Outdoor time

• Thread starter Asbestos4u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

When will it be safe to bring my plants outdoors, with out them going into flower. I an in northern California.

I always seem to bring them out to soon and they start to flower out.
we sold a light to some guys today who said they needed it for their green house. So I would guess its still to erly.

Thanks

S

SOGreenThumb

Im pretty sure you can put them outside now without them flowering. i have mine out already.

organicness

organicness

What did you have them under for light time? I've been putting mine under 14 or so hours of light to start to match up with where I'd be for outside daylight hours when our frost is passed. That way the plants don't see less hours than before and start to think it's past solstice.

G

Growinthegood

Moving full-time outside

I have been putting my plants outside everyday at 7am,bringing them in at 7pm, then running my t-5 veg light till 12pm. So they have been vegging for about 17 hrs a day.

Can I just put them out, or do I need to wean them off a bit, by reducing the time spent under the grow light? I was thinking about reducing the light time by a couple hrs this week and maybe a another hr the following week?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

organicness

organicness

how many hours of daylight are you getting right now where you live?

organicness

organicness

Cutting down 2 hours probably would be fine. If you were running 24 hours and then cut it down to 15 hours of daylight, that's where you'd run into issues.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Next year set them up with a staggered, or better termed an interrupted photoperiod. Put their main daylight photoperiod at the number of hours that matches the daylight hours, where you live, of when you plan on putting them out. I use 13hrs daylight. That daylight period is then interrupted, twice during the dark photoperiod, for 1-2 hrs each interruption.

This is absolutely sufficient to disrupt flowering and continue vegetative growth with most strains. I can't say for sure what's dependent, nor can I say that Sativa-doms do this or Indica-doms do that because right now I have The White, Bubba Kush (pre-98), Orange Kush, Chocolate Diesel (you'd better believe that gal is a Sativa tribe!) and Blockhead that were all put outside at the same time. And it's only the Blockhead that's showing photoperiod confusion and throwing out single and triple lobed leaves and has begun to flower.

You might want to use this tool to calculate what photoperiod to use: Daylight Hours Explorer

S

SLO Grown

Depends if they are clones or from seed? If clones, standard is June 1, seeds April 15 or so. Indica clones are tricky too they will flower at 14hrs. Seed's are youngsters and still maturing, where clones are mature and ready to roll as soon as they get the right day time night time ratio. Just watch your day time night time ratio's here ya go...
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/usa/California.asp

I

Indicas4me

I start putting mine out May 7th from 24 hour light and never had one go straight to flower.The days are getting longer then and the plants recognize that pretty quick IMO.

G

Growinthegood

The sun is up by 645am...plants outside till about 730 pm..total 13 hrs outside. then inside from 8-12 pm t-5 300watt.
Thanks

G

Growinthegood

Next year set them up with a staggered, or better termed an interrupted photoperiod. Put their main daylight photoperiod at the number of hours that matches the daylight hours, where you live, of when you plan on putting them out. I use 13hrs daylight. That daylight period is then interrupted, twice during the dark photoperiod, for 1-2 hrs each interruption.

This is absolutely sufficient to disrupt flowering and continue vegetative growth with most strains. I can't say for sure what's dependent, nor can I say that Sativa-doms do this or Indica-doms do that because right now I have The White, Bubba Kush (pre-98), Orange Kush, Chocolate Diesel (you'd better believe that gal is a Sativa tribe!) and Blockhead that were all put outside at the same time. And it's only the Blockhead that's showing photoperiod confusion and throwing out single and triple lobed leaves and has begun to flower.

You might want to use this tool to calculate what photoperiod to use: Daylight Hours Explorer
Thanks for the response.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

They were all grown from seed. They have been under 24 hours a day light with 1000 watts of MH light.

I kinda suspect Im going to be screwed putting them outside after living under 24 hours of light.

Thanks

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Naww,,,put em out...I think a cloudy day would be best though

But what the heck do I know?....im doing my 1st grow this year...lol :hi

StickyBuds420

StickyBuds420

find out how much daylight you have in your area like each day and then slowly get them down to that many hours before putting them outside permanently.

I

Indicas4me

They were all grown from seed. They have been under 24 hours a day light with 1000 watts of MH light.

I kinda suspect Im going to be screwed putting them outside after living under 24 hours of light.

Thanks

Nop,not unless you got a weird strain which I doubt.I run all my veg on 24/7,but I will take that back on not having one go straight to flower.But i think that is caused more from transplant shock,which can/does happen.Especially with not a good loose soil mix.

I

Indicas4me

Naww,,,put em out...I think a cloudy day would be best though

But what the heck do I know?....im doing my 1st grow this year...lol :hi

I actually put them out with alot of sun in the forecast.Intense heat with bright sun can burn them.an easy way to get around this without visiting your patch (or hardening them off) is to break leafy branches off a tree/weed and stick in the soil shading your plants.As a couple days go by the leaves dry and shrivel allowing more sun in gradually.Works great for me!

D

driftset

I had my clones (blue dream, sour diesel, and Cali Connections Julius) in 24/7. I put all of them outside on May 15th. In my area I was getting 14 hrs and 20 min according to sunrisesunset.com's calendar. They've been fine. No sign of going into flower.

Top Bottom