Outdoor gorilla glue recipes 5 pound plant

• Thread starter Kevinkellog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Any nutes on the hydro market u recommend? Hard finding online ones without it!

Look into green grow, cream of the crop, roots organic, blue planet - go onto www.buildasoil.com they have tons of stuff. Honestly, it's pretty late in the game to switch it up..you might just want to continue with Flora nova until the end and start with true organics next go round..

Kevinkellog

Kevinkellog

Look into green grow, cream of the crop, roots organic, blue planet - go onto www.buildasoil.com they have tons of stuff. Honestly, it's pretty late in the game to switch it up..you might just want to continue with Flora nova until the end and start with true organics next go round..
Thing is I never buy FN I was just broke this year I usually run house and garden soil. That have edta? And I will prolly run some teas and change up I have a month left

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd use something like earth juice if you want to keep it simple and stay fully organic. Pure blend pro is organic too just not listed as such.

I just found this on the Botanicare website on the Q&A, someone asked if the EDTA in CAL MAG would hurt the beneficials, interesting read..

"EDTA is technically toxic to fungi, but has only been shown to act as a fungicide at extremely high concentrations exceeding 10,000 parts-per-million. Using enough Cal-Mag Plus to provide this level of EDTA would easily kill the plants before the fungi or beneficials would be effected"

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

I'd use something like earth juice if you want to keep it simple and stay fully organic. Pure blend pro is organic too just not listed as such.

I just found this on the Botanicare website on the Q&A, someone asked if the EDTA in CAL MAG would hurt the beneficials, interesting read..

"EDTA is technically toxic to fungi, but has only been shown to act as a fungicide at extremely high concentrations exceeding 10,000 parts-per-million. Using enough Cal-Mag Plus to provide this level of EDTA would easily kill the plants before the fungi or beneficials would be effected"

I dunno, Dr. Ingham would DEFINITELY say otherwise...she is the one who discovered soil food web and has done TONS of testing on soil fed with salt fertilizer vs. compost teas etc. I have read several of her books (which alone is an accomplishment since they are like all over the place) with very descriptive soil tests performed (with pictures) ...also, soil food web books by Jeff Knowles - true living organics by the Rev etc. Etc. Definitely state that salt fertilizer kill the fungual hyphe and dry out bacteria.

But yes, earth juice is good too and fairly inexpensive.

Bontinicare (as is general hydroponics, clonex, hydrofarm and sunlight) is owned by Monsanto. I try to avoid at all costs ;)

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

I dunno, Dr. Ingham would DEFINITELY say otherwise...she is the one who discovered soil food web and has done TONS of testing on soil fed with salt fertilizer vs. compost teas etc. I have read several of her books (which alone is an accomplishment since they are like all over the place) with very descriptive soil tests performed (with pictures) ...also, soil food web books by Jeff Knowles - true living organics by the Rev etc. Etc. Definitely state that salt fertilizer kill the fungual hyphe and dry out bacteria.

Bontinicare (as is general hydroponics, clonex, hydrofarm and sunlight) is owned by Monsanto. I try to avoid at all costs ;)

I usually make all my own top feed and teas

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Doesn't citric acid have the same effect on microbes as EDTA in soil? I read that somewhere just don't remember where.

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Doesn't citric acid have the same effect on microbes as EDTA in soil? I read that somewhere just don't remember where.

A LOT of things can destroy the microbe biomes. I haven't read anything about citric acid in particular myself though...

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

A LOT of things can destroy the microbe biomes. I haven't read anything about citric acid in particular myself though...

If you want to get nerdy - essentially, bacteria when placed inside a hypertonic solution, they will go through plasmolysis, water leaves the cells and growth of the cell is inhibited...funny am just reading about this in my microbiology class :)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If you want to get nerdy - essentially, bacteria when placed inside a hypertonic solution, they will go through plasmolysis, water leaves the cells and growth of the cell is inhibited...funny am just reading about this in my microbiology class :)
View attachment 898260

Im sure you know a hypertonic solution is just a solution with a lot of solute in it whether that's EDTA, Nitrates or any other salts, or anything that puts an osmotic pressure on the cell. The same as salting chopped up cucumber to remove liquid so it's more crunchy for my tzatziki lol.

All I'm saying is we have our greens soil profile analyzed yearly for nutrient concentrations, soil ph and measure pests and beneficial microbe activity. And I've not in 12 years as superintendent killed my bennies by using moderate doses of chelated nutrients. Dehydrated them a little maybe.. lol, I dont know. But they're always workin when we check in on them.

Miked1988

Miked1988

What sugars do you recommend? I’ve been using FF grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom and I’m in almost week 5 of flower.. isn’t too late to add sugars?

