Peace.
Gkhan.

S

saltr

Very fortunate that my local store carries Canna coco. As far as nutes, you said Botanicare is accessible; I've been using (half guano, half) CNS17 grow/bloom with great results. pH is more stable with the CNS than other BC products.

G

greenthumb

as an added bonus you can use coco 3 times in 2 different ways!.
once as new and fresh after use you can wash it and use it again. then you can start a compost heap with it! the compost it makes is brilliant plus its a good place to dispose of stalks and fan leaves.
and because of the micro herd that is present it starts the composting process quicker.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a friend with a nursery that makes Intrepid.

http://www.coco-coir.com/

Have switched all our soil grows to this now and loving it. Real lucky to have him just a mile away and bulk rate of $100 per yard.. Anyone in Wash or Canada close let me know and i can set you up for bulk.

D

DIAMOND MOFO

Texture wise Empire organics was the best. long hair or the chunky version. Last batch I got bugs my local pest guys could not id. Called the owner he suggested spinodad. A whole lot of money later(did not even knock them down) I placed 4-5 calls none were returned. I had to run poison through my sys. Had to shut down my sys for 2 weeks.
All the other stuff I have seen is way to fine, I believe hydrofarm has a chunky version out.For small containers pith is ok but it compacts too much in bigger containers. JK

if you were running a sealed room did you try a high level CO2 kill?

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Been using Empire coco for years and never had any bug or EC issues.. Sounds like your using coir fiber? Dont see how bugs could retain in a dry compressed block? Sounds more like Springtails to me, or root mites... You have animals? Carpet? You probly have springtails.. Dont think its from the coco..

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I use hydrofarm coco and i have had no problems. I innoculate it with great white and a bit of calcium and mag before planting. As far as nutes there is only one company in my opinion when it comes to coco. Home and Garden. Van Zant, the owner of Home and Garden, Started bio bizz and Canna. Canna is actually manufactured in their facility. I use the full H@G line in conjunction with some AN additives (bud candy, big bud, overdrive, b-52, and nirvana.) I was using bud factor x too but it ran out and I am gonna give it a go with out to see if i notice a difference.

Top Bottom