Over dryed

• Thread starter Jay2341
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jay2341

Hi guys my buds on the outside is crispy and a little moist in side my brother smoked it it gets you stoned but got a weird taste to it some said put orange peel inside for a few hours and it moist back up is this true or is there anything I can do

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Stick it in a jar with the lid on. The inner moisture will come out and moisten the outer dry layer. After a day in the jar take the lid off for a half hour to let some of the moisture out and put the lid back on. The next day do the same thing but reduce it to 20 minutes with the lid off. Keep doing this until it’s mostly dry then leave the lid on and let it cure. Check every couple days to make sure it’s not too damp. Use the 62% boveda packs to keep it in the right humidity zone for long periods of time.

J

Jay2341

Stick it in a jar with the lid on. The inner moisture will come out and moisten the outer dry layer. After a day in the jar take the lid off for a half hour to let some of the moisture out and put the lid back on. The next day do the same thing but reduce it to 20 minutes with the lid off. Keep doing this until it’s mostly dry then leave the lid on and let it cure. Check every couple days to make sure it’s not too damp. Use the 62% boveda packs to keep it in the right humidity zone for long periods of time.

Should they be kept in cool place ?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ideally. Mid 60s is great. Dark too. But you can do it however you want. What you are smelling is the excess moisture trapped inside the buds. That hay smell will be there until it’s fully dried. It’s common.

J

Jay2341

Ideally. Mid 60s is great. Dark too. But you can do it however you want. What you are smelling is the excess moisture trapped inside the buds. That hay smell will be there until it’s fully dried. It’s common.

I was gonna leave them in my loft put not sure it be to cold as temperatures are around 13 degrees and humidity around 65

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You really need to seal them off from their air supply otherwise they will dry out too much. You’re at the point where you need to jar them and allow the inside moisture to come out and evenly distribute itself. If it gets too dry it won’t cure. If it stays too wet it’ll get moldy.

J

Jay2341

You really need to seal them off from their air supply otherwise they will dry out too much. You’re at the point where you need to jar them and allow the inside moisture to come out and evenly distribute itself. If it gets too dry it won’t cure. If it stays too wet it’ll get moldy.

How long do you usually jar them for to see a different

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I store my buds in jars. I do as stated above until they are ready to stay closed. Once properly dried out those boveda packs keep them in ideal conditions to take the guesswork out of it. Btw some hydroshops have the cheap humidor packs which seem to work just as well but at a fraction of the price of boveda.

J

Jay2341

I store my buds in jars. I do as stated above until they are ready to stay closed. Once properly dried out those boveda packs keep them in ideal conditions to take the guesswork out of it. Btw some hydroshops have the cheap humidor packs which seem to work just as well but at a fraction of the price of boveda.

Okay thank, are them vacuum bags any good

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Btw get those orange peels out of there. Grab some mason jars and do as stated above. You’ve got plenty of moisture inside the buds.

J

Jay2341

Btw get those orange peels out of there. Grab some mason jars and do as stated above. You’ve got plenty of moisture inside the buds.

I’ve just took them out and the outside of the bud gone a little sticky and there in mason jars now

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

Top Bottom