• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Great write up IMHO.

Love the concept of the term used for fine wines called Terroir which is how various wines get a specific taste from the particular earth /region the grapes are grown in. Best part is it works the same way for cannabis.

Enjoy

Jackson-620x465.jpg

By Ganja Girl Scout · On March 6, 2015
Whether you’re a cannabis consumer, grower, buyer or seller, you know different growing methods effect the price and value of cannabis. It’s quite sad to me that a majority of cannabis consumers and buyers are largely ignorant of the fact that outdoor ganja is as good and sometimes far superior to any indoor cannabis you will ever consume.

I myself used to be a die hard advocate of indoor cannabis. As a buyer and a smoker, I thought that indoor was God. Then I went to work on an outdoor cannabis farm for three years. I now can tell you that I absolutely refuse to smoke indoor unless it is offered in a social setting and I am being polite, or if I’m judging a cannabis competition that includes indoor strains.

There is nothing in the world like real high grade outdoor organic cannabis grown under the sun in Northern California. If you think about tomatoes, which would you prefer to eat? A homegrown tomato from my garden, grown organically under the sun? Or a hothouse tomato grown in a greenhouse? Which has more flavor? Which tastes more authentically like a Real Tomato? I think we all know the answer to this one folks. You want my homegrown garden tomatoes.

Apply this same logic to cannabis and you will come to the conclusion that maybe you should try some high grade Outdoor Cannabis. You just might like it. Actually you might love it. In fact, you might never go back to indoor again.

Terroir is the set of special characteristics that the geography, geology and climate of a certain place, interacting with plant genetics. Via Wikipedia.

For me, when I smoke Ins (industry lingo for indoor herb), all I taste is chemicals. People are failing to understand the concept that cannabis, like wine, is rooted in Terroire. Ask any true cannabis connoisseur and they will tell you it’s true. Outdoor ganja when done right kicks the ass of indoor up and down the I-5 corridor.

A ganja plant grown in the soil of a specific region, surrounded by other plants, steeped in moonlight and the subtle air currents of Nature and under the light of the actual Sun grows differently than a plant grown in a sterile environment under lights, with no insects or birds or worms or moonlight. This kind of environment elicits a different end result that is consistent, but lacking in subtle unique ways that are essential to an exquisite end product.

What Indoor Growing Is and Isn’t Good For
Why does everyone think that indoor is the shit? When cannabis was highly illegal, it was extremely difficult to experiment with breeding outdoors when farming was done guerrilla style to hide from law enforcement. The weed nerds were forced indoors and that is where they started geeking out on genetics. A controlled indoor environment is the way to go when creating new strains. Once a strain has been created, however, it should be let loose in the real outdoor environment where phenotypes will be affected by Terroire creating amazing terpenes and complex ratios of all the different cannabinoids.

I believe that great cannabis can be achieved in any environment but that some are more conducive to giving the ganja that something extra that makes it special and stand out amongst the rest. I’m so tired of seeing people charge so much more money for indoor or refuse to pay above a certain price if it’s outdoor. Come on, peeps, there’s more to it than that. How does it smell? How does it taste? How does the high make you feel?

I have seen, smelled, tasted and smoked some of the best herb in the world. Ins, Outs, Deps, Greens. I can honestly say I would rather smoke outdoor organic cannabis than any other ganja on the planet.

That said, outdoor growers, if you want your product to be treated as equal to or greater than the other types of weed on the market, then start trimming that shit like it was Indoor. Consumers like a beautiful product. They wanna show off this killer herb to their friends. When it looks all shaggy, it isn’t as impressive. If outdoor growers trimmed their Outs like Ins, they would easily command higher prices and brisker sales for their product.

Moral of the Story: When buying cannabis the key question to ask is not “Is this outdoor or indoor?” The questions you should be asking are: Is this organic? How does it smell? How does it look? How does it taste? Did I enjoy the effects? These are the questions that matter.

At the end of the day, if it looks great, smells great, tastes great and got you high as f*ck, then shouldn’t you be stoked that it also cost you less money, had less of an environmental impact and used up less resources to produce? Yes! You should be stoked! So get out there and try some high grade outdoor organic cannabis from Northern California!

http://www.theganjier.com/2015/03/06/outdoor-vs-indoor-dispelling-the-myth-that-indoor-is-better/

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Great write up IMHO.

