• Start date
  • Tagged users None
AndyBoi

AndyBoi

White widow feminized
Soil/coco/worm castings/perlite/vermiculite
4x2
Week 3 of flower
Using general hydroponics 3 part feed (gro/bloom/micro) and calimagic.

8 days ago I attempted my first top dressing. I used EWC, coco coir, soil and vermiculite. I didnt have enough vermiculite, coco coir or any perlite in this top dressing. This resulted in a dense mud that shank and tightened as it dried. Before todays feeding, I shuffled a 40/60 perlite/coco coir mixture into the previous top dressing. While feeding (a slightly more potent feeding), I noticed some slight tips pointing down. (sign of overwatering?) A few hours post feeding, a more dramatic downfall of the tips is noted. This might have been the longest I gone without watering them (8 days). I know overwatering is the lack of O2 available to roots, my dense top dressing could have caused this. However, I am using fabric planters.

any information is greatly appreciated.

Much Love
Andy Boi

Over watering or a deficiency
Over watering or a deficiency 2
Over watering or a deficiency 3
Over watering or a deficiency 4
mancorn

mancorn

What was your thinking about top dressing? With the coco coir, soil and vermiculite you’re just adding more grow medium (not nutrients) and shouldn’t have made much of a difference (beyond the consistency of your “soil”). Your leaves are super green with a shinny appearance, which is an indication that your GH application (N) is too high. I’d try to break up your top “mud” (which is probable from the EWC) and see if you can incorporate it into your old soil and dial back your fertilizer.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

What was your thinking about top dressing? With the coco coir, soil and vermiculite you’re just adding more grow medium (not nutrients) and shouldn’t have made much of a difference (beyond the consistency of your “soil”). Your leaves are super green with a shinny appearance, which is an indication that your GH application (N) is too high. I’d try to break up your top “mud” (which is probable from the EWC) and see if you can incorporate it into your old soil and dial back your fertilizer.

This is helpful information, I will look into details of my feeding and relationship to Nitrogen. Thank you.

I understand your position my top dressing. I was top dressing for 2 reasons.
1. some roots were exposed to the air.
2. I wanted to re-introduce worm castings to the plants. I feel they may have used most of what was in the initial mix.

I have added a coco coir and perlite mix to the existing top dressing, resulting in an ideal texture and density, So I believe.

Thank you and much Love,
Andy Boi.

growsince79

growsince79

White widow feminized
Soil/coco/worm castings/perlite/vermiculite
4x2
Week 3 of flower
Using general hydroponics 3 part feed (gro/bloom/micro) and calimagic.

8 days ago I attempted my first top dressing. I used EWC, coco coir, soil and vermiculite. I didnt have enough vermiculite, coco coir or any perlite in this top dressing. This resulted in a dense mud that shank and tightened as it dried. Before todays feeding, I shuffled a 40/60 perlite/coco coir mixture into the previous top dressing. While feeding (a slightly more potent feeding), I noticed some slight tips pointing down. (sign of overwatering?) A few hours post feeding, a more dramatic downfall of the tips is noted. This might have been the longest I gone without watering them (8 days). I know overwatering is the lack of O2 available to roots, my dense top dressing could have caused this. However, I am using fabric planters.

any information is greatly appreciated.

Much Love
Andy Boi
What size pots and how often do you water?

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

What size pots and how often do you water?
5 gallon fabric planters.
water history is as follows
Nov 12, Nov 17, Nov 23, Dec 2, Dec 7, Dec 13, Dec 16, Dec 24
I water till completely soaked and 20% run off

growsince79

growsince79

5 gallon fabric planters.
water history is as follows
Nov 12, Nov 17, Nov 23, Dec 2, Dec 7, Dec 13, Dec 16, Dec 24
I water till completely soaked and 20% run off
The watering sounds like not enough for plants that size, but they look healthy. I'd keep doing what you're doing. Maybe more or better light. How much they getting now

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

The watering sounds like not enough for plants that size, but they look healthy. I'd keep doing what you're doing. Maybe more or better light. How much they getting now
Top of canopy is 13” from sf 2000 on full power. I believe that is enough light.

Top Bottom