Outdoor grow UK - Moby dick auto

• Thread starter Benjamin93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

Nice, auto right?
I was thinking of putting some photos outside but not sure they would finish very well over here. I imagine autos will smash it outside in the summer though, especially if it turns out like last year. Good luck bro. Looking good so far

CannabisJack

CannabisJack

I’m starting a new thread as my original one didn’t go to plan. My Durban poison autos got stunted by the unexpected frost so I’ve had to scrap them.

My Moby dick autos are growing very nicely and and I also have one girl scout cookies auto seedling.

I’m using a canna coco potting mix with some perlite and compost.
The bottles are acting as mini greenhouse covers for the night time and rainy days. I remove them every morning so the plants can get some fresh air and wind.

I’ve also planted a few tomato seedlings in as a method hiding the plants. As they grow together.
I literally just finished a Moby Dick grow. The high was very strong, the smoke was so cloudy/smooth, but gave me a headache once I started to come down from it. Happy growing man, keep us posted. I can’t wait to see the progress.

Benjamin93

Benjamin93

This cookies and cream auto is looking ok. Kinda gave up on it because it looked so mutated as a seedling but it’s actually grown into a nice little bush. Already starting to flower by the looks

605457CB 0A6B 46BC 8B39 AC5DE4382C8E
A0B551D5 B7B6 4A68 9395 52A06753DB54
Benjamin93

Benjamin93

I literally just finished a Moby Dick grow. The high was very strong, the smoke was so cloudy/smooth, but gave me a headache once I started to come down from it. Happy growing man, keep us posted. I can’t wait to see the progress.

Yeah I’ve heard it’s one of the strongest strains, and that’s why I chose it. I want high THC for the edibles I’m going to make with it.
Stay tuned

Benjamin93

Benjamin93

Nice, auto right?
I was thinking of putting some photos outside but not sure they would finish very well over here. I imagine autos will smash it outside in the summer though, especially if it turns out like last year. Good luck bro. Looking good so far

Yeah autos.
Photos are nice to grow but I wouldn't bother with them again in the uk unless I had some private land and a big polly tunnel. Once you hit that October weather it’s just gonna ruin the buds. Autos all the way from now on

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yeah I’ve heard it’s one of the strongest strains, and that’s why I chose it. I want high THC for the edibles I’m going to make with it.
Stay tuned
It’s the THCV that makes this strain a fan favorite without even them knowing why! Killer smoke man. I do enjoy them

London bud

London bud

Yeah autos.
Photos are nice to grow but I wouldn't bother with them again in the uk unless I had some private land and a big polly tunnel. Once you hit that October weather it’s just gonna ruin the buds. Autos all the way from now on
I had a weak attempt outside last year but there was fires on the field I used and the plant got burnt n destroyed.
I'm putting a few outside today, photos and like you say once it hits October I could be in trouble, we don't get 12hours of darkness till the start of September so I'm predicting they won't finish till into the beginning of November, I got 9/10 weeker. It's dodgy I know but I've got to many plants so I'm gonna give it a try. If I can find a place secret enough I could maybe cover them when the weather turns.
I'm on pedal bike today, riding round searching for the right spot

Benjamin93

Benjamin93

I had a weak attempt outside last year but there was fires on the field I used and the plant got burnt n destroyed.
I'm putting a few outside today, photos and like you say once it hits October I could be in trouble, we don't get 12hours of darkness till the start of September so I'm predicting they won't finish till into the beginning of November, I got 9/10 weeker. It's dodgy I know but I've got to many plants so I'm gonna give it a try. If I can find a place secret enough I could maybe cover them when the weather turns.
I'm on pedal bike today, riding round searching for the right spot

Yeah I would grow photos but I just like autos because they can hack our climate.
Haha keep searching on your bike mate, bound to be a good spot somewhere!

Benjamin93

Benjamin93

Well that did go to plan....
I had 2 more autos growing in the flower bed of my garden and one of them got snapped, the other got bent in the process of trying to fit it into my carrying bag. I was going to pot them up and take them to the grow site.
Not sure if the bent one will survive.
The other autos spear to be getting eaten by something but still growing well. I’ll be repotting them on Friday.
I think next year I’ll buy some fine mesh to cover them with so the bugs can’t eat them.

3BFB560C F060 41B9 9C17 D1925330D4F3
092A065A 78C7 4227 9187 05F9025F78EC
AB3871C6 C5A0 46BD 80FD 474E2807ECFB
London bud

London bud

How are the girls getting on outside? Ive had one, a little one totally demolished by a snail or slug, not a single trace of any leaf left behind, just a trail of slime up n down the main stem.

Benjamin93

Benjamin93

How are the girls getting on outside? Ive had one, a little one totally demolished by a snail or slug, not a single trace of any leaf left behind, just a trail of slime up n down the main stem.

Im actually kinda pissed off because I didn’t get a chance to go and repot them so they may be dead. I’ll walk past them today after work to see.
The one had been mauled by snails.
I still have one plant in my garden that is flowering and I will move her soon to the other plants. I’m thinking next year I will make a very thin mesh tent so that slugs can’t get in. I think it would be a good investment to ensure the plants survive.

Sorry to hear about your slug attack. I’ve lost cannabis and garden plants to those slimy fuckers

London bud

London bud

Oh I see, I didn't realise your outside one were in pots, you can't see it through the bramble. Yeah the weather ain't been bad, when did you last visit them? I hope there ok.

I put two in the ground, ye one of them got eaten but the others doing really well so far. It hasn't needed watered and I'm surprised how good she looks in the ground, doubled in size in 12 days out there.
IMG 20190702 150325

another member recommended a loop of copper wire on the floor surrounding the plant stem, apparently slugs and snails don't like it. I m gonna give it a go, gonna put down a bit of slug repellent at some point aswel.

Reactions: Ina
Benjamin93

Benjamin93

After almost 2 months of not visiting the site, I decided to visit it today to collect the pots. To my surprise I found that the plants had been eaten to the last stems and I had a few nice stinky buds to harvest.
just cut them and placed the in the shed to dry out for a while.

99121AE8 108F 4A29 B3F6 A82045F994D0
D7B986FC 1691 4D65 BE7D E04365944BC2
F71AC977 EFB4 467B AE0F C7F1B8981E55
D567BA37 C892 4568 BF3C B87D9662F7EA
C09ACCBD 2AD2 4ACA 8DAB E7FA63CCE450
3E9C909D 79AE 4A48 AC53 0AB1B225BE5A
D17C943D 559E 49FB BDD6 EAA82984289C
CD60A761 BB51 4FDA 9DE1 55D26FC52C36
3CAB2F00 1D9A 4C87 9D81 69B4E8112387
Benjamin93

Benjamin93

Oh I see, I didn't realise your outside one were in pots, you can't see it through the bramble. Yeah the weather ain't been bad, when did you last visit them? I hope there ok.

I put two in the ground, ye one of them got eaten but the others doing really well so far. It hasn't needed watered and I'm surprised how good she looks in the ground, doubled in size in 12 days out there.
View attachment 878949

another member recommended a loop of copper wire on the floor surrounding the plant stem, apparently slugs and snails don't like it. I m gonna give it a go, gonna put down a bit of slug repellent at some point aswel.

Yeah i was gonna repot them but i thought they had died so i just left it. The problem with where i grow is that the soil would need allot of work to be suitable for any plant to grow. This winter I’ll do some work on it for next season and dig out the brambles so i can grow there properly.

Yours are looking good mate. How are they now?

Top Bottom