Love the concept of the term used for fine wines called Terroir which is how various wines get a specific taste from the particular earth /region the grapes are grown in. Best part is it works the same way for cannabis.

Enjoy

Jackson-620x465.jpg

By Ganja Girl Scout · On March 6, 2015
Whether you’re a cannabis consumer, grower, buyer or seller, you know different growing methods effect the price and value of cannabis. It’s quite sad to me that a majority of cannabis consumers and buyers are largely ignorant of the fact that outdoor ganja is as good and sometimes far superior to any indoor cannabis you will ever consume.

I myself used to be a die hard advocate of indoor cannabis. As a buyer and a smoker, I thought that indoor was God. Then I went to work on an outdoor cannabis farm for three years. I now can tell you that I absolutely refuse to smoke indoor unless it is offered in a social setting and I am being polite, or if I’m judging a cannabis competition that includes indoor strains.

There is nothing in the world like real high grade outdoor organic cannabis grown under the sun in Northern California. If you think about tomatoes, which would you prefer to eat? A homegrown tomato from my garden, grown organically under the sun? Or a hothouse tomato grown in a greenhouse? Which has more flavor? Which tastes more authentically like a Real Tomato? I think we all know the answer to this one folks. You want my homegrown garden tomatoes.

Apply this same logic to cannabis and you will come to the conclusion that maybe you should try some high grade Outdoor Cannabis. You just might like it. Actually you might love it. In fact, you might never go back to indoor again.

Terroir is the set of special characteristics that the geography, geology and climate of a certain place, interacting with plant genetics. Via Wikipedia.

For me, when I smoke Ins (industry lingo for indoor herb), all I taste is chemicals. People are failing to understand the concept that cannabis, like wine, is rooted in Terroire. Ask any true cannabis connoisseur and they will tell you it’s true. Outdoor ganja when done right kicks the ass of indoor up and down the I-5 corridor.

A ganja plant grown in the soil of a specific region, surrounded by other plants, steeped in moonlight and the subtle air currents of Nature and under the light of the actual Sun grows differently than a plant grown in a sterile environment under lights, with no insects or birds or worms or moonlight. This kind of environment elicits a different end result that is consistent, but lacking in subtle unique ways that are essential to an exquisite end product.

What Indoor Growing Is and Isn’t Good For
Why does everyone think that indoor is the shit? When cannabis was highly illegal, it was extremely difficult to experiment with breeding outdoors when farming was done guerrilla style to hide from law enforcement. The weed nerds were forced indoors and that is where they started geeking out on genetics. A controlled indoor environment is the way to go when creating new strains. Once a strain has been created, however, it should be let loose in the real outdoor environment where phenotypes will be affected by Terroire creating amazing terpenes and complex ratios of all the different cannabinoids.

I believe that great cannabis can be achieved in any environment but that some are more conducive to giving the ganja that something extra that makes it special and stand out amongst the rest. I’m so tired of seeing people charge so much more money for indoor or refuse to pay above a certain price if it’s outdoor. Come on, peeps, there’s more to it than that. How does it smell? How does it taste? How does the high make you feel?

I have seen, smelled, tasted and smoked some of the best herb in the world. Ins, Outs, Deps, Greens. I can honestly say I would rather smoke outdoor organic cannabis than any other ganja on the planet.

That said, outdoor growers, if you want your product to be treated as equal to or greater than the other types of weed on the market, then start trimming that shit like it was Indoor. Consumers like a beautiful product. They wanna show off this killer herb to their friends. When it looks all shaggy, it isn’t as impressive. If outdoor growers trimmed their Outs like Ins, they would easily command higher prices and brisker sales for their product.

Moral of the Story: When buying cannabis the key question to ask is not “Is this outdoor or indoor?” The questions you should be asking are: Is this organic? How does it smell? How does it look? How does it taste? Did I enjoy the effects? These are the questions that matter.

