Outdoor Plant Training for Height?

• Thread starter Hammerkush69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hammerkush69

Hi everyone,

Its my first grow, I’ve had a lot of help from the internet, but most of the knowledge in seeing is geared towards indoor grows.

My concern is around how I can manage the plant height to be able to protect the plants with a greenhouse or plastic tarp during flowering in case it rains.

I have 3 plants in large 20-25 gallon pots and I’m not sure how tall they are going to get. One is 5 feet tall already and it’s been growing about 70 days with 2.5 months of veg left until the sun shifts.

I’m starting to get concerned about harvest time as what I’m reading mostly Harvest time begins in October and will flower through the end of the month. SF Bay Area California located. We typically get at least one or two good rains in October, so my plan was to cover the plants with a greenhouse or tarp, but now they are growing so large I don’t think that will be possible unless I start topping them.

is it too late to top them? Not sure how topping would impact the plant this late in the game. If it would be too top heavy or what.
Should I be concerned about rain?
Should I not bother to cover them and just use the shake rain off method after a rain?

Outdoor plant training for height
Top Bottom