Kevinkellog

Kevinkellog

What sugars do you recommend? I’ve been using FF grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom and I’m in almost week 5 of flower.. isn’t too late to add sugars?
Never too late in my opinion. Was just reading up on sugars myself here and I have been running bud candy which is pricey but has a shit ton of stuff in it. B’s, amino acids, all the sugars accept a minimal amount of sucrose, and micro nutes , But it does lack sucrose which is like the carbon building blocks of the plant while glucose is in there which is more of a metabolic enhancer. Anyway molasses is mostly sucrose. Which was my next point. It’s also great for the immune system of the plant. I’m super baked right now . Edibles will always get u

Kevinkellog

Kevinkellog

Never too late in my opinion. Was just reading up on sugars myself here and I have been running bud candy which is pricey but has a shit ton of stuff in it. B’s, amino acids, all the sugars accept a minimal amount of sucrose, and micro nutes , But it does lack sucrose which is like the carbon building blocks of the plant while glucose is in there which is more of a metabolic enhancer. Anyway molasses is mostly sucrose. Which was my next point. It’s also great for the immune system of the plant. I’m super baked right now . Edibles will always get u
I have noticed a salt build up with this crap line I’m using 🙄 😡 teas at this point help?

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Im sure you know a hypertonic solution is just a solution with a lot of solute in it whether that's EDTA, Nitrates or any other salts, or anything that puts an osmotic pressure on the cell. The same as salting chopped up cucumber to remove liquid so it's more crunchy for my tzatziki lol.

All I'm saying is we have our greens soil profile analyzed yearly for nutrient concentrations, soil ph and measure pests and beneficial microbe activity. And I've not in 12 years as superintendent killed my bennies by using moderate doses of chelated nutrients. Dehydrated them a little maybe.. lol, I dont know. But they're always workin when we check in on them.

Yes yes when speaking of hypo or hypertonic it is just relative to the cell...but I mean in theory (while this is my own understanding) this is probably how the cells cytoplasm shrinks when subjected to high salt fertilizer....EDTA is actually used to weaken gram-negative cells ionic bonds in the outer membrane...so it wouldn't be surprising that it would happen in soil as well..

Anyways, I am glad you have actual evidence that cheleated fertilizers don't utterly destroy soil health as I have often wondered...I use "synthganix" myself sometimes and sometimes just "organic" inputs. Living and learning :)

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

I have noticed a salt build up with this crap line I’m using 🙄 😡 teas at this point help?

You're pretty late into flower...like you have two or maybe three weeks left yah? Last week flush so maybe a week? You can always tea but some growers that I know will not tea so late into flower...

A

Alpo1327

Any nutes on the hydro market u recommend? Hard finding online ones without it!
I use mega crop by Greenleaf nutrients, they chelate all there nutrients with organic friendly amino acids , I have been using there line for a couple years and won’t use anything else , they have a complete fert, so no need for a 1-2-3 , they have a sugar/ vitamin source( sweet candy) pk booster( bud explosion) and a hardener( graviton) I also use there megazyme and Algae extract . There dry powder safe for organic and hydro, coco and soil. In my opinion there the top company out there , I have never burned a plant , had ph issues or and complications with mega crop , and I only grow monsters .

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

This is very true. You would have to overdose a plant with edta chelates and kill the plant before you kill off the micro herd. I like you use a bridge program as they call it here in the AG training (synthetic + organic inputs). Works great. I have also used just salts with edta and the soil tested was full of life after harvest.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I use mega crop by Greenleaf nutrients, they chelate all there nutrients with organic friendly amino acids , I have been using there line for a couple years and won’t use anything else , they have a complete fert, so no need for a 1-2-3 , they have a sugar/ vitamin source( sweet candy) pk booster( bud explosion) and a hardener( graviton) I also use there megazyme and Algae extract . There dry powder safe for organic and hydro, coco and soil. In my opinion there the top company out there , I have never burned a plant , had ph issues or and complications with mega crop , and I only grow monsters .

Isn't the whole point of mega crop a 1 and done solution?

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

This is very true. You would have to overdose a plant with edta chelates and kill the plant before you kill off the micro herd. I like you use a bridge program as they call it here in the AG training (synthetic + organic inputs). Works great. I have also used just salts with edta and the soil tested was full of life after harvest.

Mind pointing me to some data? I've read the Rev, Dr. Ingham and "teaming with microbes" book writers talking about salt based and EDTA fertilizers kill bacteria (and dry out fungal hyphea) in soil... All these living organics soi/no till/knf people that refuse to use "bottles" are off their rockers?

cruzin

cruzin

Have you experimented with taller pots to have deeper roots? Sounds like your soil is very balanced (due to your adds). Are you doing anything special with the soil after the harvest?
Ive heard that marijuana roots only go about 16" deep. If you can believe that (I dont know) So if true bigger around pots might be best

Top Bottom