At the end of the day, if it looks great, smells great, tastes great and got you high as f*ck, then shouldn’t you be stoked that it also cost you less money, had less of an environmental impact and used up less resources to produce? Yes! You should be stoked! So get out there and try some high grade outdoor organic cannabis from Northern California!

http://www.theganjier.com/2015/03/06/outdoor-vs-indoor-dispelling-the-myth-that-indoor-is-better/
I do love outdoor but i wont give it to my patients as MEDICINE for only 1 reason... outdoor contaminants that i may not know of. While companies like bayer and pfyzer sling contaminated medicine to other countries to make a buck im not that type. People's allergies are sometimes really set off from outdoor due to other pollen and stuff in the great outdoors(im one of them). Yes!!! Outdoor is cheaper and good for the environment but some just want more of a controlled product.... both good products but i can only be certain that 1 has no molds ,pollens or bugs.

Screenshot 2016 06 05 16 47 29
Screenshot 2016 06 11 07 24 40
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Borg have their place imo. I'm all about indoor, but that's cause I can't grow outdoors lol. I love that earthy flavor you get from outdoor. But yet to have it knock me on my ass like some hydro has in the past. But they both have their positives and negatives. I plan to do both asap.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Indoor is going to have more bag appeal generally speaking, hasn't had the crap knocked out of it by nature.

The writeup appears to take the position that all the indoor grows use chemical nutes. I think you can hit that flavor target with a good organic soil mix, doesn't really have a whole lot to do with the dirt being under one form of light or another.

Would be curious to try clones grown in different native soils, I don't think my palette would be delicate enough to pick up the difference but it is an interesting idea.

Will concede that as a rule of thumb OD has a nicer flavor.

Blaze

Blaze

According to some of the people I've talked to in the testing industry outdoor actually tends to test pesticide free much more often and has lower levels of fungus and bacteria, and usually has higher levels of THC and terpenes. My own experience would confirm this as well based on the lab testing we have done. The claim that indoor is more potent or 'safer' for patients is very much an unsubstantiated myth in my opinion.

grayarea

grayarea

yea u can use miracle grow outdoors in the right climate and get a pretty good product still lol use it indoors in a perfect climate and the product will be sub par every time. good indoor only last as long as the person in charge ,once it turns into a group of people thinking they are equal the quality gets diluted. i prefer indoor.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
According to some of the people I've talked to in the testing industry outdoor actually tends to test pesticide free much more often and has lower levels of fungus and bacteria, and usually has higher levels of THC and terpenes. My own experience would confirm this as well based on the lab testing we have done. The claim that indoor is more potent or 'safer' for patients is very much an unsubstantiated myth in my opinion.
Now thats what I am talkin about. Good comment @Blaze oh and good to see you around bro.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The thing we all need to remember is Man cannot yet recreate nature. Nor do I think we ever will. Tho we try and wish and think we can. :D The outdoors has a way of taking care of itself naturally with its own arsenal of beneficial insects and such to take care of things. I have seen more contamination reports from indoor grown weed. I believe that is due to the indoor grows dont have that natural balance to take care of things and growers both boutique and comershal alike blast the crap out of there girls with man made chemicals. Tho I will say it looks like more and more are starting to go organic with their IPM strategies. I have been smoking outdoor grown for 30 years. I have smoked indoor grown for 30 years and I will take outdoor grown over indoor any day of the week. Farmer skills and strain dependent of course. :p

SmallGuy

SmallGuy

Tried growing indoor, built the grow room, bought the lights etc. Could control temp and humidity etc, etc. I found it to be tedious and if you lose power your done. That was it for me. Indoor grower nerds always doing this thing or that thing trying to duplicate Mother nature, well actually the good things, because Outdoor folks have to deal with Mother nature when she isn't nice. But outdoors I can walk around my girls unimpeded and can observed them close up. Amazing what your plant can tell you if you watch it closely, when to nute, what to nute, when to water, when not to water. There is no schedule outdoors because you are always reacting to different conditions so you learn to listen to your plants. Indoors you can't see behind the curtain. No shade on indoor growers but really if you had the land and didn't live north of the 60th parallel in the northern hemisphere and 50th parallel in the south, you'd go outdoors, at least many of you.

Top Bottom