Outdoor winter grow ... Call me crazy

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Bloody oath mate goin well that brick wall be helping a bit keep whatever warm in the temps are surprisingly good for the time of the year I think u might just pull it off inspiration to us all👍

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Bloody oath mate goin well that brick wall be helping a bit keep whatever warm in the temps are surprisingly good for the time of the year I think u might just pull it off inspiration to us all👍
The house I own is really passive solar NE facing which is a bonus and this time the is hitting the wall from 7 am till about 4 pm so I'm hoping I may do just that grow some buds in winter ☺️💯🏴‍☠️

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Any updates on the outdoor OD?
Been great weather what winter was I talking about block wall a warm 23 deg C
IMG 20210517 150232
IMG 20210517 150318
IMG 20210517 150337
IMG 20210517 150331
IMG 20210517 150559
IMG 20210517 150359

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Looks pretty good so far mate next month or 2 might test ya a bit starting to lighten up at the budding points soon have a bit of fluff on there

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

How’s these outdoor beauties goin OD surely they have frozen solid and gone dormant by now😂

sambapati

sambapati

Added a few more this morning while the weather is warm and I've got a little time to get them potted up I just used last season's pots turned out some of my chooks compost or black lightning as we call it at One drops . I'm going to do this ..... leaf temp at 7 am was 12 degrees C . Spent there first full night out not a bad outing to begin my crazy winter grow opp View attachment 1121734View attachment 1121733View attachment 1121732View attachment 1121731View attachment 1121730View attachment 1121729View attachment 1121728View attachment 1121723
Ohh Crazy in a good way and I like the plastic sheeting for protection and coddle the little dears a bit....

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

This is really cool I am curious to see how they turn out. I do winter grows all the time but I am spoiled cuz Im in California by the ocean. We have Mediterranean climate Im in zone 10A. Only get a few light freezes per winter and I just cover my plants with trash-bags at night. Dam Tasmania gets freezing definitely gonna be trickier its cool to see that you were able to create a makeshift greenhouse to help hold in some of the warmth. 👍

By the way this actually reminded me of a video I saw on Youtube years back that was incredibly inspiring. I put the link below if you guys got a little time this is absolutely worth a watch I know the video is a bit long. Basically this super old timer farmer in the frozen US Midwest figured out a way to use deep dug tunnels under the ground to naturally warm his greenhouse during the winter months. First he takes deep soil temperate readings before starting the build. You dig deep enough you will find soil that is warm around 55F (13C) even though the top soil is completely frozen solid. Once you know how deep the 13C soil is then he digs it out with a tractor and installs big ventilation pipes at that depth that extend way out on his property for hundreds of feet in a big pattern eventually ending back at the green house. He uses solar powered turbines to vent the air from inside the green house through the deep underground tubes. As the air moves though the long underground system it is heated by the earth. Once the air is expelled back into the greenhouse it comes out at a constant 13C. The entire system takes literally zero electricity. Its incredible this guy is growing oranges and lemons and limes and is like -23C outside fucking crazy! When this system is paired with an aquaponics setup with living fish its a completely self contained unit that can be ran year round. In the summer it also cools the air to 13C also so when its blazing hot your plants stay cool as well. One day i would love to build a system like this you can buy land cheaper inland here by the desert. its a bit too hot for cannabis in the summer but i bet if you built this system you can grow badass cannabis year round even in the blazing 41C Southern California desert sun. I cant wait until I can get a big acreage of land and build something like this. Awesome! You should build one in Tasmania you would kill it year round I guarantee it!

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

What do u mean managed to get out the back u have an injury or something mate?

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Yes Cobba I’m still kicking I’ll get some pics today I’m walking better on one cane now I’ll hit you up soon mate thanks for asking appreciate that a lot . Od
No worries I know what it’s like for someone to deal with critical pain my mrs has brain surgery a couple years back saved her life she also deals with chronic fybromyalgia and arthritis hence the reason I started this indoor journey so not only do I feel sorry for u I also feel for ya family who have to c ya in pain all the time anyway enough rambling from me have a good 1👍

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
No worries I know what it’s like for someone to deal with critical pain my mrs has brain surgery a couple years back saved her life she also deals with chronic fybromyalgia and arthritis hence the reason I started this indoor journey so not only do I feel sorry for u I also feel for ya family who have to c ya in pain all the time anyway enough rambling from me have a good 1👍
IMG 20210616 100416
IMG 20210616 101719

IMG 20210616 101744
IMG 20210616 101846
IMG 20210616 101846

Here you go buddy was a good adventure getting outdoors in the sun for a brief Tim till rain set back in winter island 🏝️ life 😜 . Od

IMG 20210616 101918
Top Bottom