Over Watered Or Under Watered? Help

• Thread starter Hala
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hala

Hala

Hi. This one was born on Feb 13. About 5 days ago it started showing signs of having droopy leaves and kinda curled in. Wondering if she has a chance for survival. She is a purple auto by white label. Can someone tell me whats wrong with her and how to make her happy again as she was very happy up until about 5 days ago. She lives in 7 gal smart pot, which I know is too much for her but too late now. I really hope she can survive. She seemed so happy. The temp is about 72 F. Thanks Guys.
what do you guys think of this one? This is royal bluematic. They are the same age and already started flowing this week. I am afraid this one is going to be too small? Flowered at this stage of development, will it yield something?

Blue
Hala

Hala

This one looks healthier to me but they have been watered exactly the same way. I think i gave little more to the other one and it got sick. wtf!

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

That soil you're using holds quite a bit of moisture. It also feels heavier than most other soils, even when dry. I had some just like it, with chunks of brick in it. When I first drenched my pots of it after transplanting, I think I went almost ten days without watering lol

Hala

Hala

Ok, so i'll just stop watering them until they start screaming for water. :))

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The 8 hours passed and the plant still looks the same if not worse. :(
Then based on your response I would lean toward over watered. Any plant craving water will rebound quickly once irrigated, unless of course it was already suffering from overwatering symptoms.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Toss some good ol chemicals in there and she’ll straighten right out :p

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Excessive nitrogen can also cause drooping that looks a lot like it needs water, but I don't know anything about the contents of the stuff you are using. If you soaked it until water came out the bottom of the container and you still haven't seen an improvement 8 hours later, then my earlier assumption is obviously wrong. They perk back up quickly. The salinity of nutrients is usually what burns the plants...at least this is the reason why overfed plants look thirsty as explained to me years ago. Might be urban legend, but I know that the "thirsty" look is one symptom of it.

Hala

Hala

Hello Guys. Here they are exactly 3 weeks later. Two different strains (first is Royal Bluematic Auto, and the 2nd is Purple Bud Auto by WhiteLabel). Both have stayed very short, I am shocked about this. The purple was that was overwatered, I did not water it until yesterday so that would be about 20 days since then and I just watered little bit and this morning they look like this again. I think its the soil that just does not want the water. :) Please share your thoughts, what am I doing wrong? Why are they bot so short? I have very good ventilation system in the tent, but I don't have the fan. Could this be the reason for them being so short? I know that I have overpotted them and is this the only reason for them being so short? Next time I will use one or max two gallon containers at most. Looks like the autos just don't have enough veg time to grow into 5 or 7 gallon smart bags. Should I expect them continue growing and this is it? How much time do you think they have left till harverst? This is their 3rd week of flowering and 8th week from sprouting.

Blue 1
Purple 1
Hala

Hala

If they remain this size they are just not worth the hassle. I think I'll be lucky if I get 5 grams dry weight per plant from these or should I expect more? I was hoping I would get around 40-50 grams per plant but hey. They just did not grow. I thought more light and more soil I would give the bigger they would grow but looks like I was wrong. The last time I grew auto was in 1 gallon pot and it grew 4-5 times the size of these. It had good height, well branched out and the buds that it generated were fat, dense and smelled nice. Oh, these one have no smell at all and I am shocked about this as well. They just produce zero smell. Isn't this weird as well? Or is it too early for them to produce smell? They are finishing the 3 week of flowering. How much time do they have left? and when do you think they will stink up the place? :))

Hala

Hala

This is a close up to Purple Bud Auto by WhiteLabel. Looks little overwatered again, doesn't it? It's been 20 days since the last watering and I gave her little bit of water yesterday and this morning it looks like this again. WTF! :)

Purple 3
Purple 4
simcoesod

simcoesod

start with novice strains and work your way up...you dont see a gp doing heart surgery do you?

Hala

Hala

I am literally watering once in a blue moon. Just spraying some here and there when i see cracks in the soil but as soon as i do that the purple bud starts looking sick again.

Hala

Hala

Excessive nitrogen can also cause drooping that looks a lot like it needs water, but I don't know anything about the contents of the stuff you are using. If you soaked it until water came out the bottom of the container and you still haven't seen an improvement 8 hours later, then my earlier assumption is obviously wrong. They perk back up quickly. The salinity of nutrients is usually what burns the plants...at least this is the reason why overfed plants look thirsty as explained to me years ago. Might be urban legend, but I know that the "thirsty" look is one symptom of it.
Hi. I posted some new pics and would lobe to see your feedback. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom