Outdoor plant with synthetic light

• Thread starter Newbgrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I had good sun all summer but as the sun dropped in the sky I lost direct sunlight. I’m getting about 4 hrs of direct sunlight each day. I’m I week 4/5 of flower in an outdoor soil garden. Is there any way I can throw a light on it for an hr or 2 a day? If so what type of light do you recommend?

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I had good sun all summer but as the sun dropped in the sky I lost direct sunlight. I’m getting about 4 hrs of direct sunlight each day. I’m I week 4/5 of flower in an outdoor soil garden. Is there any way I can throw a light on it for an hr or 2 a day? If so what type of light do you recommend?
You can, I put a high spectrum LED inside of my green house. I have 6 hours of sunlight and use my LED for the other 6 hours.

I’ve now moved her completely inside due to humidity levels, but it was working great.

If you’re trying to stop it from flowering all together, any CFL in close area will be bright enough to stop it from flipping over.

Coatesygrow1

Coatesygrow1

3 different ranges

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I use supplemental full spectrum lights in my greenhouse. I use them to lengthen light hours to delay flowering earlier on during the spring ... and now to brighten things up on overcast days.

I have 4 of these and could use 8 more: https://www.amazon.com/SHOPLED-Equi...mzn1.fos.d977788f-1483-4f76-90a3-786e4cdc8f10

I like them but they are more for veg. I would like them better if they had more red in their spectrum.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

You can, I put a high spectrum LED inside of my green house. I have 6 hours of sunlight and use my LED for the other 6 hours.

I’ve now moved her completely inside due to humidity levels, but it was working great.

If you’re trying to stop it from flowering all together, any CFL in close area will be bright enough to stop it from flipping over.
Thanks for the advice. I’m not trying to stop it from flowering. I just feel that 4 hrs of direct sun light is a lil less than I want. So my thought was to add a light to get closer to 6 hrs of direct light. Thanks again

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks for the advice. I’m not trying to stop it from flowering. I just feel that 4 hrs of direct sun light is a lil less than I want. So my thought was to add a light to get closer to 6 hrs of direct light. Thanks again

I picked that up in your original post.

I also use them during over-cast days during flower. It's hard to see the 8' tube lights and the reddish color party lights are to add more red to the spectrum. This picture was taken yesterday morning. Since then I have defoliated 6 of the 8 plants to drop humidity.

Screenshot 20220910 080405

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

3 different ranges
I use supplemental full spectrum lights in my greenhouse. I use them to lengthen light hours to delay flowering earlier on during the spring ... and now to brighten things up on overcast days.

I have 4 of these and could use 8 more: https://www.amazon.com/SHOPLED-Equivalent-Spectrum-Linkable-Seedling/dp/B08P5X652P/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3A768FNHXGJZJ&keywords=8'+full+spectrum+light&qid=1662892021&sprefix=8'+full+spectrum+light,aps,238&sr=8-2&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.d977788f-1483-4f76-90a3-786e4cdc8f10

I like them but they are more for veg. I would like them better if they had more red in their spectrum.
Thanks for the info. I’m in flower now so idk if it would be ideal. But I guess anything will help

I have 4 of these and could use 8 more: https://www.amazon.com/SHOPLED-Equivalent-Spectrum-Linkable-Seedling/dp/B08P5X652P/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3A768FNHXGJZJ&keywords=8'+full+spectrum+light&qid=1662892021&sprefix=8'+full+spectrum+light,aps,238&sr=8-2&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.d977788f-1483-4f76-90a3-786e4cdc8f10

thanks for the advice I appreciate the help.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I also use them during over-cast days during flower. It's hard to see the 8' tube lights and the reddish color party lights are to add more red to the spectrum. This picture was taken yesterday morning. Since then I have defoliated 6 of the 8 plants to drop humidity.

View attachment 1280647
That’s another thing I’m worried about since it’s starting to get to our rainy season. And the past week has been nothing but cloudy. I appreciate all the advice. And your girls are looking good. Here’s mine. Unknown strain but I’m happy so far for my first grow.
B906482B 8F3E 4A17 8467 A4487981A942

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter

View attachment 1280647
This is the greenhouse I strive to have when we move and have more land! Love love love this!!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That’s another thing I’m worried about since it’s starting to get to our rainy season. And the past week has been nothing but cloudy. I appreciate all the advice. And your girls are looking good. Here’s mine. Unknown strain but I’m happy so far for my first grow. View attachment 1280649

You should be happy.

It looks like a job well done so far. I just got done saying this in another post ... Outdoors, you can't control the weather mother nature throws at you. You can do everything right and still have problems. Really all you can do is leverage the odds in your favor.

Its so much easier growing indoors.

Top Bottom