outdoor watering vs indoor watering

• Thread starter budsofgeorgia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

would you want your plants in pots that are outside to get as dry as plants you have inside before you water them ?
i have 2 plants in 3 gallon pots outside and it has been 7 days since i have gave them some water , i watered them each a half gallon on 5/22 and on 5/26 it rained now its 5/28 and my pots still feel a little heavy but not soaking wet heavy or anything

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

would you want your plants in pots that are outside to get as dry as plants you have inside before you water them ?
i have 2 plants in 3 gallon pots outside and it has been 7 days since i have gave them some water , i watered them each a half gallon on 5/22 and on 5/26 it rained now its 5/28 and my pots still feel a little heavy but not soaking wet heavy or anything
Don't over water. Use the weight method😉

Natep

Natep

This is dependent on what type of grow you have. If you are feeding with synthetic nutrients you want the pots to dry back. In organic the soils needs to stay between 35-45% moisture. The weight method only works when the pots are small enough to pick up. My 15 gallon pots have about 50lbs of rock and sand in the bottom to build the aqua fir.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'd just keep an eye on them and the weather and water them if they look like they need it.

Galgrows

Galgrows

I'm guessing there in plastic pots? 3 gallon fabric at 7 days still heavy sounds abit much and unless it's a heavy soil or too cool to dry out? I punch lots of holes into my plastic pots. What's in the bottom layer any small stones?

Top Bottom