outdoor scrog

• Thread starter fdd2blk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fdd2blk

this is my first attempt at this. i usually just let them go. this year i am trying several different scrog ideas. i have flat screens. i have tomato cages. i have tomato cages with flat screens. i have a big roll of screen and plenty of stakes so i will keep adding pieces as needed. i want to keep them low and compact, as well as supported. i have problems with heavy branches braking late in flowering.

Outdoor scrog
Outdoor scrog 2
Outdoor scrog 3
Outdoor scrog 4

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

very nice man.. I love the outdoors.. have a nice summer with the babys

S

sensijuve

Bless;)
That`s interesting, I think I`ll take advantage of this idea and try it with one of my plants.:)

S

sensijuve

I`ve decided that I should build something like that, so I`ve got few questions.
How high are that cages? And write what kind of plants do you have in particular cage.
Please write also how big holes have you got on the top of the scrog.

Regards;)

F

fdd2blk

I`ve decided that I should build something like that, so I`ve got few questions.
How high are that cages? And write what kind of plants do you have in particular cage.
Please write also how big holes have you got on the top of the scrog.

Regards;)

the cages are about knee high. i cut up some fence wire into squares and used zip ties to attach them to the pvc posts.

i am growing my own private strains.

the holes are about 30" deep. i tilled the whole area.

IMG 5578
IMG 5580

IMG 6965
S

Stoned Raider

love the chair facing the plants, talk about watching the grass grow!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
What is happening with the scrog? This was way cool.

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

bump ......im also interested how this turned out it looks like a beautiful garden, its a shame how some of the most promising threads are left incomplete

G

greenthumb

i wish i had the option of growing in my garden like you.but they would get spotted by the flyin pigs or stolen.
even if i left my rottie outside with them.theyd just kill the dog and steal it anyway

G

Gorrillagrower

Wow this is disappointing. Looked good at the start and a pretty good idea. Wish we could see or atleast hear how it turned out.

Kendo

Kendo

Not too bad

Here are a couple of shots of my last Outdoor scrog Kendo Stylee.

IMG 1183 copy
163 6310 IMG
IndoNation1web
05 04 484 copy
Budbudda
bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
fdd2

best of luck brotha

really beautiful setup im def jealous ,im intereste to kno wat strains or crosses of ur own u got goin

1luvbigherb

G

GigZ-16

I love the pics of the ScrOg, but I sadly have to disagree with the idea in general. I myself am a ScrOGger, but only because I am forced to grow with indoor lighting and every precious watt must be used as efficiently as possible. Outdoors you have as unlimited amount of sunlight as your space allows (Does that make sense?).

Although in the one picture it looks like you truly used every square foot of your yard as efficiently as possible. Looks baller as shit. But in the pics of the plants with single screens over each plant it looks like it will only hinder your harvest.

That's just my two cents. I've only been growing for a few years so maybe my lgoc is flawed somewhere in there.:smiley_joint::smiley_joint:

*subscribe

Kendo

Kendo

different methods for different needs

I love the pics of the ScrOg, but I sadly have to disagree with the idea in general. I myself am a ScrOGger, but only because I am forced to grow with indoor lighting and every precious watt must be used as efficiently as possible. Outdoors you have as unlimited amount of sunlight as your space allows (Does that make sense?).

Although in the one picture it looks like you truly used every square foot of your yard as efficiently as possible. Looks baller as shit. But in the pics of the plants with single screens over each plant it looks like it will only hinder your harvest.

That's just my two cents. I've only been growing for a few years so maybe my lgoc is flawed somewhere in there.:smiley_joint::smiley_joint:

*subscribe

As you can see the fenceline is only about 7' high these girls would have topped out at 13'-14' feet easily had they been left to thier own designs.
The double screen method I employed allowed the buds to beef up massively due to the support they were getting .
The shot with the plant just starting into the screen is of an arcata trainwreck that finished at about 4 1/2 lbs of dried , trimmed buds. She ended up looking like a lawn with all the buds being almost exact in height, width and appearance.
About the only drawvack that I found to outdoor scrog is scrogging! Man it takes a lot of time and effort to keep the girls tied, trimmed and pruned when they grow so damn rapidly.
I now use a vertical, circular double screen that I use to tie my girls to, a screen to top works to secure the massive branchsets that reach for the sun. Top, supercrop, clear inners, tie down and watch em go friggin nutso.

Top Bottom