Outdoor grow getting less and less smelly?

• Thread starter Ryanpeco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryanpeco

Ryanpeco

Hey folks. Growing a bunch of hemp here in vt...had a slight showing of powdery mildew on a few plants and did two spraying of 1to 9 part skim milk to water plus tabkespoon baking soda per galllon. Sprayed a week apart and everything is under control. Last week up here we had three days of frost, and I lost about 100 plants, a quarter of the crop. Gotta pay that tax to old man winter sometimes ; )
So my question..up until recentlynthe field was getting stinkier and stinker, and since a few days, the smell is hardly there. If I squeeze a bud it’s still smelling, but much less. Weird, yeah? Was it frost? did the milk baking soda treatment mess with things? For me, plants have always just gotten more and more smelly till harvest...so this year is odd because things are seemingly less and less smelly. Should I water more? Give some strong tea?

many thanks to any old timers with advice...take care y’all!

BudBogart

BudBogart

If your weather has cooled the plants will not release as much smell. At least mine always smell the most during the warmest part of the day and during cold snaps, smell diminishes.

Top Bottom